Evergreen State College Reviews

A complete joke of a school. I started attending in fall of 2016, and since them have had to deal with extreme amounts of harassment, vandalism to personal property (my car), being wrongfully fired from an on-campus job because of rumors spread by colleagues and staff. Have been treated incredibly unfairly, and I hope nobody else ever has to deal with being a student at this school. Not a safe place to be any size shape or color. This school is extremely racist to everyone. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. Save yourself some time, go to a real school.
Evergreen is a very progressive school but there is more work to be done towards decolonizing and re-indigenizing the campus.
The Evergreen State College is a different kind of academic setting that, for those who apply themselves, allows for broader learning opportunities then most formal colleges. Evergreens programs are usually interdisciplinary meaning you would learn, and be accredited for, a few subjects in one course or program. This creates well rounded graduates who succeed in post graduate schools and in the workforce.
Start Your Review of Evergreen State College
The Evergreen State College is a college with a beautiful campus and kind-hearted people who are always willing to help.
Generally friendly students and faculty, with learning tools and exploring new interests and skills being easy access and highly encouraged. Class set up as 16 credit programs where you can study 4 subjects brought together with an over arching theme, combined with the fact you're with the same group of 40-50 students create a interesting and personable experience with learning. However, classes are not set up to help students build advance skills nor prepare them for real world careers, politically ideologies lean center left to extreme left, which makes it troublesome when having in class debates, and the administration and staff don't exactly seem to care for the success of the students.
I'very onlyou just started a few weeks ago, but it's a good school. Everyone is friendly and try to be as helpful as they can, and there are a ton of way's you can get help if you need it. We also have a ton of scheduledays event's that are free for students that sound fun.
Evergreen is truly unlike any other school. "You get out what you put into it" is what you often hear and it is absolutely true. If you are willing to put the work in and apply yourself, you will walk away with a unique, interdisciplinary education and a greater understanding of yourself and the world around you. If you occasionally show up for classes and don't do the work, well, you'll probably still have a good time, but that's not what you're here for. Also, I can't say this enough, take advantage of the beautiful Evergreen woods. I became myself in those woods and owe so much to Evergreen in general. Go here. You won't regret it.
Amazing experience, received many tools for my future here. Professors, however, can sometimes be hit or miss -do your research before picking a program.
The one reason why I gave Evergreen State College a four star is because of the independence to design my major. I get to craft my own curriculum while exploring myself and with others. However, if you read through other parts of the review, I note there are a ton of students that are snobby, entitled, and lacks social skills, or somewhat came from the hippies or postmodernist background. it is because of these reasons that the school has started to went downhill ever since the protest from last year, with the administration's people-pleasing attitudes. They started to fund the diversity and inclusion department when such money should go to study abroad, STEM, and the humanities. When it comes to the professors and students, I found there are two divided camps: the first ones are the serious minded who sets high expectations and give. The other camp is the social justice warrior with lousy identity politics with no common sense and show signs of mental disorders.
Located in an amazing location! Beach and rainforest between the Olympic Mountains and Mount Rainier. Amazing and dedicated professors.
I love the atmosphere at Evergreen. Everyone is very accepting and the school offers programs that make you think differently. It's very alternative, you can;t fail any class and they don't have majors and minors. I also enjoy the college recreation center and can appreciate that they let the community use the center as well.
all my friends are older like me and that is super nice! i enjoy the evergreen lifestyle, although the food makes me sick alot. they have nice dorms with showers that actually work!!!!i love my studies and they help me to see my potential. speedy the seal is amazing! i love how nobody really excerises but we all love to eat! (insert flushed emoji) glad to have a school to love someone as old as my and my new friends!!
So far its been an experience. I've had issues with classes, professors, and housing. But I've meet some really great people and have enjoyed many student life activities.
Evergreen is such a great place to learn interdisciplinary skills and knowledge, and to bond with your teachers and classmates. It's far from a traditional school in the way the programs are set up and how faculty work together to create and teach interesting and creative classes every year. Faculty are happy to work with you closely or from a distance, whichever one you're comfortable with. I have yet to meet a faculty member that did not care about my success, my health, and equity on campus. Everyone that is here wants to be here. Classmates make you feel supported in and out of the classroom.
A lot of the stuff that goes on in the college is blown out of proportion because it is a tight knit comunity where everyone knows everyone.
The campus police is the largest problem. It lacks adiquat training and is extremely over funded which gives them a god complex.
Evergreen State College is a regionally accredited 4-year college that follows a Montessori style education plan. Tucked away in a state protected forest, the campus is surrounded by ancient evergreens and unbothered wildlife. The environment is progressive, captivating, and breathtaking. They will literally bend over backward to make their students succeed. Did I mention that its one of the most affordable institutions in the nation?
At Evergreen, I really feel that I'm learning what I need to and what I want to at the same time. I'm impressed at how how program materials compliment each other in a way that makes my learning have substance.
Start Your Review of Evergreen State College
I have spent almost two full quarters at Evergreen, coming from a private catholic school I love the individuality Evergreen has. There truly is something for everyone here. The professors are amazing and genuinely care about their student's success and their progress. If any students have problems or special needs in the classroom professors are ready to accommodate their students. The interdisciplinary learning style that is used here has taught me to problem solve like I never have before.
Evergreen has positive vibes. Also It is very inclusive. My experience at Evergreen has always had me feeling empowered. Evergreen has a way of connecting all types of people in academics and hobbies. The teachers at Evergreen have a huge heart for all there students.
So far Evergreen State College has been pretty good to me. At first I had to adjust to the people there due to the fact that they were "different".
I respect the fact that Evergreen accepts people for who they really are and for the most part the accept movements to for example the "Black lives matters" banners that are shown around campus.