Florida Atlantic University Reviews

4,086 reviews
I am so proud to go to Florida Atlantic University. This university has given me so many opportunities that I never had in my previous schools!
I like how the university is diverse. The campus is very clean. I’m a commuter and it’s not far drive. I’ve met nice people at the school. What really helped is that my cousins went to school there.
Florida Atlantic University was a great school! I learned a lot from the professors here and they are very eager to assist their students. Some programs, like mine, even offer internship opportunities, which will help them get a job in the future. However, if you want a "college experience" (meaning dorm life, greek life, etc) I would not suggest FAU as it is mostly a commuters college and most of the students just come here to take classes.
Start Your Review of Florida Atlantic University
I love that it's in a good city, a lot of things to do in that area! Campus isn't too big nor small. Overall I'd give a B :)
I graduated from FAU with a bachelor's in Social Work. The degree itself was very easy, however I found that it wasn't for me. I did enjoy my time at FAU, with all the teachers and advisement office being very helpful. I plan on returning to complete a second bachelor's.
I earned my bachelors in education at FAU, and then went on to get my master’s in education. The Boca campus has recently undergone considerable renovations, and areas have been repainted. I like that the campus is kept clean and it feels safe to be there. There are many unique places on campus to experience, including nature trails, a living room theater, a pub (The Burrow), several art galleries, a graduate lounge in the library, a gym with classes and a swimming pool, and a football stadium. There are also many clubs to join, events to attend, and opportunities to socialize. While the university is big enough to have plenty to do, it is small enough to be friendly. The Boca campus is close to the beach and to a shopping Mall. It has a sense of community.
I went to FAU for three years and graduated as an English Student. I learned an incredible amount and really value the education I recieved from my Professors. The atmostphere is very dependent on the fact that FAU is located in Boaca Raton, Fl, and the overall sense of school is somewhat laid back. Although the professors and counselors are very helpful and constantly supporting you, I feel like certain degrees achieved at FAU may best be suited for Florida and others are best sought elsewhere.
One of my favorite things about FAU is the kind professors who are willing to do anything the help out their students who might be struggling. As long as you're willing to ask for help they are willing to give it to you. FAU has a diverse student body who belong to lots of different social groups and additionally the school has a nice sized campus that gives the big college feel without being too overwhelming. The negative aspects however include not too much food variety and sometime lacking help from the advising department, particularly in the college of science but other departments seem to be more helpful than others.
I love the Davie Campus because it is closer to where I live. But I wish they offered more literature classes there!
Students life is very diverse, many clubs to get involved in, and even more assistance with studying for classes. Overall epitome of academia
great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school great school
Florida Atlantic University has much diversity and a variety of individuals to become friendly with. The housing is beautiful, although a majority of students choose to commute. It is a beautiful campus with an immense amount of activities to keep you busy in your area such as: shopping, restaurants, the beach, etc.
Awesome, FAU is a way to go. Everyone is friendly, you can actually work with the professors, resources are endless...
Florida Atlantic university is an amazing school. Great campus, great teachers, overall school expirence was great. Only thing to change is probably to update dorms.
There is NOTHING to do on campus at night you have to go to the bars and if you don’t have a fake ID or don’t know anyone with a car then you’re screwed... this is 100% NOT a party school
FAU has been a pretty great school. The educators are very passionate about what they teach and are pretty helpful considering the size of most classes. I do wish that they had more options when it came to elective classes. Otherwise my experience at FAU so far has been great.
The campus is located in Boca Raton, Florida. It is close to shopping, restaurants and the beach. Trirail station is close by and a bus will bring you to campus from the station. Lots to do on campus...fitness center is good. I’m in dorm and the facilities are descent. Laundry is free and accessible in the dorms. I purchased a meal plan and eat at the cafeteria. Food is okay...lots of choices. The overall campus is clean and classes are easy to get to.
Start Your Review of Florida Atlantic University
It is a great school! The campus is very clean and it is a perfect size for walking distance. The classes are wonderful and seeing one's adviser is very simple! The are of Boca Raton is very beautiful and high end, not to mention, only 10 minutes from the beach which is very convenient.
My first year was a success. Met some great people and had a lot of great classes. Looking forward to the rest of my college career.
My overall experience at FAU is just very average. It is a commuter campus so if you don't push yourself to meet people you really wont. The location near the school is alright. Not really a college town. Love the course options they have. For a small-medium sized school there's so many options to choose from. Wish the school was more into sports but it's getting there.