Estrella Mountain Community College Reviews

When I first moved to Phoenix I enrolled at Glendale Community College and was overwhelmed by the number of students and crimes that happened on campus. I did not feel safe while enrolled there. I grew up in an extremely small town in Northern Michigan and wanted to find a much smaller campus that felt more like home and Estrella Mountain is just that place and is just far enough out of the city. I feel much safer there and the school is much better for a one on one experience.
Estrella is an amazing college and if you join clubs it will make things easier because if you have questions you can ask anyone in the club.
Something I like about EMCC is that it’s a quiet campus, very peaceful and friendly environment! You get the help you need in any building you go to and everyone is there to grow!
Start Your Review of Estrella Mountain Community College
I think Estrella Mountain Community College is a decent school. Some professors aren't the best, but I have also had some of my favorite teachers here. There is a lot of students and it is a busy school.
My overall experience at Estrella Mountain Community College was good. I got the chance to understand what it is like being a college student, packed with homework and a great deal of responsibilities. The professors are strict, but they help you develop and grow into a successful college student. I would definitely recommend others to attend Estrella Mountain Community College because it is a great environment to take your college classes at. There is very few things that I would change at Estrella Mountain Community College. The only thing I would change and that I didn't like was the lack of advisers to accommodate the students.
It was a good experience as I learned a lot of good advice and knowledge from some of my professors there.
My experience at EMCC was positive. I was impressed by the courses offered and the teaching staff was always helpful and knowledgeable. There are many cultural events on campus and many clubs a student can be a part of. I attended sporadically over a 3 year period as I was working full time as I pursued my AA and AAE. I enjoyed the experience.
I love that at Emcc the classes dont usually exceed 30 people and it feels like you can have a much closer connection with your teacher and fellow class mates. The classes are always easy to find and no matter if I have taken a class online or in person its always just as interesting to me. I dont feel out of place at this school. Its located on dysart rd which has many places to go eat and shop and its in good year its such a good city.
I love the location of the campus, the people are really nice, and the rates are good. My friends have also gone there and have spoke very highly of the college and professors.
I've been a student at EMCC right after I graduated from high school. I am a web and graphic design major and so far I've enjoyed my time there so far. Because of my major, I got to experience the multimedia section of the school and the professors and other students within the same area of study are great. Not only did the professors guide us, but we fellow students helped each other and learned new things. There are other things on campus that are free and available pretty all the time such as counseling, advisory, the career and transfer center, the safety office, tutoring, and financial aid. The professors I've had are great and are always willing to help you out and will have office hours where you can meet them after or before class. Overall, I really like this college and I recommend it to anyone who wants to save money before transferring into a university or to go whether you know what you want to major or not.
What I like about Estrella Community college is the flexible school schedule days and times available. I was able to work full time and still attend school, while enjoying my personal life. What I would change about the school is nothing really. Maybe open up more scholarships and accessible ways to access them.
Some things I liked about Estrella mountain would be the campus, doesn't feel crowded and the staff is wonderful. there are a lot of amazing clubs and extra curricular activities.
It’s close to home. The drive is not that far.

The professors are a hit or miss. Some are really good and others are not.

The campus is big and the parking is spread out.
Everyone there is very helpful and will easily guide you to where you need to be. The extra assistance in certain classes is extremely appreciated by the teachers.
In my time at EMCC, I felt somewhat alone. Though they did have counselors and a handful of helpful administrators, most of the teachers and staff, I felt did not really seem to care about the success of their students. In my first week there, my PSY101 professor showed no sympathy for the new college students that were two or three minutes late to class and would go on a rant about how "this isn't high school anymore, this is college."
Talk about a great school! Estrella Mountain Community College in Avondale, Arizona is one of the most unique and diverse schools in the state. The student body is made up of a wide range of people, from elementary school-age children taking summer entertainment and education classes, to teenagers who have just graduated high school, to adult learners like myself who are finally finishing the degree they started so many years ago. There is also the Southwest Skill Center, located on the school's campus, which offers a wide variety of certification-based educational programs, primarily in the medical field. The best part of the school is the cost. Like the other community colleges in Arizona, the tuition per credit hour is $85, significantly lower than those found at most of the fourfour-year universities in the state. I love this school, and I plan on attending as many classes as I possibly can, for as long as I possibly can.
My experience at Estrella Mountain Community College has been very positive. Everyone is always willing to help.
Start Your Review of Estrella Mountain Community College
Before beginning college, I was unsure what I wanted to do. EMCC helped me make that decision by allowing me to take various classes at a cheaper price than at a university. Many professors have excellent teaching styles and will work with the students.
I have attended EMCC for 2 years and I have enjoyed everything about my experience. The professors and faculty that I have dealt with truly care about helping students find their way. I did not know what I wanted to study when I started but I found a plethora of resources ready to help me find my life's passion.
My personal favorite thing about attending EMCC is that it's a smaller community college, making more availability for classes. They offer all sorts of classes at all times of the day so it's easy to accommodate one's personal or work life. The food that they serve on campus is cooked by the students in their culinary arts program, and is always delicious.