Fitchburg State University Reviews

As a transfer student Fitchburg gives many opportunities to catch up on my classes and offers a variety of online classes too which are perfect for me as a commuter.
I like how everyone is always willing to help. It is a good learning environment. There are a lot of resources that can be helpful during college and also preparing for the future. I would like to see that they have more clubs and activities on campus.
I would not recommend Fitchburg at all. For one, it is a suitcase campus so everyone goes home on the weekends, so forget about having fun then. The parties are okay but even then the majority of them are Greek Life only. Academics are just okay. Dining sucks and their hours are awful especially on the weekends. As for dorms, Herlihy and Russell are where you will most likely end up as freshmen, and it is awful. So noisy despite quiet hours; I cannot count the times it has been 2am and someone has been screaming down the hall and no one does anything. Toilets are usually broken, there are pee stains and weeks' worth of hair in the shower, and the stalls have pads or tampons (sometimes wrappers, sometimes used pads and tampons) for the girls' bathroom and poop with pee stains in the guys'. The area around it is boring even if you have a car. I would not advise you to walk off campus (whether you are a male or female). The professors are the only good part of this school.
Start Your Review of Fitchburg State University
the kind, positive, ''family like'', warming feeling i get when i walk on campus is my favorite. I enjoy the helpful/caring staff and faculty . they fully want you to succeed and allow you to see all the tools that will most definitely help you. the food is also terrific and is a buffet style which is awesome!
I love the quality of the academics for the price, I wish the school would invest more in what the students want and pay more attention to them by giving them things to do, more activities and places for students to go to
The school is great, it has a lot of great resources to help you depending on which career path you choose to take. The professors i have had so far are amazing, they really help and make sure you understand what goes on. There is so much diversity on campus and I just love it, you would definitely a group of friends to talk to or at lest hang around with. There's so many clubs and
great opportunities on campus so make good use of it while you can.
Fitchburg State University is truly a home away from home. People on campus are so friendly and make you feel welcome. Professors and staff are there to help. Each student is driven to be the best that they can be. It's the best environment I've ever been in for a campus.
Fitchburg State University has the perfect smaller "high school"vibe, where you can walk down the street and know everyone you pass, but also are exposed to so many different cultures. The classes are amazing and you really get the same education as a more expensive institution, but in budget.
I really enjoy this school and living on campus, everything is close by and is not hectic while trying to reach classes.
I like the size of the college. I come from a small town and I am very comfortable here. The students are very friendly.
What I like most about Fitchburg is the diversity of the student body. It's important to get out there and get involved as much as possible and meet new people. I am in the ROTC program at Fitchburg so it has led me to meet all new people and professors and given me the best experiences so far.
The school is small which is a good fit for me as I come from a small town. Students are very friendly. Quiet & clean campus
Great University. Online classes are well organized, I learned a lot so far. Only thing I have to complain about is that they recently raised the tuition fee.
Overall it is a really nice campus and so far most of the teachers I have had are very passionate about their work and helpful to their students. Other than the freshman dorms most of the residence halls are actually quite nice. one thing I'd really like to see change however is the food most of the time it's either a hit or a miss and the hours on the weekends for the dining hall are really inconvienent.
My first time being at Fitchburg state was for a party but being there i seen how beautiful the campus was , i got a good look at Fitchburgs library the tall glass windows and the whole room filled with books and the handful of people on the computers doing research. It made me feel like i wanted to go to college and be one of those people to turn down a night of partying to finish up homework in the library because my dorm is just "to quiet", i also got to witness how everyone interacted with eachother, it was legit all love and support, the party was a "rep your flag" event where we all bring a flag from where ever we came from and we represent it for the night and i think that made Fitchburg stand out to me because it helped to open my eyes and see the diversity in the school. The thought that we all come from different paths of life and we all made it here to celebrate
I loved all the friends I made my first year of college. It was perfect only the dining hall food has to be better.
I like that it is a small university and friends can be made easily since you see them often. They also have lots of activities that we can get involved with. One thing I would change would be the food in the cafeteria.
Start Your Review of Fitchburg State University
My experience at Fitchburg State has really opened my eyes to the world and all the different things there are to offer and all of the different people I can meet. College has made me more mature and responsible and I feel like I have become more of a man since I came here.
Fitchburg State is a great and affordable school. They are constantly trying to improve, and have even just purchased a huge theatre in the heart of Fitchburg. The campus is small and easily navigated. The professors really care about their students and their profession. There's many programs and clubs on campus, so there's always something going on.
This university looks amazing on tours, and the tour guides pull you in with lies.
The advisors dont care about the students
the faculty and staff dont take action when needed
illegal activity is turned a blind eye.