Essex County College Reviews

Classes are easy enough, and everyone is focused on getting the work done. Very diverse group of people.
Is help me to do very at my major before I going to transfer to university
do for my parent proud for me to do well in college
I got into Essex county college straight from Nigeria and the school gave me my USA experience. I started with college mathematics and English and I can clearly say it was a big difference from my previous education in Africa. I was the shy type, so didn't get involved with any student life. I went from class to library back home. it was towards the end of my associate degree I became to let loose, but my 2 year college experience was coming to an end. security was only available inside the campus which I thought was not fair seeing that some students did take night classes. Food was not bad but it was the same thing everyday. Academics was superb. I loved my professors and loved my classes. Classroom was conducive, atlas I thought so seeing that wasn't the case from the type of classes I used back in Africa.
Start Your Review of Essex County College
I love the many majors and degree certificates they have. There is alot to choose from. Tuition is not expensive. They have a partnership with many 4 year institutions so transfering is easy.
What i liked most about Essex county is the teachers on campus. The teachers on campus is very diverse and my professors have traveled all over the world with multiple degrees and have learned multiple languages. They're style and technique for teaching is very remarkable, honestly there should be no reason for anyone to fail at that school when the professors genuinely want to see students succeed
I believe the program I was involved in opened my eyes to how much you could really learn in such a short period of time. My professors were great and really worked with me to make sure I understood the material.
Essex County College is easily accessible. The professors I have encountered are wonderful. My experience so far has been very positive. I've managed to develop friendships, and am relearning how to live up to my full educational abilities.
I look forward to continuing my journey at Essex County College.
It's a great school, especially if you want to transfer to a 4 year college. Very cost effective. There are some things they are starting to update, since this is my last year there I won't be able to enjoy them. There is a brand new computer lab on the 4th floor that is now open and ready to use. It's very nice an modern looking.
My experience here has been good so far. Although fun you still need to do a lot on your own as far as transferring etc. If there were thing that could be improved on it would be the staff and actually finding qualified teachers. I would also like them to offer more clubs and sports.
Its a very good place to start studying. They wont judge you if u are a hispanic,afroamerican or from wherever. The professor are very nice and will encourage you to keep studying , to work hard and never give up. Take thw opportunity that u have to study here ,get good grades and u can get an scholarship or just go to a good university.
My experience overall has been a positive one from beginning to almost the end. The professors are very fair and are great at what they do. The students in the class listen and are attentive. The environment was refreshing.
Most of my professor were really interested in educating instead of just passing student. My overall experience was good.
Essex offers many opportunities for students to excel. The school offers free tutoring for many fields of study. The teachers are very helpful and willing. There is room for improvement in the administration of the school, but there is also room for student involvement pushing those improvements to move along.
School is great teachers are helpful and always available whenever there is an issue or a student is not understanding the subject
I would like to see Essex County College to expand its space for more tutoring and student space to do work.
It's a state community college so they offer lots of benefits to students. Essex county was not my first option I actually attended a school before and ended up liking the community college more then I did my private college.
My experience at Essex County College has been amazing. I had great professors that helped me to move out of my ignorance phase. They thought me all I needed to know and I successfully completed my degree with honor and a 4.0 GPA. However, the school needs to be renovated to offer more comfort to students.
Start Your Review of Essex County College
Essex County College is a fine institution in terms of some aspects, but if we keep those aside, there are some things for which improvements are to be needed.
1)Professors: Very good. Professors are very good. But the teaching would be much better if they used stuffs like presentation slides to teach subjects like history.

2)Academics: Fine. In some of the departments, I strongly suggest adding more people.

3)Campus food: Unsatisfactory. Maybe for some other people, it's a good food but I really think that it is not good.

4)Safety: Good. There is campus security every time and because there are more universities and residential apartments nearby, you can find police and security everywhere.

5)Athletics: There is a soccer team, a college gym, a fitness center and a basketball team as well. So, athletics and fitness, to sum up, are good.

Hope this will be helpful.
Some teachers are really great but some are the worst. Financial aid sucks. The school might be closed because they decided to take most of the students money.
Essex county is a good school but the campus lifestyle is terrible. There are not much activities for students in the school. Also, some teachers do not take the jobs seriously. It’s either they are late to class or their grading systems are poor.