Essex County College Reviews

It's a great school, especially if you want to transfer to a 4 year college. Very cost effective. There are some things they are starting to update, since this is my last year there I won't be able to enjoy them. There is a brand new computer lab on the 4th floor that is now open and ready to use. It's very nice an modern looking.
My experience here has been good so far. Although fun you still need to do a lot on your own as far as transferring etc. If there were thing that could be improved on it would be the staff and actually finding qualified teachers. I would also like them to offer more clubs and sports.
Its a very good place to start studying. They wont judge you if u are a hispanic,afroamerican or from wherever. The professor are very nice and will encourage you to keep studying , to work hard and never give up. Take thw opportunity that u have to study here ,get good grades and u can get an scholarship or just go to a good university.
Start Your Review of Essex County College
My experience overall has been a positive one from beginning to almost the end. The professors are very fair and are great at what they do. The students in the class listen and are attentive. The environment was refreshing.
Most of my professor were really interested in educating instead of just passing student. My overall experience was good.
Essex offers many opportunities for students to excel. The school offers free tutoring for many fields of study. The teachers are very helpful and willing. There is room for improvement in the administration of the school, but there is also room for student involvement pushing those improvements to move along.
School is great teachers are helpful and always available whenever there is an issue or a student is not understanding the subject
I would like to see Essex County College to expand its space for more tutoring and student space to do work.
It's a state community college so they offer lots of benefits to students. Essex county was not my first option I actually attended a school before and ended up liking the community college more then I did my private college.
My experience at Essex County College has been amazing. I had great professors that helped me to move out of my ignorance phase. They thought me all I needed to know and I successfully completed my degree with honor and a 4.0 GPA. However, the school needs to be renovated to offer more comfort to students.
Essex County College is a fine institution in terms of some aspects, but if we keep those aside, there are some things for which improvements are to be needed.
1)Professors: Very good. Professors are very good. But the teaching would be much better if they used stuffs like presentation slides to teach subjects like history.

2)Academics: Fine. In some of the departments, I strongly suggest adding more people.

3)Campus food: Unsatisfactory. Maybe for some other people, it's a good food but I really think that it is not good.

4)Safety: Good. There is campus security every time and because there are more universities and residential apartments nearby, you can find police and security everywhere.

5)Athletics: There is a soccer team, a college gym, a fitness center and a basketball team as well. So, athletics and fitness, to sum up, are good.

Hope this will be helpful.
Some teachers are really great but some are the worst. Financial aid sucks. The school might be closed because they decided to take most of the students money.
Essex county is a good school but the campus lifestyle is terrible. There are not much activities for students in the school. Also, some teachers do not take the jobs seriously. It’s either they are late to class or their grading systems are poor.
School is close to everything. You can take various buses to the NJ Transit or Path Train to head to NYC
Professors are great and really seem to care about their students! Office staff at the West Essex Campus are great. Office Staff at the Newark Campus are a hit or miss, some are very rude and not helpful, some are great and super helpful.
I've been attending Essex County College for a couple of years now and my experience so far has varied. First let me start with academics offered, there are a lot of different opportunities for an individual to participate in, and all fields have a dedicated advisor to help you along it's all informative and very helpful. The location of the college isn't bad as well, it's located about 5 minutes from the general downtown area so there's plenty of shops to browse. The only problem I've had with Essex County College is a problem related to safety. On multiple occasions I've had people approach me who didn't even attend the college and try to solicit something from me. I'm not saying security is terrible but it could be improved.
I really dont like this school. The classroom enviornment are very poor in quality. The professors dont really show any interest in teaching. the students are very poor in attendance.
Start Your Review of Essex County College
Students are very welcoming but staff and faculty can be very challenging to deal with and some lack professionalism. Other than that Ive enjoyed my time at the school, it's been fast and straight forward.
I like it here! I'm a general science major and it's been interesting so far. I go to the West Essex Campus, and one of my professors even said that he liked this campus better than the one in Newark... lol.
When I first began at Essex County College, I was not really thrilled being there. But as time went by I observed how very dedicated and willing the professors are. They are very resourceful and caring, and most if not all are very willing to see you succeed. Best of all these professors are very highly qualified with masters and doctorate degrees. Unlike some of these charter schools, with some leaders and most teachers struggling with a bachelor's degree and thinking to themselves they are the 'World's Greatest'. thanks to those wonderful professors at Essex! I owe my educational success to you!