Fisk University Reviews

I am a daughter ever on the altar. FIsk university has been educating black minds for 150 years. I am proud to call myself a Fiskiste. I had two cousins go to the school also. Fisk is a family legacy school. We believe in the talented tenth. We are the hopes and the dreams of the enslaved.
Fisk University is a wonderful school. It is small and confined that everyone knows each other and has some type of relationship with one another. Everyone at Fisk seems to work as a family. Every family has a combination of personalities and attitudes and majority of the campus knows how to mix in well. There were never any bad stories being told to me before I arrived as a freshman and I still have not heard nor witnessed anything bad about Fisk. The education department here is fantastic and it keeps someone challenged and focused.
The school is very welcoming. You won’t really have any problems here unless you like bigger spaces. The school is very small but everyone gets to know each other and makes you feel like family.
Start Your Review of Fisk University
The school itself is illustrious and its name gives you a lot of motivation, however the atmosphere with the students and some professors isn't the greatest. The administration is never on the right page with one another causing many problems for majority of the university.
Fisk is a beautiful and lively campus. It is also very homey because of the size everyone seems to know each other and interact well. The professors are very hardworking and push the students towards their goal and the athletics program is improving with each season. The cafe food could be improved as at any university and the administration could be better organised and helpful in assisting students.
Very close-knit and friendly. Amazing teachers and people doing great things. So many people stop and talk to you and are very helpful. It’s hard to feel alone here. Like any schoo there’s occasional drama.
I love that Fisk University is built on uplifting their students and helping them achieve their independent goals. Fisk University comes with open arms and love.
Fisk University is rich in history. It is up there with Howard University, Hampton, Spelman and Morehouse. It is slowly losing its appreciate but it is important for the students to keep that up and going. I would like to see the students become more involved to make Fisk like the 70's, 80's, and 90's Fisk that alumni use to talk about.
Fisk is a great institution. The only problem is has is that it has some financial problems with aiding students.
The people at the school are amazing. It's a very small school so everyone kinda knows everyone. Also it's a very old hbcu.
Fisk is one of THEE greates HBCU's in the state of Tennesee. It helps pave the way for great opportunities!
I like how if you do the medicine program, you get 3 years as an undergraduate and go into your program.
Fisk has been amazing to me. Ever since I was younger Fisk was all I knew, being that my mother attended and graduated from the university back in 2000. When i first got to Fisk I didn't really like it being that it was really traditional and wasn't really modern. However it grows on you. You grow to appreciate the connections you gain from the teachers and students, and how everyone wants whats best for you no matter if they know you or not. Fisk is my family away from home and I love and appreciate all they've done for me thus far.
Fisk universtiy is a loving HBCU that i would recommend to every student I come across. they have great teachers that love assisting you and their every step of the way. being at all Black college has shown the the culture of this University and what it stands for as a whole. i say the only thing Fisk should improve on is making the excellence of the school, more excellent. they can only get better.
I love the diversity and family dynamic of Fisk University. Fisk has a very rich history and has had a huge impact on the advancement of African Americans. I love that Fisk also has a great academic record and is nationally recognized. The thing I would change about Fisk is the business aspect of the school. Fisk lacks successful communication with their students business wise. Overall I had a pleasurable experience while attending Fisk University and would definitely recommend it to other students looking to further their education.
I feel extremely safe on campus. We have automatic locking doors and security out at all times.
The dorms are a nice size. Cleaning services come on a regular basis to clean community areas.
Start Your Review of Fisk University
I can only speak from what I've seen so far. Greek life is a big part of campus life. The events are fun and everyone is interactive with everyone.
It was scary at first, but now I understand the swing of things. Everything if set at a fast pace, but I truly feel like I am learning
I feel like it could be a lot better.