Florida Gulf Coast University Reviews

2,209 reviews
Loved the availability of water sports on campus-zero entry pool or lake. Also having accessible parking garages is a great way to beat the heat. Geographically it is central to so much Florida has to offer. Finally the airport is literally just a few minutes from campus - Everything is right at your finger tips when attending Florida Gulf Coast University!
FGCU has a campus like none other, almost any student you meet will admit that the beautiful construction and connection to nature the school shares (+ the awesome dorms!) were big deciding factors in choosing our lovely school. FGCU feels like a small university with a tight knit community despite it having a steadily increasing amount of students. The professors are all nice and approachable and the students are incredibly friendly. Couldn't have picked a better school.
I love the campus life at Florida Gulf Coast University. Everything is modern and the overall environment is inviting
Start Your Review of Florida Gulf Coast University
I am currently a Junior at FGCU. So far, my college journey has been excellent! My advisors and the majority of the teachers I've had so far have been extremely helpful! They are extremely detailed and I can tell they are passionate about what they do for students.

One area that could use some improvement is the financial aid office. For some reason, it is difficult to get in contact with the office unless one is physically in their office. It is easier to send an email or make a phone call than it is to take a shuttle to the building (in my case). Also, the lines to get a hold of financial aid advisors are extremely long and unorganized.
I like the campus. I feel like FGCU should have better security precautions. Also the campus should build more parking garages or have more parking spaces.
Fantastic new university with faculty who are willing to engage your interests. Though they are already at 15000 students, opportunities still abound at FGCU. Research, from art to service learning to engineering, is encouraged at the university, and professors love to help students get involved. The campus is lovely, and there are a lot of great places around the area to explore or get a job. Southwest Florida itself is growing, so there is a draw to live in the area after you graduate.
Professors here are great. Many of the undergrad students tend to be on the spoiled rich kid side. Administration needs to spend less on sports and more on opening up more class sections. Registration is a nightmare for certain majors. A big pro is its environmental friendliness.
The on-boarding process was not as streamlined for a transfer student as I had hoped. I felt like I did most of the work finding who and where my advisor was. I did like the orientation day and the ease of admittance with that. Afterwards, I found that many of the requirements to begin registration were not communicated effectively with me, and my registration was delayed.
It wasn't all that involved for me. The instructors were too adamant about reminding me and every other student in class that they were only here for the pay grade, nor did they care about if we failed or not.
The in state tuition is so affordable. I am so happy I moved in time to get my year of residency! I will be one of the few that graduate with minimal debt. Unfortunately my classes were not challenging for me. Perhaps I am smarter than I think, but I have not bought any of my books, take minimal notes and still ace my exams. I wish I was learning more.
Upon first attending college at Florida Gulf Coast University, I had preconcieved notions that the school would feel too "local" or that I would not feel like I had left home at all since I am from the area. Once I became integrated into campus life and student activities, I felt a completely different aura, as though I were miles away from home.
It was amazing! The campus is so beautiful and everyone is so nice and has a smile on their face! This was my first choice and I never had a second thought.
Nice small university for students who want a more personal learning experience compared to large universities in metropolitan areas. In warm southwest Florida near the Gulf of Mexico. Still relatively new and small so selection of majors and courses are limited, along with lacking a football team. Prides itself in environmental sustainability.
Very warm and welcoming environment! Academics, athletics, and everything about this school go above and beyond the average college expectations.
The facilities are modern and very clean, and I absolutely adore most of the professors. The ones I've had the pleasure to meet are extremely interested in the success of their students. There are many opportunities to succeed through internships, and
volunteering work. However, as many college students, I wish that obtaining a college education was less financially stressful.
What I have experienced at Florida Gulf Coast University is by far one of the best universities of all time. From the time I took my tour, my acceptance letter, orientation, and my 3 years at this university. I am more then proud that I attend this university and I chose to become an eagle.
This school has many great programs and professors. However, it seems the bad professors and great professors equal each other out making this school just average. It is a smaller school so some of your classes will only be taught by one professor, which can be good or bad. You can build a relationship with that professor or that professor can be really difficult and you have them for that class or maybe many other classes.
Start Your Review of Florida Gulf Coast University
The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to ensure you're getting the most of your education and achieving your goals. Some professors are stuck in the past and don't post information on Canvas, but most do!
Great school. Currently attending for my Bachelor in Management. The campus is beautiful, and student life is great. Had a very good experience with their Career Development services, which does a great job with student job placement after college
Love the school. Awesome teachers, involved students, typical college lifestyle. If you love the beach its located right on the water.