Evergreen State College Reviews

At Evergreen, I really feel that I'm learning what I need to and what I want to at the same time. I'm impressed at how how program materials compliment each other in a way that makes my learning have substance.
I have spent almost two full quarters at Evergreen, coming from a private catholic school I love the individuality Evergreen has. There truly is something for everyone here. The professors are amazing and genuinely care about their student's success and their progress. If any students have problems or special needs in the classroom professors are ready to accommodate their students. The interdisciplinary learning style that is used here has taught me to problem solve like I never have before.
Evergreen has positive vibes. Also It is very inclusive. My experience at Evergreen has always had me feeling empowered. Evergreen has a way of connecting all types of people in academics and hobbies. The teachers at Evergreen have a huge heart for all there students.
Start Your Review of Evergreen State College
So far Evergreen State College has been pretty good to me. At first I had to adjust to the people there due to the fact that they were "different".
I respect the fact that Evergreen accepts people for who they really are and for the most part the accept movements to for example the "Black lives matters" banners that are shown around campus.
Incredible amount of opportunities for students to explore interests inside and out of the classroom and community. Beware those who are not self driven, because so much independence is expected of students.
Great school except for the focus on social justice. I understand teaching social justice but at a certain point you become more political rather than a educational institution. Firm but fair teachers and you get out of it what you put into it.
Evergreen allows individuals to have the freedom to design their own education and build independence. My only judgement I wish it provided more programs and classes. However, It’s interdisciplinary learning system allows students to learn in depth. But you have to work for it. Instructors and faculty work hard to help you achieve your goals. People here are passionate, diverse, and yes, eccentric. One sterotype about this college is that it’s just a punch dumb hippies and stoners. Yes there are the occasional drum circles in the hallways and the friendly neighborhood stoner named Kyle or Elijah or Shaggy but otherwise there are a lot less than I had expected. If you’re the kind of person who likes to challenge yourself and broaden your knowledge then Evergreen is the place for you. Especially if your interested in topics such as environmental science, visual arts, and social justice. I had my doubts at first about this college but I was pleasantly surprised and you will be too.
The staff and teachers make an effort to connect with students like I've never experienced anywhere else. The education style is alternative, hands-on, and experience/discussion based. Perfect for students with different educational backgrounds and needs. Freedom to intersect interests and majors with the opportunity for independent study boundlessly expands the educational experience. Not to mention the campus is beyond stunning with over 700 acres of undeveloped land, including beaches and forests.
Evergreen has an interdisciplinary approach to college which I enjoy and is the main draw to this college. I do wish more emphasis on technology, particularly coding and new media, was put into programs. Also next to nothing for business and marketing is offered.
I have enjoyed the atmosphere and students in general. Some of my professors have being amazing and some have been just okay, but I feel the focus is mostly on the love of learning, and the small class size is an added bonus.
At The Evergreen State College I experienced both challenging and inspiring professors in the department of health sciences. My schedules often involved both lecture and labs, with hours available for group collaboration and research. Classes were well-rounded in theme and introduced clever integration between other departments. While obtaining my degree, Evergreen allowed me to explore other interests, while relating it to my field of study.
The Evergreen State College boasts an all-inclusive environment, difference in academics, and a community-based way of learning. As a trans, disabled, queer socialist student, I can assuredly say that this school is hypocritical in this arena. It's difficult to be anything other than a cisgender, hetersexual, white, liberal at this college. While there is a notable difference in academics, it's not exactly notably good or bad. Since you take one course (usually) per quarter, they expect your life to revolve around academics. Professors here are not as understanding as you'd like them to be. This all being said, it is (unfortunately) the most understanding and progressive 4-year in the Pacific Northwest. I am enjoying my time aside from the obvious blunders I've outlined here. And, of course, I have white privilege and cannot speak on the non-white experience at Evergreen.
I love it here, all students and faculty are kind, understanding, and reasonable. Everyone really wants to get along.
I came to Evergreen to visit a beautiful part of the country. The area is incredible. There is so much to do outdoors from hiking to rock climbing. I use public transportation to go to Seattle and Portland on the weekends easily. Owning a car is unnecessary in Olympia. However, my experience with the school is terrible. The faculty and admissions never seem organized and the the quality of education is clearly not a priority at Evergreen. Other than get a masters in teaching, I'm not sure what one does with a degree from Evergreen. The students themselves fulfill a certain stereotype of stoner hippies that rarely go to class and couldn't care less about their academic success which is probably to be expected from a school that doesn't award grades.
This school comes with a few caveats but if you're disciplined and motivated, you can truly gain some skills needed in today's workforce not emphasized in more conventional universities. You'll learn to work in a team, be flexible, and I believe this liberal arts institution is one of the few that actually teaches you "how to think" as liberal art universities are known to do.

It may not be a perfect fit for everyone, but give this weird place real consideration.
The best thing about Evergreen State College is the fact that whatever you want to learn there is room to learn it. I love their teaching methods, and their different subjects that challenges us to critically analyze the world that we live in a well as learn how to civilly engage in our communities and environment. I especially love my Native Indigenous studies which is captivating and alluring to us being human and what it means to be human. We also engage in a lot of subjects that looks at the balance or lack their of when pertaining to societies discourses. The crafts and tools that we learn is incomparable in contrast to regular "banking system" colleges as well as the public school teaching methods. I love the woods and I love the fact that I can commune with nature and man in a wide setting.
Evergreen is a non-traditional school that provides students application-based degrees. It's uniqueness allows students to flourish rather than worrying about traditional college ideals. Also, it's set in a forest and is one of the most eco-friendly universities in the region!
Start Your Review of Evergreen State College
There is a lot of strong awareness about sexual assault
I can't say enough good things about my school!
I love the diversity of the classes offered and how friendly it is to all abilities and body styles.