Fairleigh Dickinson University Reviews

I am a transfer senior. I dorm a few nights a week and go home on the weekends. Ill be honest. The food is fine, people are nice and academics are GREAT. However, this is a small school and the ugly stepchild compared to Florham. The Greek life isnt real greek life either compared to big colleges. Its a dry campus with no greek houses on campus so do the math. If you want a real college partying experience and greek life experience go elsewhere. This is a good academic school, not much else. It feel like a community college people sleep at.
My experience as a Freshman at Fairleigh Dickinson University has been very positive. The professors are knowledgeable and approachable. The campus is very nice and the students are friendly.
Fairleigh Dickinson is a great college offering students immense opportunities to help them in any field of study. Overall, the college is a great pick and nothing bad could be said about it!
Review Fairleigh Dickinson University
Fairleigh Dickinson University was absolutely amazing. When I was there it felt just like home. What I love about it the most is how it is almost like city life. There are so many things you could do at Fairleigh Dickinson University and several trips into the city. There is not a single thing I would change about Fairleigh Dickinson University.
FDU is a really small school compared to other schools. It is located in the suburbs of New York City which is appealing to many students. Personally, I think this is not a school that would involve socializing and partying. There are very few girls in the schools and very few people in general. I would recommend dorming because it's easier to make friends and interact with people. There are no bars and no night clubs around, so you would have to travel a couple miles to find a place to hangout.
Great professors and great people. Small campus with large commuter population, so it gets very quite and boring on the weekends and at night. Not lots of school spirit either.
I am currently a student at Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck, NJ. FDU is an open campus however, it is in a very safe area. The academics at the university are very good. The school is a leader in global education and offers many opportunities for students to study abroad almost anywhere in the world, including their Vancouver and Wroxton campuses. My time at FDU has been characterized by me meeting students form all over the world. FDU is pretty small with only about 600 people living on campus and a good amount of students commuting. The dorms aren't like what you see in the movies, but they're not your worst nightmare either. There is one that stands out from the other two choices. Because of its small size, students at FDU form a close knit community, especially the ones that choose to live on campus. There are not many parties at the school, but there is always something going on, or an event hosted by one of them many organizations present at the school.
I transferred in this fall, and my first semester has been great! If you get involved on campus right away there are a lot of opportunities available. It's a little bit on the expensive side, but other than that I love everything about this school.
So far my experience has been interesting. It is a dry campus, which may make it more safe, but less fun for some. This school is mostly a commuter school. We only have one cafeteria that accepts meal swipes which can be a hassle, especially for those whom live in the upperclassmen dorms.
Fairleigh Dickinson as a whole is a pretty decent school. I love the sports this school offers and also the Greek Life. Some things i would like to see changed is a more diverse selection of food and more student activities. I also would like there to be a greater selection of clubs to join.
While attending Fairleigh Dickinson University, I have experienced the ups and downs of being at college. The work load can be a little heavy plus scheduling classes is rough. However, I have also had the pleasure of meeting some great professors. While challenging, classes are fun and informative. The campus is very big so you get a lot of exercise walking to and from classes.
As a senior I have never experienced or seen anyone get peer pressured in doing anything they do not want to do.
Overall, the people are easy to talk to and fun to hang out with, as well as, find a club/organization that fits your personality and/or major.
We are aware of where to go in case of any sexual assault. I have never heard of any sexual assaults since I have been attending this school.
The application process is not too much of a hassle. Although, financial aid office people may give off an attitude.
As a commuter would not know much, but the commuter's lounge is okay to hang out in, since it's inside the fitness area, and has a pool table, couches, plus TV's.
It can be good for academic reasons, not just for parties, and skipping class depending on what fraternity/sorority you join. Very well involved in other school activities, philanthropies, etc.
Review Fairleigh Dickinson University
Not too familiar with them.
As an Engineering student is not that great, but is not the worst either. It is what you make of it as an individual, and how much effort you put in.
I was a transfer student and i was instantly impressed by how close the students were. Everyone was very supportive of the athletics and the small classes made learning easier.