Florida Memorial University Reviews

This university sucks there’s people hanging outside the dorms a 12:00 at night. The baseball team sucks and the basketball team sucks so no one goes to the games.
Florida memorial university is a very welcoming place, they take everyone in making them feel like family. The school can improve communications such as getting the information out to the kids in a timely matter.
There are many things that I like about Florida Memorial University , the one thing I dislike about it is the work study part only certain students that do their financial aid first get to do work study on a struggling freshman and have no chance to do it . I like everything else about Florida Memorial University wouldn’t change a thing .
Start Your Review of Florida Memorial University
Overall great teachers and students, just to much of partying then learning students. My grandma went here an I use to go to school with her to witness these things.
I like the events. The students are always doing something. I think the students' voice should be heard more. That is the one aspect that can be improved.
Over the years of attending this university, my experiences were not satisfying for the most part. I majored in Biology and to think you'd have more hands on experiences, it is not like that at all. The class room sizes are small so you get to interact with professors but besides, all they do is read off Power Points the labs do not have equipment's to prepare you for your field. The students at time do not know what is going on especially when it impacts them. Overall I expected to have a better experience at this HBCU. I would not recommend this university.
Florida Memorial University is a very small university. Being a small university is something positive because all the student has the opportunity to know each other. I am an athlete from the university, my sport is volleyball. Being a student-athlete is not easy. We have a heavy schedule of practices and classes. Sometimes we have to miss class because we have games away. One thing that I like about Florida Memorial professor is that they understand and do not penalize you, they support the athletes. Inclusive some of them when is a home game they went to the game to support. Florida Memorial University is a university that not a lot of people know that exists but is great. The only bad thing is the food but any university is perfect.
My school Florida Memorial University the Home of the Lions this University is a small University but we are big in heart and character. Our school always makes sure that the students safety is #1. Our quote "A Promise. A Future" As you sign up to be a student for this university we give you a promise to your future. WE promise that you will have a future. Even if you are struggling at times there are students and professors who are willing to help you get through it all. And the best thing about a small university compare to the big universities staff members and facilities will always have time for our students if their in need for help.
Florida memorial does not give young adults the opportunity to grow into responsible adults . For instance, they do not provide stoves or ovens. These are necessary tools for one to learn to take on more responsibilities, and learn how to take care of them self. Students also do not have the freedom of having the opposite gender in their room. In order to grow, students should be able to make their own decisions. Visitors also are not aloud on campus. But, with all these restrictions it just makes the students feel like kids. This is not helping form smart independent decision makers. When it is time for family to visit, it is just a hassle. If the parents are not there, it makes it impossible.
The University is trying its best to achieve a better reputation. However, the reputation is not as important once you are in the university. They have provided me with the tools necessary to advance in my student life. I have been awarded with scholarships and I can say that this was the right choice for me. The Aviation Department is fantastic and truly cares about the students.
Good university. But too much partying. The professors there know their information and some of them are good at guidance.
Florida Memorial is a great school I’ve just been so stressed regarding my finances it’s been a bit hard to focus and truly enjoy my college experience.
I would like to see that they help more people at home with lack of money and that give them more opportunities and that they are much more organized.
I loved the teacher to student ratio and the diversity of students that attend. The one to one with your counselors is one like no other ! I am excited to be apart of an environment where growth is manifesting.
It is a small school and the teachers help you if help is needed. The accountant program is horrible, they only have one teacher and she is not good at explaining.
Florida Memorial University is a historical school. The National Negro Athem was performed and written here.
Love atmosphere and teachers really care For there students.
I love my HBCU. It is the only Historically Black University in South Florida. The classrooms are not too big which makes learning and grasping most subjects easier. The campus isn't too big therefore you are able to know your schoolmates, faculty and staff more. While every school has it's flaws, it still is a good school!
Start Your Review of Florida Memorial University
Before I decided to come to Florida Memorial University, I was planning on going to Monroe College in New York. There are three reasons why I really wanted to go to Monroe. One, Monroe is a school well known for it's computer engineering studies. Two I'm from the Bahamas so living in New York would allow me to meet new people in a environment that is one of the most diveresed and widely visited places in the world. Three, I've never seen or felt snow before, so that was also a reason for me.
However, I later found out about Florida Memorial's excellent academic reputation and that when you graduate, because you came from an HBCU the drive you have to be more successful is uncomparable. Because Florida Memorial does not have a big campus or classes, its easier to have one on one conversations with your professors that can relate to you and actually know your name and this helps grow your self-esteem and communication skills. On this campus, there is never really a dull moment.
Florida Memorial University has excellent professors and has a very diverse culture due to the diversity of the students and staff.
My experience so far at FMU has been mixed. I like the atmosphere and the professors are really accommodating. The only drawback is there is no FOOTBALL! This would make for more social activities on the campus. It gets boring!