As one of the oldest and most prestigious church-related liberal arts college in the South, Erskine prizes academic rigor and Christian authenticity. Our graduates lead companies, influence professional fields, and make their mark on our culture in many other ways.
Since it was established by the Associate Reformed Presbyterian (ARP) Church in 1839, Erskine College has been committed to the principle that facts and values–learning and faith–are inseparable. With this foundation, Erskine is committed to developing the whole person as a lifelong learner, encouraging students to think critically about their academic studies, with minds and hearts open to the truth.
Each of Erskine’s degree programs can be customized by working with faculty to create a course of study that suits your personal and career interests. All of your classes will be taught by your professors, not by teaching assistants. Our student-faculty ratio is 11:1 and nearly all class sections have fewer than 25 students.
Erskine College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.12 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.13 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.12 responses
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.14 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.16 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.8 responses