Ferris State University Reviews

1,841 reviews
I enjoyed my time at Ferris. They were helpful and kind and helped me get where I needed to be. The only thing I had trouble with was the lack of help on internship placement.
I love the campus, and everyone here including all the professors and other college officials. The financial aid department has given me some issues however overall i have had a great time here so far
Great first day experience and just all around love the community. The professors are great and the food is amazing .
Review Ferris State University
As of starting this year, it seems like a great college, smaller than other colleges in Michigan but great for it's size and it has some programs, other colleges don't have or provide.
Should put air conditioning in all dormitories. So it makes it a very good environment to want to live in. And also make that freshman have a easy time picking a dorm by making freshman dorm placing easier instead of just a survey. Ask more questions about the student before giving them a recommended dormitory.
I love the campus, I can find everything easily. There is a variety of classes and the professors are very passionate about what they are talking about, being so passionate about what they are talking about helps me get interested in the subject.
Ferris professors are great! Many have worked in the field they teach, so that experience is very helpful. The food on campus is pretty good and there are clubs and activities for every interest. Sometimes it might not appear that the activity or service you want is there, but usually if you look a little harder you can find it. Make sure to stay on top of what classes you NEED to be taking or you might end up spending a lot of extra time and money
The thing I like the most about Ferris State University is the students. If you're looking to make great college friends, this is the college to go to. Some of the teachers won't be the best that you have had, but the people here make having a few bad teachers worth it.
Ferris State University is a four-year college that offers a healthy balance between academics and extracurricular activities without becoming overwhelming. Though this university is not for those who thrive in a bustling city with a thriving campus life, Ferris State offers a uniquely familiar and calm, yet focused and driven, feeling that makes nearly everyone feel at ease. Offering a wide variety of courses with a considerable amount of flexibility, this college gives a good taste of freedom as well as adult responsibility.
Being a student at Ferris is the best choice I have made within my education. The staff are great and strive to push students towards success. I have found many new interests while enrolled at Ferris and I have learned how to succeed on my own.
Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. Tiny campus so easy to meet people. Teachers are nice and helpful.
I love attending Ferris State University. The campus is small enough to walk everywhere but big enough where you don't know everyone. Its an amazing school with great professors and classes.
My experience in college has given me a chance to sharpen my skills in my field of choice. There have been, and there will continue to be, many opportunities to learn more ways of improving my craft as a result of my time at Ferris, which I am truly thankful for. For example, the Writing Center at my school has taught me many writing tips and rules that I was unaware even existed, and would still be unaware of had it not been a part of my experience. Because of this, I realized I still had a lot to learn despite what I thought; but this allows me to improve my skills more as I continue to attend school and also gives me more confidence in my area. And as a result, I know one day this valuable experience will help me in my search for another one-a rewarding career. One thing I would change would be the parking, it cost to much and could be difficult to find a place to park.
gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Tuition is not too high and this school really cares about their students. For the size we have, the class sizes are so small. I love the food and cobstant advancement. If you are looking for anything they have it.
Ferris State was the most important phase in my life. It grew me up mentally, physically and emotionally. I was a sheltered child from Detroit but Ferris showed me that there was much more to the world than Detroit. I met people from all over the state, the Midwest, the country and the world. Now I had some troublesome times there but it grew me up. I met caring professors and consuelors. Ferris was a great experience that I will forever and always cherish. I'm
I love most things about Ferris from the food to the people, to the smaller campus to the smaller classrooms theres dozens of things i love about this school. The thing i don't like about Ferris is the lack of financial support through scholarships. This school will give you 6000 over 4 years for a scholarship then somewhere like eastern will give you 16000 over 4 years its really hard to go here and get support for tuition from the school. This is especially hard for someone like me who has to go for 2 extra years because of a waiting list they have because THEY don't have a big enough program for the large demand then I'M expected to be able to pay for the extra years here. overall the school is very good.
Review Ferris State University
I attend Kendall College of Art & Design of Ferris State University. This is the BEST college Michigan!
I love my experience at Ferris State. There is something for everyone and there is always a way to learn more about your major, or just something that you are very interested in.
What I love about Ferris is that it's big enough to offer unique experiences that you can't find anywhere else, but it's also small enough to still deliver that "home-y"-feel. I feel safe and comfortable here, and I'm glad I chose Ferris State University.