Fairmont State University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Mountain East Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.36 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.35 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.34 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management100 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies70 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities51 Graduates
Foundations of Education45 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science36 Graduates
Civil Engineering Technician24 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering Technician20 Graduates
Digital and Print Publishing17 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.46 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.51 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.30 responses
Fairmont State University Reviews
Review Fairmont State University
Fairmont State is a great small-town university! It offers small class sizes to give you an individual leaning experience. This allows the student to engage with the professor, rather than being a number in a large crowd. This university rests on a beautiful campus and offers an excellent overall student life.
So far, I have loved all my classes at Fairmont State. The class sizes are small, making it super easy to talk to professors, and to my classmates. The small campus is the best for getting to classes on time, and makes for an easy commute!
My school experience has been great. My favorite part about my school is the counselors there; they have always kept me where I need to be. Another factor that made my school experience better was the sporting events and community service activities, along with the clubs and organizations, I participated in. Being active in school really makes things easier!