Emporia State University Reviews

I transferred to ESU as a junior, so I did not get to spend a full four years there. However, my two years were great. As a music major, I played in the marching band, wind ensemble, orchestra, and flute choir. Sadly, the music department is underfunded and under appreciated. However, the music department is full of nice people, and the professors are always willing to help their students. It was also easy to earn a minor in another department (Spanish in my case).
During my time at Emporia State University, I was able to have dozens of opportunities that I would not have been able to have at other schools. Between being involved in Greek Life, half a dozen student organizations, and volunteering on campus, I loved my time on campus. ESU does a great job of helping students find internships and jobs when graduation approaches, which makes the transition out of ESU just as easy as the transition into ESU. Additionally, because ESU has the 2nd lowest student debt in the Midwest, is a College of Distinction, and has a 98% Job/Higher Education placement rate after graduation, it is easily the best school in the state of Kansas. Flat rate tuition is a life saver, allowing you to take an overload of credit hours and pay the same rate you would pay at 10 credit hours.
Safe campus. Not much diversity around town. Especially if you are from a different country and background. Professors are there and there. School don't really look to help student but look to take their money. Trash overall.
Start Your Review of Emporia State University
I took the schools business program. the advisors and most of the teachers were very good, I enjoyed attending classes and am proud to have graduated from this school. However, their financial aid department is a joke. they don't help you with anything there are constant changes and when you call to ask questions everyone sounds confused and you get put on hold for long periods of time because they have to figure out their own protocols. Not to mention they accidentally gave me 5 grand because of a glitch and if I had spent that money I would have owed it all directly to the school. i honestly don't know what these people are being payed for because every year I have to constantly call and check my own things and have them approved. Might as well shut it down if students have to do the entire thing themselves while the employees remain clueless.
Personally, I have loved being at Emporia State University! Most of the teachers here have been exceptional and really care about what they're teaching and helping students. Of course there has been the rare time where I had a teacher who wasn't a good teacher, but those teachers are gone now which shows the school takes pride in having great teachers at all times. The school is affordable which is great when paying yourself for school. Campus is also small enough that getting from class to class is easy. Because the school is small, I get any extra time with the teachers I need since they don't have as many students per class to manage. Overall, I really love my college!
ESU is a great 4 year university in Kansas that has great tuition rates. I took my general ed courses at a community college so unable to talk about those course at ESU, but my core classes were great. Class sizes were not big and I was not just a number. The professors in the physical sciences department and education department were great. All of the professors I had were always available and easy to talk to. The town of Emporia as a whole isn’t too big and reminded me of my hometown growing up. Great college.
I love how Emporia State University loves their sports. I am a sporty girl and I love sports as well, and being able to be myself in the stands along with everyone else, is so cool. I love how small it is, because it is super easy to make lifelong friends in just a short amount of time.
The art program is my home! I love all of my professors except maybe one. I feel like I've learned so much and I still have two years to go!
Taking online courses - instructors are very good at creating a virtual classroom environment. The scheduling is done in a fair manner and course offerings are relevant to my major
I love the small student to professor ratio and the awesome school population. There is always something going on at Emporia State and it is by far one of the best colleges in the Midwest
I haven't worked with ESU for very long, but I recommend familiarizing yourself with the admissions and financial aid process. I have had to call several times to ensure that my files move forward in the process. The people with whom I've spoken have been very helpful, but if I had never been through college before, I would be completely unaware of how to handle this.
The flat rate tuition is so great, the location is cool because there is a lot of nature, and less than 2 hours away from Wichita and Kansas City! I am continually impressed by the professors and GAs, I love the school spirit :)
I love the support from all of the professors at ESU. There is a family feel among all of the students and everyone wats you to succeed.
Currently a distance-education student. The program has been wonderful in obtaining my master's degree. Professors are proficient and have experience in the industry. Would recommend their distance-education program to others.
The university is amazing! The campus is very welcoming and makes you feel at home. The class sizes are not to big, and not to small. The professors are there for you to make sure you get the best education you deserve. Overall, Emporia State University was the best fit for me and my career choice as a teacher.
I have only been at Emporia State University for 2 years but I have loved every minute of it! The campus is beautiful and just small enough that it is easy to walk to all of your classes. All of my professors have been super helpful and will work with you on whatever you need. I highly recommend this school!
It is a beautiful campus. The advisors and teachers, financial aid, Library, and bookstore are all very accommodating and nice. Even during hectic times they never lose their niceness and that says a lot!
Start Your Review of Emporia State University
Emporia State is very diverse as well as accepting. The campus and over-all environment is friendly and full of life. The professors really seem to harness the one on one student relationships and make you seen as an individual. The only major downside is the food in the cafeteria. I lived in the Towers Residence Hall my freshman year and then came back as an RA the next year. It is a very open and safe environment. The dorms and campus provide many program opportunities varying from speakers to performers. As for the town life, it is on the more boring side. There is not a lot to do here other than local restaurants. This makes it easier to focus on academics though!
The campus is absolutely beautiful and the atmosphere is amazing! The town itself is fabulous and there is a lot of fun places to go and things to do in Emporia. I love the overall feeling of everything there and it's such an amazing place to be.
Emporia State is a great small town school, even though they are D2. Everything on campus is a convienent walk (15-20 minutes from front to back). The Teacher's College is nationally rank and the school of business is AACSB accredited. The campus has flat rate tuition and fees within that such as printing, laundry, and campus wifi. There will also be a new residential hall opening fall of 2019. Overall, I love going to school here and would not want to go anywhere else.