Ferrum College Reviews

It's a nice experience so far, but not much to do since we're in the middle of nowhere. You'll need a car since everything is about a 30 to 40-minute drive. You'll eventually get to know everyone since this campus is pretty small. Not too much diversity. The sports are pretty cool. The lunch food is okay.
This college is probably the best college to take a tour around and everyone there is so amazingly nice.
Great college,everyone is very friendly and helpful.I would love to see more athletics and sororities.I would love to see a lot more activities to do.Being away from home and on weekends there is nothing to do.The professors are great.Overall Ferrum is great college.
Review Ferrum College
Police Station is right across the street from the main campus, they will show up within seconds.
Ferrum is a great school for students who like the country and the small school feel. My class sizes ranged from 5-25 depending on the class. The professors I had were caring and helpful; they made a huge difference in my academic success. My advice to new panthers would be- attend all the campus activities you can! They are filled with fun, and that's where you will meet your college career friends. A lot of information is handed out during these activities, and thats how you will stay ahead of the game!
My housing was fabulous freshmen through sophomore year, though I started in nicer housing due to my GPA in high school.
The addition of the new athletics building on the backside of campus has really improved our athletics department.
There are no words to describe how the professors impacted their students. 95% of my professors were the most approachable, knowledgeable, and caring professors I could have asked for. I was part of the Health Sciences program, so I can't speak for the other disciplines, but I have heard many good things. The only downside is the price of the private school.
I love so much about Ferrum! Everyone seems so sweet, the campus is beyond beautiful and I know that the faculty and staff really cares. What you see on the internet and based on the websites you cannot tell how amazing the school is! If you are considering Ferrum, I really do urge you to visit, you will not be disappointed!
For me it is too soon to tell. I haven't witnessed anything bad, but the staff takes health and safety VERY seriously, as they should
Students pay average for regular 2 person dorms, yet most of the rooms aren't air conditioned. Make sure to bring some fans.
There are only several sororities and fraternities... like 2 all together.. so as you can guess its not that big of a deal. I'm still trying to get a read on them though. I think I will join if its not too expensive.
I don't know that much about it yet, but by the way people talk about it, it isn't a huge deal, but the people involved stay busy. The professors try to work with everyone as much as they can, but the defiantly understand that student athletes have schedules and they try to help with that as much as they can, but that doesn't mean that they will accept excuses from them.
I'm still a new student so I cannot speak to the entire experience, but from what I have seen the faculty and staff truly care about us students and they take pride in working at Ferrum. To be honest I only chose Ferrum as a last resort, but I really wish I had visited before I decided because I would have fallen in love with the school from the first sight. The staff are really friendly and you get that very obvious southern vibe. Even the cafeteria staff was very friendly and introduced themselves and make you feel at home. The campus is considered small, but I would actually consider it a medium sized campus with a high school sized student body.
They try their best to keep us safe and always keep us informed.
You can get a job if you really wanted one
I have to have PowerPoint slides, I can't do the oral notes. But other than that some professors go a little fast so you don't have time to write everything down.
Review Ferrum College
The dorms are okay, I just feel bad for lakeside. They don't have a/c and heat when they want to, but the school provides each room with a fan. I wish east Bassett had an elevator too, the steps are a workout.
The Greeks are always by each other's side and they participate in a lot of activities. I heard its a lot to do to get in thought.
They always do their best.