High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.36 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.35 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.34 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies91 Graduates
Business Administration and Management86 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities50 Graduates
Foundations of Education38 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science36 Graduates
Aerospace Engineering Technician24 Graduates
International Relations and National Security Studies21 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering Technician20 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.46 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.51 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.30 responses
Fairmont State University Reviews
I started attending Fairmont State in fall of 2017. I was a recent graduate of a local high school in the area. Like any other new student I was nervous, but the staff, and my academic adviser made me feel more than welcome! They go above and beyond to help their students, and they really do care about your academic success. Fairmont State also has a beautiful campus, surrounded by plenty of housing, and a diverse community. I have only been a student there for a year now, but I have loved every minute there. It's safe to say when graduation day arrives I will miss Fairmont State's campus, and the staff working there.
I am a transfer student from Potomac state college of WVU. Fairmont state welcomed me with open arms and allowed me to become a falcon right on the spot. Financial aid, student mentors, and teachers all gave me answers when asked and helped me when i was struggling. the only thing i would have to say i dont like is the fact the university is on a hill! It is quite the workout i must say. other than that, Fairmont is my second home!
It is an amazing environment that is so friendly. Mostly, everyone knows everyone and if not new friendships are established. The classes are very informative. Professors work with the students in the best ways! It is an amazing school and everyone should take time and check out FSU!