Feather River College Reviews

Feather River College has the best instructors. The students and instructors can communicate on and off campus about the courses.
This college is amazing. Gorgeous scenery, lots of trees, and tons of friendly people. There are many different sports that other colleges may not have. The teachers and staff are out of this world! I love this place!
It's a very positive environment and has a lot of opportunities to grow.
Start Your Review of Feather River College
Wifi at dorms not good so was hard doing online courses
Support from faculty and coaches are great
Great support from teachers and coaches
Small town with great support for their students and sports.
I'm thankful that my counselor is so likable and understanding
Since it's such a small school, there aren't THAT many different course times available, but they are varied enough that with some thought, you can figure out what would be best. Also, counselors are EXTREMELY helpful with scheduling!!!
The transfer center is so helpful in transferring to 4 year degrees, the counselors really help keep you on top of where you need to be each semester so you are right on track all the time and you can feel confident knowing you are right where you need to be to succeed.
Dr. Bagley is an amazing professor!! It's because of him that math was my highest grade this past semester! And the equine teachers are so great at what they do, and they are only demanding because they have to be, it comes with the horse industry.
We have already had two famous horsemen on campus teaching us, and if somebody were to make an impression on an employer, they would have no trouble finding a job.
My GE classes are perfect for my skill level and my equine classes teach me SO much!
I am absolutely in love with this school. It is so unique being in the middle of the mountains in a tiny town. I'm so glad I'm choosing to stay for the new bachelor's program!
Given the small population the school has, it is easy to create and change a schedule based on your individual needs. Also, the academic advisors know every student on a personal level which is nice when trying to balance school and personal life needs with classes.
It is only a two year school therefore there aren't many post-grad services at all. You can get help with transferring, but whether your credits will transfer or not depends on how much attention you paid to the admissions process since day 1.
I don't know much about career prospects at my school. There are a few internship opportunities but they aren't well-known and they don't cover very many majors.
Start Your Review of Feather River College
Class sizes are small which is nice, the courses offered covers the majority of a students need, however not many students are career oriented. Many are there for athletics or don't have a clear idea of where they want to continue after FRC.
There are many classes that don't take much thought at all to pass. However there are a select few professors that enlighten their students.
The school gives plenty of special treatment to students that deserve it. Athletes get plenty of perks at the school. There are many opportunities financially and academically to help you be successful. Free tutoring, free food, advising, and events all year long. It's a great place to go for an AA.