High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.41 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.46 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.46 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management108 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies63 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities62 Graduates
Cinematography and Video Production56 Graduates
Human Services39 Graduates
Exercise Physiology36 Graduates
Design and Visual Communications30 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.51 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.73 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.32 responses
Fitchburg State University Reviews
I would not recommend Fitchburg at all. For one, it is a suitcase campus so everyone goes home on the weekends, so forget about having fun then. The parties are okay but even then the majority of them are Greek Life only. Academics are just okay. Dining sucks and their hours are awful especially on the weekends. As for dorms, Herlihy and Russell are where you will most likely end up as freshmen, and it is awful. So noisy despite quiet hours; I cannot count the times it has been 2am and someone has been screaming down the hall and no one does anything. Toilets are usually broken, there are pee stains and weeks' worth of hair in the shower, and the stalls have pads or tampons (sometimes wrappers, sometimes used pads and tampons) for the girls' bathroom and poop with pee stains in the guys'. The area around it is boring even if you have a car. I would not advise you to walk off campus (whether you are a male or female). The professors are the only good part of this school.
My experience at FSU has been a rocky road but I've gotten through it and will continue to. Majority of the professors I have had were very helpful when it came to understanding the work, criteria, and curriculum. The activities and events were planned well and were great, especially for those who were new. The workers on campus, including tour guides, orientation leaders, office employees, etc were helpful as well.
It's great here, I met a lot of close friends whom I currently live with in a suite with this year. Since it is not a huge school you get to know a lot of people and can feel yourself as a part of the campus life in Fitchburg State. Much appreciated are the small changes such as the basketball court and better food. Not going to lie, the surrounding city of Fitchburg is not pretty to look at but if you stay on campus, you'll be fine and enjoy yourself. Campus police takes their job very serious and make sure no one is in danger at all times. Some of the athletes here can be full of themselves but it's very easy to avoid dealing with them (unless their drunk at a party when you have to knock them out). I'd have to say the majors that Fitchburg State is most recognized for are the Exercise and Sport Science, Nursing, Film and Business. The professors here are really cool and all of them are very passionate of what they teach. Love this place, best state school in Massachusetts hands down, and I've visited many schools.
Proud to be a falcon! Class of 2018.
Proud to be a falcon! Class of 2018.