Florida Atlantic University Reviews

3,974 reviews
So far my college experience has been what I expected it to be entering college the teacher do not always care if you come to class or not but it is best to go. the best way to make friends is to join clubs not just because people tell you to but because you actually want to be in it. college is about growing up and finding yourself. so far that is what I have been learning at fau how to find who I am
I am going in as a freshman and the school has been very helpful in getting me through registration. On top of that the campus is beautiful and the students are friendly. I have already become involved in the Spirit Squad which has given me help knowing the do's and dont's.
The overall quality of education is high, but there are some professors who are very poor teachers and have unfair and unreasonable expectations of students. Additionally, the administration and organization of the school can be disorganized at times, perhaps due to the school growing faster than it can handle.
Review Florida Atlantic University
Overall FAU has been a decent experience. However, while there have been positives, there have also been negatives. I enjoyed most of the classes offered, but this is definitely a "teach yourself university" in many cases. Also, because as a freshman I was incorrectly told to take a class that I didn't need and therefore did not pass, it set me back from graduating and I had to pay for the class TWICE. There were some very good and helpful professors though, and many classes I found quite interesting. Overall, FAU is a good school and for the most part, I enjoyed my time there.
Decent school, mostly a commuter school so it isn't like most other big universities. Hard to find parking spots and dorms are decent better than what someone would expect living in a dorm.
I am in love with the FAU campus. Everyone is extremely welcoming and it honestly feels peaceful and like home. I would not want to be any other place and they offer a great business program for my major! I would highly recommend.
Florida atlantic university is a great school, filled with diversity, teachers that care and want you to succeed, and lots of activities to participate in.
Overall, my experience at Florida Atlantic University has been great! The faculty is super knowledgeable and helpful. Classes are interesting and fair. The only complaint I have is parking. Depending on the time of day, parking can be hard to come by.
FAU is a opportunist school, filled with vast options for students of all types. There is alwasy something new going on everyday throughout its tropical campus. Facilites are modern and up-to-date, and most students seem rather friendly and independent in pursuing their college degree. Only downside to FAU is its difficulty in parking. Other than that, I would reccomend FAU to anyone with a major that is offered at this fine establihsment.
I have been going to school here for 3 years and what i come to love is the scenery around campus. They are in remote places, where quiet reigns and the peace is incredible. The food is alright, many options, different locations. The student life is not all it is cut out to be. Unless involved in sports, clubs, sororities/fraternities, or living on campus, you will not know what is going on. i have discovered events because i am on my way to class or i overhear classmates talking. People stick to themselves and not alot of school spirit. On the academic side, it is great. Diversity in classes, teacher, and class time.
My experience with FAU has been great. The faculty and staff are very willing to help. You have professor that care and want to help you succeed. As an example with undergraduate research and the like.
I have enjoyed my experience at FAU so far. Its a comfortable campus with ample opportunities for extracurricular activities. The professors and advisers are caring and want you to succeed. If I had a chance to re-pick a university, I would still choose FAU.
Overall, FAU has great facilities and faculty, you just have to involve yourself and find the opportunities you need to success. The only downside I can think of as a srudent is the fact that a lot of upper division courses for biology are not offered on the main Boca campus, and you must commute to Davie or Jupiter. FAU has great programs, you just have to take advantage of them and find whats best for you.
Florida Atlantic University is located in the Heart of Boca Raton. It is a large and beautiful accessible college. So many events, sports teams, clubs and cozy places to study!
If you want to go to school with modern amenities and a family feel then FAU is for you. The campus is very green and makes you feel like you are not in school.
It is a nice school. The students seem to love the school and the events that take place such as the football games. Also this school offers a lot of ways to get involved on campus.
I love everything about FAU. From the beach, the faculty, and the atmosphere. No matter what there's always something to get involved into and its just somewhere i love being!
Review Florida Atlantic University
It is a nice and big school. The students seem to love the school and the events that take place in the school like the football games and the celebration of different events.
As a freshman here at FAU, I have had a great experience so far. The overall atmosphere on campus is great.
Florida Atlantic University is a great university. There are ample opportunities to become involved such as, Greek life, student government, sports, and plenty of clubs. The dorm life is fun and interesting. Parking can be a hassle and the cafeteria food isn't very desirable.