Florida Gulf Coast University Reviews

2,269 reviews
Very nice school, too far from home for me, but overall I loved it. good teachers, clean, nice to live in and look at, not too expensive. Wish I could stay
The Financial aid office is horrible!Bunch of unprofessionals!Did all we had 2 do in regards to paper work, they misplaced them or just felt lazy to search for them, they requested again, submitted THEM AGAIN,they ask for them again right b4 school STARTED.Faxed them,called to make sure they got them,they said they did and it was processing, 2 days later they requested AGAIN,sent it AGAIN!Result :Financial Aid didn't kick in on time,my daughter was withdrawn from her classes,had to pay 3050$ all at once for d 1rst semester + 200$ LATE FEE!SUCH A SHAME THIS IS A GOVERNMENT UNIVERSITY!IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY, NEVER ABOUT GETTING EDUCATED!SHAME SHAME! Ah, it didn't stop there.When paying, had to b there personally to write a check or use my card. Mind me, that I live 2 1/2 way!Tried to make transfer to my daughter's bank, she could only withdraw 1500$a day.She missed 4 classes, no credit for that and on top, 200$Fee. F GRADE PROFESSIONALS! WATCH OUT!
My time in college has enriched my life in many ways. It has provided me with the necessary tools to enhance my skills more, taught me valuable knowledge about this diverse world and people and concepts in general and eventually will enable me to hopefully become more successful in life when I finally graduate and get my degree. It also has stressed to me the importance of thinking critically and asking questions in many situations. All these aspects of college have also made me more well-rounded as a person. It has been easier for me to achieve these opportunities than if I lived in some other countries, especially third-world ones. These experiences are truly irreplaceable and I would not trade them for anything.
Start Your Review of Florida Gulf Coast University
I was a transfer last year and was nervous about going to a bigger and newer school in a new state. I felt very comfortable here and welcomed. Teachers are amazing, I've only experienced one that I didn't care for. Campus is gorgeous and lots of different opportunities to explore.
After a year of living here and going to school here, I haven't gotten tired of waking up for class. Living here is a relaxed work day with the sun and how beautiful the campus is. The academics are amazing, very reliable teachers and student-teacher relations are great!
I was very hesitant to begin my college career at FGCU. I did not want to attend a university that was virtually in my backyard, because I live in Cape Coral. After touring the campus and realizing the potential I had to thrive, I decided to dive right in. My four years at FGCU have been nothing short of incredible. I have had many opportunities that have helped me to excel in my degree. The faculty have all been very supportive and I love the classroom sizes. There is always a chance to have a one on one conversation with professors or stay after class to receive the help you need. FGCU is also very community based so it's nice to have the support of our local community whether it be music, the arts, sports or academia.
Other than the fact that it lacks diversity this school is absolutely amazing and I recommend more people to cone here if they can.
I liked how FGCU was very close to nature. Since my interests were in the natural environment and studying it, having the subject of my study a short walk from my dorm room was encouraging. It is unfortunate that the presence of the university has led to the development of the very natural environment that brought me to study there in the first place.
I really like that FGCU is very environmentally friendly. The area it is located in is very nice. There are plenty of store and places to go in the city. I like that there are shuttles to take students back and forth from campus to housing. I really like going to the library. I feel like that is the only place i get my work done. Also at the library they have a lot of resources and people that can help you with whatever you need. I have gone to the library to get tutoring too. There are a lot of clubs and activities to get involve in. There are also a lot of options for dinning.
My one year at FGCU has been great. It's not an FSU or UCF but it has a lot of things to do regardless. Classes are great because usually it's real centered and you can easily talk to your professors. And most of the time they really care and want you to pass. The campus is beautiful, despite your occasional alligator walking around or possum digging through the trash, the campus is stunning. There isn't that much diversity but they make it work. Going out is fun but can get repetitive sometimes considering we use the same 2 bars on repeat. But overall it's a very good school.
FGCU is a great school that is amazing for the education, science and management fields. It is a medium size school with a large school feeling. Students are incredibly involved within the resident student organizations (RSO's) and the community of southwest and south Florida. Being in the music program that is quite small at a school that has much larger programs within the institution is amazing because there is no competition for spots and the teacher student ratio is very small and intimate. Really getting to know everyone in the program allows for networking in the future and creating these relationships early on in a career develops social skills as well. Over all this school is amazing for those wanting a large school feeling with getting a personalized education experience as well.
FGCU is a lovely school to attend because of it's connection to nature. The campus is within a forest and many trails are offered around the school to take a hike and refresh your brain. There are people to make friends with for any type of person and most people will greet you with friendliness as you walk by. Many (actually) fun events are held on campus to excite students about getting involved including (my favorite) open mic hosted by Music Club at least two Wednesdays a month. Guest visits are frequently made by artists, scientists, and professionals of all interests to give public talks which are always very exciting.
Great environment with a beautiful campus. FGCU has recently celebrated its 20th anniversary along with its students. Although a fairly new school, FGCU incorporates new and improved teaching methods and a vast array of resources for students and faculty.
If you are looking for a state school with the feel of a small private school FGCU is for you! Classes are small which makes accessing your professor MUCH easier. Many take our greek life for granted since we do not have houses, but this makes it more affordable and accessible. Go Greek! The campus is in Estero which is minutes away from the gorgeous beaches of Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, Naples, Sanibel, and Marco Island.
the campus is beautiful, and they make it a point to be eco friendly since it was built on land with a wide variety of wildlife. I also like the advisors, they've been really helpful with putting me in the right direction.
The campus is very beautiful and well-maintained. The professors are knowledgeable and are willing to help students understand the course material.
Florida Gulf Coast University offers a quality education in a beautiful location. The local town center has a variety of stores, restaurants, and nightlife. Dorm rooms and campus housing offer privacy and an inclusive environment. While this may not be a football college, it is home to an awesome basketball and hockey team! FGCU is dedicated to creating a safe environment for all students. Everyone can download a guardian eagle app and there are multiple emergency safe buttons around campus. Although the there are a variety of clubs and activities students can engage in, you must be willing to put yourself out there to get involved. But don’t worry, there is a place for everyone!
Start Your Review of Florida Gulf Coast University
A great school with a beautiful campus. The professors were friendly and engaging. I learned a lot and got involved in campus rec. it really made college enjoyable with the fun community of positive people who are always there for you. And to at the same time have a good flexible job that pays well for students.
Florida Gulf Coast is a great school for an affordable price with room for growth. I feel this school, still being barely new, has yet to reach its full potential. It is a smaller school in the middle of a family town which can sometimes take away from the "college experience."
I think it is a great school because the classes are small and the teachers are pretty decent. The overall area it’s in is growing and only going to get bigger and better.