Ferrum College Reviews

Great environment, loving professors who actually care about their students. Friendly students and staff. Campus police is great and the athletics is great.
Other than tuition being high (Make sure you get a scholarship and grants!) and the school being out in the sticks (or country) the school has pretty much everything you need for a decent college experience. The professors really try to help you as far as understanding things in class along with other students stepping out their comfort zone and being socially friendly.
I have enjoyed my time at Ferrum College from the beginning to the end, honestly. It's a great campus and a supportive community, for the most part. Majority of the buildings on campus are very old, but it seems as though some of the housing buildings are the only true indication of the campus' age. Overall the campus is a safe place, but I would like to see better management of the school's more personal cases (such as Title IX cases) and how they protect the survivors after the dust settles. I would also like to suggest starting incoming freshmen out with advisors in their fields of study, if a major has been decided upon. It would make figuring out the requirements for their majors less confusing, than to be switched around so often and risking being able to graduate on time due to lack of credits required.
Start Your Review of Ferrum College
My experience at ferrum was great my freshman year. Everyone is friendly , as for school the classes are amazing and there are plenty of tutors and help all around campus at every time of the day.
Best place to get your degree. I love the family atmosphere and the small class sizes. The professors are wonderful.
Ferrum College provides a small school community in which it is easy to make connections. Small classes allow students to have a more personable experience with their proffessors.
The teachers try to work with you, and the community is all around inclusive for just about everyone.
Very pricey due to being a private school, but everyone is nice and supportive and want you to graduate
Ferrum College is a small setting college that provides a wide variety of one on one teacher/student education in efforts of having the best learning tools to enhance your career options.
I really like the teachers and the academics in college. I really felt the teachers knew their subject and did a great job of teaching us the subjects. The teachers really helped students that needed extra help.

What I would change about Ferrum College is the student life. There's not a lot around the campus. The nearest grocery store is 30 minutes away. The nearest mall is 30 minutes away. Due to everything being so far away its hard for a lot of underclassmen to get around. Although the scenery is very beautiful there's not much to it. That's what I would change about Ferrum College.
At Ferrum College it is very isolated which could be a really good thing as far as focusing on academics but also a bad thing when it comes to social, out-of-school interactions and entertainment. One thing I would like to see change is more investment into building things around the school as far as food and entertainment.
My overall experience at Ferrum College has been a great one! The campus is beautiful. The class sizes are small and the professors are willing to work one on one with you. It is truly amazing. The only bad thing about Ferrum College is the price.
It's a nice experience so far, but not much to do since we're in the middle of nowhere. You'll need a car since everything is about a 30 to 40-minute drive. You'll eventually get to know everyone since this campus is pretty small. Not too much diversity. The sports are pretty cool. The lunch food is okay.
This college is probably the best college to take a tour around and everyone there is so amazingly nice.
Great college,everyone is very friendly and helpful.I would love to see more athletics and sororities.I would love to see a lot more activities to do.Being away from home and on weekends there is nothing to do.The professors are great.Overall Ferrum is great college.
Police Station is right across the street from the main campus, they will show up within seconds.
Ferrum is a great school for students who like the country and the small school feel. My class sizes ranged from 5-25 depending on the class. The professors I had were caring and helpful; they made a huge difference in my academic success. My advice to new panthers would be- attend all the campus activities you can! They are filled with fun, and that's where you will meet your college career friends. A lot of information is handed out during these activities, and thats how you will stay ahead of the game!
Start Your Review of Ferrum College
My housing was fabulous freshmen through sophomore year, though I started in nicer housing due to my GPA in high school.
The addition of the new athletics building on the backside of campus has really improved our athletics department.
There are no words to describe how the professors impacted their students. 95% of my professors were the most approachable, knowledgeable, and caring professors I could have asked for. I was part of the Health Sciences program, so I can't speak for the other disciplines, but I have heard many good things. The only downside is the price of the private school.