Fitchburg State University Reviews

My experience at FSU has been a rocky road but I've gotten through it and will continue to. Majority of the professors I have had were very helpful when it came to understanding the work, criteria, and curriculum. The activities and events were planned well and were great, especially for those who were new. The workers on campus, including tour guides, orientation leaders, office employees, etc were helpful as well.
The hygiene at Russell Towers is a joke. There would be hair in the shower stalls and the bathtubs have dirt in them. People leave their personal dishes in the sinks and the faucets would be dirty sometimes; some people don't even flush the toilets after they use them. The kitchen in Russell Towers would be sometimes from the other students leaving scraps and trash in there; the vending machines sometimes don't work in Russell. The B elevator in Russell is broken sometimes. The wifi at Fitchburg State breaks down 70% of the time. The food at the dining hall is okay overall. My favorite food there is the breakfast stuff really. What I don't like about the dining hall is the fact that the pizza is burnt most of the time, depending who cooks. During warm or hot weather there would be flies flying around the desserts and even at the tables. We also can't food out, which is stupid.
The education is great! The classroom ratio with students and teachers is a great learning envroinment not too overwhelming. the university has a great evroniment and friendly students as well as the staff.
Start Your Review of Fitchburg State University
The overall experience is good. The professors are compatible and good teachers, they care about the students wellbeing and they will do what it take to prepare the students
Fitchburg is great academically, however, the area is really rough. I'd like to see the area surrounding the school be cleaned up. This is slowly happening, but it will take some time before FSU totally transforms that area....although it's well on its way.
Great school. Lots of diversity. Very LGBT friendly. Great selection of clubs/organizations. There's always something to do during weekdays, however, there isn't much on weekends since many people go home. Absolutely love this school though.
I love the small campus at Fitchburg State University, and I enjoy having a tighter knit community to be able to be closer connected with professors.
The campus is very nice. Everything is centrally located. The school is located in a tough area. I am getting a great education.
I am getting a masters and it is a great school. It's cheap, but it still offers so many opportunities. The professors are great and the staff is friendly.
I really like the small community here, I feel like I always see a familiar face. The professors are very professional and unbiased. The main thing I would change about this school is the dining hall hours are very inconvenient.
The smaller Massachusetts State University has allowed me to flourish as a student thanks to help from tutors and teachers that are easily accessible. I also like that I am noticed in class. At big schools, it's easy to get intimidated by the numerous students in a lecture hall.
I play basketball and live on campus. I love the campus and living there is so much fun. The education level is difficult, but very good and I have already learned so much.
I liked the academics, some professors are better than others. It is easily to get involved and there are many options. Dining hall can be improved.
As a transfer student Fitchburg gives many opportunities to catch up on my classes and offers a variety of online classes too which are perfect for me as a commuter.
I like how everyone is always willing to help. It is a good learning environment. There are a lot of resources that can be helpful during college and also preparing for the future. I would like to see that they have more clubs and activities on campus.
I would not recommend Fitchburg at all. For one, it is a suitcase campus so everyone goes home on the weekends, so forget about having fun then. The parties are okay but even then the majority of them are Greek Life only. Academics are just okay. Dining sucks and their hours are awful especially on the weekends. As for dorms, Herlihy and Russell are where you will most likely end up as freshmen, and it is awful. So noisy despite quiet hours; I cannot count the times it has been 2am and someone has been screaming down the hall and no one does anything. Toilets are usually broken, there are pee stains and weeks' worth of hair in the shower, and the stalls have pads or tampons (sometimes wrappers, sometimes used pads and tampons) for the girls' bathroom and poop with pee stains in the guys'. The area around it is boring even if you have a car. I would not advise you to walk off campus (whether you are a male or female). The professors are the only good part of this school.
the kind, positive, ''family like'', warming feeling i get when i walk on campus is my favorite. I enjoy the helpful/caring staff and faculty . they fully want you to succeed and allow you to see all the tools that will most definitely help you. the food is also terrific and is a buffet style which is awesome!
Start Your Review of Fitchburg State University
I love the quality of the academics for the price, I wish the school would invest more in what the students want and pay more attention to them by giving them things to do, more activities and places for students to go to
The school is great, it has a lot of great resources to help you depending on which career path you choose to take. The professors i have had so far are amazing, they really help and make sure you understand what goes on. There is so much diversity on campus and I just love it, you would definitely a group of friends to talk to or at lest hang around with. There's so many clubs and
great opportunities on campus so make good use of it while you can.
Fitchburg State University is truly a home away from home. People on campus are so friendly and make you feel welcome. Professors and staff are there to help. Each student is driven to be the best that they can be. It's the best environment I've ever been in for a campus.