Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising - Los Angeles Reviews

The campus at Lis Angeles is a lot bigger than the one at San Diego. Everyone is so friendly and I love the atmosphere of the school and the creativity.
Rating applies to the administration, admissions and finance offices-- not enough info yet to comment on academics. Admin side of the school is super unorganized. Horrible experience with admissions: verbally offered scholarships at acceptance. Couldn't get them put in writing & eventually said they were never offered. Communication is spotty & flawed from the beginning through apartment move in & orientation: lack of helpful signage, can't establish internet connection for presentations, 45-minute for a English test because no one could get printer to work, 3 different times listed for parent orientation, etc. Some admission advisors are clearly better than others; unfortunately in the end mine was negative and unprofessional. Online forms are often with broken links & misinformation. It is unclear what is due & when. Others say they had similar problems. Finance person was nasty when calling for assistance. I really hope the academics side has their act together.
My experience fidm is that the advisors really care about their students and want to see students to be successful. Fidm helps student find part-time during schools and after a person graduate college.
Start Your Review of Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising - Los Angeles
AMAZING CAMPUS AND REALLY KNOWLEDGEABLE PROFESSORS. ALL STAFF IS VERY NICE AND WANTS YOU TO SUCCESS AND WILL MAKE SURE YOU DO. EVERYONE IS ALWAYS TRYING TO HELP YOU WITH ANYTHING YOU NEED.
Overall FIDM is a great way for creative students to still get a college education without going to the typical non-fashion based college. Admissions Adviser Debbie Hatcher is extremely helpful and a joy to work with.
FIDM is a great school, the teachers are very helpful and qualified. It is not and easy school; we get lots of homework that is very time consuming.
I enjoy going to FIDM. This school gives you the tools for the industry and prepares you for the real world. You have to communicate with your instructors to get the inside scoop about activities and opportunities available. A closed mouth does not get fed. The instructors I have had so far really do care about the student's success. The courses are fast pace so you have to really want to be here to receive the grades you want. Stay on top of your studies. There isn't any room to slack off here at FIDM. Overall, I have met interesting people from all over the world here at FIDM and I love the school.
The education here is phenomenal. If there is someone who is looking to work in the fashion, beauty, or entertainment industry, then this is the place for you. At FIDM, you will find nothing but the most specialized professors who have either retired from or are currently working the jobs you want. The only complaint I have about the school is that it is not "college-like". By that I mean there is no football team or school mascot. It is very career-oriented, which poses as a good and bad thing.
The atmosphere of this Institute really brings out all creativity from inside you. Such a warm and welcoming staff that is there to answer any questions. Everyone wants you to succeed in this school. I feel it is too early to have any real opinions on what to improve in this school, but I am looking forward to my FIDM experience. I can't wait to see what the future holds!
The only thing i would have to say is there is a ton of different advisors that all give you different advice and its ll a bit confusing plus all the classes are 10 weeks long so you don't really get to get a relationship with your teachers unless you take them multiple times
I just used it to take most of my general eds
There is a pretty good alumni program here
The classes are small the teachers are wonderful
Nothing will be handed to you and the career center is kind of a joke most of the time
This program kicks your butt. Its a crash course in all things Fashion design and you learn so much but it is a ton of work
You do a lot of different types of projects and work based on your major, preparing you for a career. However, most classes are group project based and general work load can be a bit much for such little pay off. The school is okay, just wish it didn't coast so much money, I think I'd enjoy my experience more if I knew that I wasn't going to be paying it off for my entire life.
My school is the best because you can be yourself without being judged by others. You also get hands on experience and get into your major right away! There a lot of internships and careers you can get yourself into before you graduate.
Start Your Review of Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising - Los Angeles
The facilities are nice but I wish they had more emphasis on the business aspect of the industry.
FIDM has nice professors but I prefer knowledgeable over nice any day.
I usually get the classes that I need and the dates that i need. they usually offer a wide range of classes