Florida A&M University Reviews

2,248 reviews
My experience at FAMU has been great so far. The networking and learning environment have been exceptional. I've grown educationally and spiritually. The people I have met have been great friends and colleagues.
I love this school! It is s fantastic school! I pray to God everyday that I am blessed to be able to attend this university!
This university is meant to provide a unique experience that cannot be found anywhere else. The experince that comes with attending an HBCU can't be replicated and includes a lifetime welcome into a family. The faculty are your friends and the campus exudes friendliness that I have not felt anywhere else in a school environment. Once accepted here, you are accepted into a world that strives and encourages success for all, and the attidue of all for one and one for all can be found living here.
Review Florida A&M University
Being a student at Florida Agriculture and Mechanical University is a great experience. I realized that even though there's thousands of students that attend the staff and professors care about each and everyone of us. They will work and help you in any way they possibly can. I will continue to attend this college until I finish my degree.
the #1 HBCU in America! if you are a diverse student then FAMU is definitely the school for you. The professors and faculty are amazing and well-spirited
One thing i certainly like abou famu is the overall student life experience when you attend this school you feel at home because of all the rattler snake logos around the school and students may assimilate very well. The atmosphere is quite lively and it feels as though you are in college and not just another ordinary institution. As far things that can change is campus food i feel as though that should change because there are many students at this school and all of them get hungry at the same time and it is difficult to feed all of those students in a orderly fashion.
I would love for FAMU to be put o the map so they can receive the much needed improvements they deserve.
I love it ! I love the HBCU, I experience that I have here, is unlike any other. The professors can be a little tough, but it is worth it. Transportation could be a little rough, but the thought of being around other educated individuals that look like you, is very reassuring.
Florida A&M University is a very cultured university. The professors put the students first and continue to motivate student to matriculate in their studies. It's amazing to see many African-American students striving for greatness. The university prepares students for the real world. Campus life is amazing. There are many clubs and organizations to be apart of.
What I like about Florida A&M University is that there is a lot of diversity on campus, seminars that give you information on your major, and different extracurricular activities as well as educational opportunity. What I do not like about Florida A&M University is that some departments at FAMU take a while to respond to phone calls or emails, some departments are very difficult to deal with, and some of the staff working at the institution can be very rude.
It's has not been an easy journey. Some semesters are harder than others especially when it comes to paying for classes and books.... I can say that the stuff and professors are great; and it's is a pleasure to work with the professors. They go up and beyond to help you through your program. I am glad to be apart of the Social Work Program at Florida A&M😊
I love Florida A&M University! I was very skeptical about attending here, but I did my research and asked current students about their experiences and opinions. People have a lot to say about this university, but unless they attend/have attended, do not listen to them. There are SO many opportunities here, for those who seek them out and are willing to do the work to achieve them. Just like any other university, there are people who should be here and people who should not. Remember why your are in school and what you want to achieve. Don't wait until you fail a class or your GPA drops, before you buckle down. Hit the ground running from the minute you get here and you will be successful. So many people here want you to succeed, but you have to want it as well.
I Love FAMU.... What more can I say College of love and charity
We gather ‘round thy noble shrine;
We lift our voice in praise to thee,
And ask a blessing all divine.

(Chorus)
FAM-U! FAM-U! I love thee
I’ll fight and win what’er the battle be
The Orange and the Green thy Sons shall e’er defend
And loyal to thy voice of love attend
FAM-U! FAM-U! FAM-U! I love thee!
FAMU is a great place to come, everybody here is extremely friendly and the professors realty care about you, your experience and most importantly the knowledge you retain. The school is full of culture and diversity and it's really the college of love and charity. You will grow to love and take much pride in your school. It's important to not lose focus of what's important because sometimes there is so much going on and you can't always be on the scene.
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University is a school based around student life and academics. I do believe that FAMU has been wrongly labeled as a party school because of its focus on student life and social activities. FAMU cares for its students in ways no universities can relate too. My experience so far has been a pleasant one and I'm glad I came here to pursue my Pharm.D. Being at FAMU readies a student for the real world like no other school can. They begin to teach students about how important connections are, not only in college but in the working world. The most important concept that the staff of FAMU tries to relay to their students, is to never forget who helped you along the way and when you get the chance, reach back and help those who once helped you. I would without a doubt recommend Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University to anyone searching for a university to pursue an education at, as well as to call home.
I absolutely love the family atmosphere here (we call it a FAMUly). Everyone is so connected and there are a billion ways to get involved on campus.
Campus is full of suprises academically and socially opportunities are limitless. With hard work and dedication success is attainable.
Review Florida A&M University
I love the school. The environment there is just so different compared to most HBCU's. I really am going to enjoy it over there
The campus was very nice but the freshman dorms were really small. The designated undergraduate programs excelled very well. Would like to see bigger freshman dorms.
The atmosphere is amazing. Everyone is friendly and helpful. One semester at an HBCU truly changes your views on life and helps you grow.