Florida A&M University Reviews

2,273 reviews
I am a first year business student at FAMU considering other students to apply here for educational purposes. For students thats trying to find a not so expensive but fair tuition fee; this is the best school. Not only its a reasonable price they also provide you with a fair amount of cost for in state and out of state. FAMU is a historically black college that presents activities to be involved with and a lot of encouragement. The things that can be improved about the University is the housing buildings ,more parking, restaurants , and overall cleanliness.
My experience at Florida A&M University has been great so far as a freshman. Ther are so many things that can be improved, but overall it's a great school.
The student life is amazing because the clubs and organizations offer so many events and opportunities to the students. Even though its a historically black university it still is very diverse. Diverse in a good way where you meet all kinds of people. The campus is very clean but some of the buildings are really old and need some touching up. There aren't as many food options on campus as I expected. There should definitely be some more. The school spirit here is absolutely amazing. The home games are always fun and active. So if you're looking for a school where the campus is a decent size, not too big, vibrant, and many clubs and activities this is the school for you.
I liked the atmosphere on a social level. The implied aspect about academe here is that it's about "who knows you". If you want anything done you have to be in "kahoots" with staff and/or faculty.
Start Your Review of Florida A&M University
Florida A&M University is a place for students to make connections. Here you know your professors are going to be honest and open with you.You know your advisors will help you.The students have so much school spirit is amazing.Overall its the best place to be.It has its ups and down but it is all worth it.
Florida feels like the best university in the world. I love the awesome opportunities and history of this school. The only thing that I would like to see change would be better insect control.
I went on a college tour to FAMU and it was pretty exciting. The tour guide was seemed like he was into what he was talking about and he made sure to engage us with conversations. We went through the museum to learn more about the history of FAMU, saw murals that were painted on walls, and got to know what life was like on campus. FAMU had such a beautiful campus and it was very welcoming.
Florida A&M University is a diverse school with students and professors from all around the world. They also have a great business program that gets you ready for the business world!
I been at FAMU for my undergrad and now as a pharmacy student. Undergrad was a great experience coming in as a freshman. Only wish that they have better professor for major courses in the biology and chemistry field because medical science is not easy. One thing I hate about FAMU is there ability to disburse student financial aid!!! I don't understand why at a huge institution like this takes nearly a decade to receive funding.
While FAMU lacks in the administration side and educational side of things, FAMU has a way of teaching you how to grow up and get things on your own. The fact that FAMU has poor student service , students are forced to take whats theirs by any means necessary.
The diversity of culture is very present in the college, which makes the student life much comforting. People are able to interact with each other,and contribute towards each other's education respectively.
The Professors are very good and help you achieve your goals as a college student pursuing higher heights.
Florida A&M University has so far provided with the tools to succeed in my career but can sometimes be very slow with their admissions and financial aid department
What stays on mind is that I have made it through high school, I have risen above obstacles and I have gotten myself accepted into college. I know that most people will try to so hard to appear perfect in order to fit in and be accepted. But nobody is perfect. What I like is that they are very helpful and they made me feel at home. I was made to feel and to realize, that I am the master of my own destiny and I have gotten myself to this place and it is me that will get myself to where I want and need to go.
Florida A&M is a home away from home. The experience is indescribable. It creates a good social environment while also giving students a great education.
Florida A&M University, is one of the best HBCU's in the world. FAMU's Music Department is even better. The school offers music theory, music education ( instrumental and vocal ), Music therapy, music industry, and so much more.
My undergraduate experience at FAMU was one of the most exciting and spiritually liberating experiences. I made connections with students, professors, and professionals that modeled myself, phenotypically, mentally, and spiritually, I would like to have seen more student interactions via events sponsored by administration. However, I wouldn't change my experience for nothing.
i don't go to Florida a&m university just yet I'm going in the spring but when my brother was going there and i would visit him i loved it and couldn't wait till i graduated to go, they have really nice people, great food! good environment its different types of races people from all over the world and there so n ice the professors are great! they really help you with whatever you may need. the dorms are nice and comfortable. the parties are crazzyyy! and they seem like its so much fun, i cant wait to go in the spring.
Attending Florida A&M University has been a life-changing experience. I am excited for the many years to come.
Start Your Review of Florida A&M University
I really love the friendly, loving and caring environment. Everyone is so willing to help and I really feel that they want me to succeed. The only thing I would change is, I would like to have a bigger dorm room.
I overall have nothing but good experiences thus far while attending Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University. Everyone is friendly and open, from the students, to the professors and all other staff as well. The campus is a decent enough size where you can walk anywhere in less than fifteen minutes. Overall it has two thumbs up from me.
I only did college visit will be attend the school in August. It is best school for the money and locate is this perfect place.