Fisher College Reviews

Fisher College gives you the tools to succeed, but you have to want it. Their professors will bend over backwards to help students that actually try and care about their grades and their future. The Academic Center for Enrichment (ACE) is a free tutoring program that offers tutors with masters degrees to help students in any subject. The location is prime being located in the Back Bay. Its not often you get to live on beacon street so if you have the opportunity to live on campus take it!
Attending Fisher was the best desicion of my life. Making the change from high school to college is never easy but at Fisher it is. In my first semester they provided me with a class called "The Common Experience" this class teaches you everything to expect from college. It teaches you how to deal with college papers, exams and even gives you a layout of the next four years. When I took this class my teacher was my Psychology program director. She gave me/us a full layout of what to expect with our major. What was amazing to me was that Fisher offered free tutors for my classes. I've honestly never seen a school that does that. They even help you find jobs. Fisher College had a department named Career services that is dedicated to helping students get jobs both in and after college. They've help me to perect my resume and even helped with finding my internship. I honestly love Fisher, it has been a great four years.
I love the people and teachers of fisher college. Everyone is very nice and friendly and the people are diverse. However if i could change one thing about the school it would be the set up of the dorms and allow everyone to have equal space.
Start Your Review of Fisher College
Fisher College is a student committed college, they want you to have the best experience and are focused on the student.
Transferring into Fisher College I was initially attracted by the beautiful buildings and beautiful location on the corner of Beacon and Arlington street in Boston. After leaving a large school I was nervous about the small size, and found it to feel even smaller than expected. However, I fell in love with the care and attention given to students from professors, staff members and everyone. I'm, very much enjoying my last few college years here.
The best part of Fisher is the close-knit community. Everyone here knows each other, which makes it a more comfortable and laid back setting, while still maintaining a professional look.
My overall experience at Fisher College wasn't the best. Academically I wished my major's department had it together (organization wise) the curriculum taught me a lot. The campus is not the best although recently trying to upgrade it. The students I felt lack motivation and campus policing is not/was not great. I also think that the school cost so much to have so little to offer versus attending a state college.
you get alot of inspiration and motivation with the right type of people also a better environment as well.
It's not that bad to be honest for the first year but it's alot of work that's for sure but the main focus is to be determined no matter what
Academically this school has been somewhat flexible and convenient. It really depends on the teacher to decide how flexible your time in and outside of class is.
I say that it is great because many students will strive for an easy college experience. The classes are mostly easy passes, and students do not have to be brilliant, or even do much at all, to get good grades. For example, my roommate barely went to class and got average/below average grades on her assignments. Towards the end of the semester she spoke to her teacher who, within less than 24 hours, raised her grade from a D to a B+.
Just like many schools, it is required that each student completes and at least one internship in order to graduate. However, I would say that a degree from this school is not as reliable as most would think. It really depends on what major you are in, and how well you can present yourself when it comes time to use your degree.
I think this program is more effective outside of the classroom than in. You learn new things, but it would be a lot more informative if we could spend more time outside of the classroom. The fashion classes at my school are easy to get good grades in, but often boring or are lectures.
It was surprising to me when I first arrived how very uncommitted many students are to their studies here. This school is very easy on their grading, so it is surprising when I hear how many students are failing classes, especially since many pay a lot of money for tuition.
They have classes Monday-Friday and only until 5 pm. They also do not offer many different times unless it is a class that is taken by many or most students.
This school does have a nice career services office. They will help you get your resume togeather and with interview skills. I know that for my degree you have to do an internship which helps students get experience int their field. I am not sure about the alumni network but I do not think that it is that great.
There are some alumni that have managed to go out and make a name for themselves. I have not personally experienced this but I have heard that this school does not have a good reputation in the business community.
Start Your Review of Fisher College
The class sizes are rather small which is nice. All of my professors have been nice and willing to help their students, but only a few have actually managed to make the course semi-difficult and interesting.
The fashion merchanding classes are very easy. It requires a bit of creativity to complete some of these classes. There was one class that I did learn a bit from and actually found valuable and that was my fashion merchandising class. The professor was professional and knew the material she was covering in and out. She is the person that I trust most in the school.
This school did not challenge me in any way. It is way too small and most of the students are immature. There are not many activities for students to participate in. The academics are a joke. I truly have not enjoyed my time at Fisher and I would not recommend anyone to come here.