Florida Atlantic University is ...
NCAA Division I-FBS
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.285 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.289 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.289 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities704 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies392 Graduates
Business Administration and Management258 Graduates
Elementary Education203 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science200 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 173 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.340 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.414 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 198 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.191 responses
Colleges like Florida Atlantic University
- B+Palm Beach Atlantic University
- 4 Year
- West Palm Beach, FL
- 885 reviews
- A-Nova Southeastern University
- 4 Year
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- 1,516 reviews
- A-Florida International University
- 4 Year
- Miami, FL
- 6,032 reviews
- CPalm Beach State College
- 4 Year
- Lake Worth, FL
- 2,618 reviews
Florida Atlantic University Reviews
Review Florida Atlantic University
I was pleasantly surprised with this university. I still haven't encountered the parking issues everyone complains about and I've been here for over a year. Awesome gym, decent food court, good study areas, beautiful campus and interesting research opportunities!
I attended as dual enrollment during high school- which means you have to go in evening (adjunct professors who teach entry level evening classes are a mixed bag). One class was exciting and well taught whereas the other the teacher informed us he would rather not be there, and was extremely sarcastic and rude to anyone who asked a question. I have heard they are working to improve their undergraduate programs, but as of now it is still pretty much a commuter college that needs to keep improving!
I currently attend Florida Atlantic University and I must say it is a big surprise from what I expected! The school is very diverse and there is always something to do meaning beer is always clubs, activities and even games that you can attend. The academics are good overall but just says all schools you should be Setting out extra time in order to study and to be focused and figure out what exactly that you want to do because I know a lot of kids in college have an idea at first but then decide on switching maybe after the second year. There is always upperclassman who can help guide you in terms of degrees and their experience with the type of professors here. Overall, it's a great school to attend I'm glad I came.