Fairleigh Dickinson University Reviews

There was no social life, the return of investment was maybe you could probably apply being a cashier at a convenience shop and much of the so called global education wouldn't even be useful for real world things. academics were outdated unreal and most of the professors were reckless , uninformed and useless. i tried to transfer out but the gpa stopped me from leaving this mediocre school. luckily i had better gpa and opportunities at NYU than this excuse of a global education, all universities by now global with its diversity. it's a poor sales pitch and they should remove poor quality professors that are tenured.
At Fairleigh Dickinson University, I have come across some professors who can really explain the material and do a great job making sure everyone understands the material; however, I have also ran into a few poor professors. I made a few close friends that I would not trade for anything and became involved in campus by joining the cheerleading team. When it comes to activities and food, I feel as if the school could do a better job. I always end up leaving campus to eat and participate in fun activities.
My experience at FDU is good. Because of the location, there is not much that you cannot do without a car, but you can easily get on a bus and go to New York. The campus is small, so you tend to see the same people around daily. The professors are nice and want you to succeed. The food is average; it is like high school food. In the fall, there are a lot of events of campus, but in the spring it is the opposite.
Start Your Review of Fairleigh Dickinson University
The metropolitan campus could use work on the building's exterior... it is outdated. It is a small and quiet campus and the professor to student relationship is good. FDU is a pretty diverse campus and has many other campuses in other locations.
Went to this teaneck wasteland of a school due to my school not sending my transcripts on time to my original choices. Engineering faculty was a joke and overall unpleasant, decadent, outdated, close minded and overall cheap. I never heard of fdu before and has not helped me find a job, luckily i did go to an ivy league but fdu was not worth it. It had no social life, dead clubs that ceased in the late 90s, hostile deans, and unfair gradings.
I was a commuter, where most students at this campus are, and it was difficult to make friends since you spend so little time on campus. It seems as though you don't really get the full college experience here. However, there are many amazing professors who teach here.
As a second-semester freshman, awaiting to embark my sophomore year of college, this school is great...for me. FDU - Metropolitan can be described as a beautiful, quiet college campus. There are numerous student organizations for students to join, but have set activities planned during the week. For me, this is great. I get to enjoy my weekend studying for upcoming exams and quizzes, and de-stress cause college is VERY, VERY, stressful. To make your own opinion, come check it out for yourself! (:
FDU was good, but I feel as though the MA in Forensic Psych should only be offered with the BA/MA program. To me it felt more like a 5th year undergrad program, rather than a graduate program. It seemed as though it was more introductory than anything else, honestly. It's also only 1.5 years. At first that sounds amazing, until you realize you're taking 12 credits for 3 semesters in a row (full-time for graduate is 9). Spring semester almost destroys everyone, and I wish there was more experience with assessments.
Fairleigh Dickinson University is an okay school. I can say that I made many friends here because everyone is pretty much approachable. As far as campus involvement goes, I feel as though this school does not do much to get students involved. You have to go out of your own way to find out what is going on on campus. What I do enjoy about this school, is the diversity. There are many different people from various places, which makes it interesting here.
Very good opportunities to intern, volunteer. Many clubs for involvement and student activities. Very strong alumni base that gives back with many scholarships and seminars
I love the classes at Fairleigh Dickinson. The professors are very chill and informative. As a communications major, I love the social media classes that are offered.
I love this school, except that my financial aid package was changed after I had already been cleared, which meant I had to pay the amount I wasnt prepared to pay.
I love that I live close enough to walk to campus. Small classes, and pretty tight instruction. Lots of Study Abroad opportunities, take advantage of as many as you can, particularly the Global Scholars program.
The professors are excellent and the courses are relevant. I feel safe on campus. The campus security is very nice and helpful. The campus is not too big, so you can walk everywhere.
Education was like high school. The computer engineering classes were not good and it was tough to prove professors errors. They were very hostile. Sure when the ABET comes to audit, alfredo tan makes sure everyone is treated happily but then turns back to a slum faculty of inept professors. A private university with no social scene and its dark gloomy and ghost town at night. No good
Fdu engineering was full of tenured outdated and poorly informed male faculty who were very arrogant. The indian student masses that enroll to the poor program usually pass because of their experience and academic knowledge. Career services seem like nice people but its hard to compete with other better reputation universities. And thr distance to new york is not a little drive away. And not all is easily accessible.
Fairleigh dickenson university is a school with a diverse campus where students have the chance to study with different students from around the
Start Your Review of Fairleigh Dickinson University
I had a great experience, I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a small community and a good education. Fairleigh dickinson brings the beat out of people and shows them their strengths and weaknesses of the field they about to get in.
I attend Fairleigh Dickinson through the community partnership program, meaning I taking courses that are accredited by Fairleigh Dickinson but take them at my local community college. Fairleigh Dickinson provides me absolutely no resources other than what is online and has never once mentioned me or my classmates in any way, shape, or form. I feel absolutely zero connection or loyalty to the university.
My school has provided me with the tool and life goal to push harder in life. While I go into my senior year I will miss my school and I try to better myself in the work field. Fairleigh has help my become a better engineer and they made sure I had the tools and knowledge to take my life to the next level. I join many clubs like national society of black engineers and made many friends I hope to keep them close as we leave to make a new chapter in our lives