Florida Memorial University Reviews

Before I decided to come to Florida Memorial University, I was planning on going to Monroe College in New York. There are three reasons why I really wanted to go to Monroe. One, Monroe is a school well known for it's computer engineering studies. Two I'm from the Bahamas so living in New York would allow me to meet new people in a environment that is one of the most diveresed and widely visited places in the world. Three, I've never seen or felt snow before, so that was also a reason for me.
However, I later found out about Florida Memorial's excellent academic reputation and that when you graduate, because you came from an HBCU the drive you have to be more successful is uncomparable. Because Florida Memorial does not have a big campus or classes, its easier to have one on one conversations with your professors that can relate to you and actually know your name and this helps grow your self-esteem and communication skills. On this campus, there is never really a dull moment.
Florida Memorial University has excellent professors and has a very diverse culture due to the diversity of the students and staff.
My experience so far at FMU has been mixed. I like the atmosphere and the professors are really accommodating. The only drawback is there is no FOOTBALL! This would make for more social activities on the campus. It gets boring!
Start Your Review of Florida Memorial University
I have been at Florida Memorial University for 2 years. This school engage students in learning for personal achievement, for a sustainable livelihood and an enduring contribution to society.
so far its nice im loving it the dorms are nice the security is on point and my coach is excellent. im not going to school now but the little time im here is quite wonderful. my room mate is the bomb and im gonna look forward to going to classes soon.
My first year at Florida Memorial
University was great , I enjoyed the college life, parties, going to class when I wanted to. I love the school, but i would like to get new and improved dorm/ housing
My experience here at Florida Memorial was a typical college experience that I pictured in mind. This school is very diverse and caters to a lot of international students. One thing that I love about this university is that there are small classroom sizes and that the campus is small enough for you to know practically everyone. Which can be a good and a bad thing. This university can benefit from some changes especially when it comes to campus life and student opportunities.
I feel as thought Florida Memorial University is an OKAY school. In my opinion the worst has to be the food. On campus we're not given enough food options. The academics is good and the campus is okay also.
The living arrangements are not up to satisfaction. If you are lucky, you might be able to stay in a new dorm (which allows you to have your own room a shared bathroom, living-room, etc.) If you do not receive a new dorm, you have to live in a room wit three other people, a public bathroom shared by the entire dormitory with bathroom stalls and shared gym-like showers. The campus itself, has plenty potential but a lot of the architecture is old. The classrooms do not look up to the part of a college environment. There are many resources provided to the students and the professors are always there to help.
My experience as a college senior at Florida Memorial University is bittersweet. The staff really treat you like you're at home, easy to adjust! By it's a diversity school, you get to meet other people and become accustomed to their beliefs. If I could change anything it would be to make the dorms co-ed.
My experience here is great! Everyone is friendly and there's a lot of help on campus. The professors are nice and helps you out if you don't understand anything. They also make sure everyone participates in class activities, so they won't feel left out.
The teachers and staff at Florida Memorial University are very nice and very helpful. what I like about the university is that there are fun activities for students do to and there's not a lot of student in the classroom.
One thing that I like about Florida Memorial University is the unity that the students have with each other. There is really a family bond between the staff and the students , it really feels like a family. One thing that I would like to see change is for the University to become more organized. There have been incidents where a student's paperwork is misplaced, and that needs to be improved.
Florida Memorial University is a great l school with excellent faculty and staff member from the professors to the grounds men. The campus is small in size but a great atmosphere to grow up in. The classes are small and that one on one time with professors for extra guidance is excellent to have.
The University has grown since my Freshman year, rather than practicing traditions they are creating them. The campus is very diverse so you can meet different people and there is something for everyone to come together and do at all times from sports, Greek life to musicals.
Overall my experience at FMU has been awesome for me and going into my Junior year still and honor student and starting basketball player has been and will continue to be great. I rate FMU an AMAZING 5!
The fact that there are countless clubs, groups, and opportunities, and that no matter who you are, there are people like you.The teachers are fun. Some of them are brilliant while others are completely self absorbed and condescending. Try to make friends in your department early on so that you know who to take and who to avoid like the plague
It is a HBCU, i gained a lot of information about the school itself and what was offered there and its very welcoming but the campus ground itself isn't up to par
IT HAS IT DAYS, SOMETIMES ITS BORING SOMETIMES ITS REALLY FUN
Start Your Review of Florida Memorial University
NOT THAT MANY PARTIES. IF SO THEY ONLY LAST UNTIL ABOUT 12 AM AND THEN ITS OVER.
OUR CAMPUS HAS NICE PLACES TO STUDY, LOTS OF QUIET PLACES, PROFESSORS ARE AWESOME, AND LOTS OF TUTORING.
ANYONE CAN EXPRESS THEIRSELVES AND WILL NOT BE JUDGED.