High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.155 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.169 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.168 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities365 Graduates
Health Service Preparatory Studies161 Graduates
Business Administration and Management110 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies102 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services67 Graduates
Health Care Management53 Graduates
Political Science and Government51 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.195 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.222 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 103 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.91 responses
Florida A&M University Reviews
Today I had the most wonderful opportunity to explore and be part of a college tour of Florida A&M University. I am currently trying very hard to get into a college that I have full interest in. Today was very beneficial and awesome because this tour made it clear that I NEED to be in this school. Flordia A&M University is one of the colleges I have complete total interest in. I really did enjoy being on campus today, I just honestly loved it! My residence is in Georgia, so this scholarship will really help me out with the cost of attendance to this school. It will be a blessing for to have help with the pay.
I love my HBCU! With FAMU comes great opportunities and long lasting friendships. The teachers show a lot of love and support, they don’t look at you as a number, they look at you as family helping family! One thing I would change about Famu is the rule of “Freshman’s not allowed to have cars” I believe that is unfair due to the fact that student students come from all over and a car is their only source of transportation to and from where they live. Allowing them to have a car for the first year would only give them the opportunity to get to and from home and also to and from a variety of attractions and destinations here in Tallahassee.
As a junior at Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, I can say that my experience at this University was a life - changing experience due to the fact that I was introduced because I went to predominantly European American schools yet, I was welcomed in a way that I was surrounded by students that looked like me. My experience at this fine HBCU (Historically Black College/University) is one that I can say that I'm happy to be an individual that is African American. I like that Florida A&M University stays true and sustains its traditions of African culture and influences, but also opens its arms to students that are not African American. I like how Florida A&M University is being acknowledged and appreciated by outside ethnic groups of students. I would like to see facility and parking services change at this University so that students would have an even more comfortable journey into being a part of such a great academic experience.