Emporia State University Reviews

I love the homey feel of Emporia State University. No matter where you are or what class you're in, there's always a familiar face. Living in the dorms isn't great but even in the dorms it feels like a community. We always have somewhere to call home even if we aren't close to home. One thing I would change is the food in the cafeteria because most of the time its some variation of a grilled cheese or some variation of a cheese burger. Overall Emporia State is a very good college that is very welcoming and nice.
I would like to say that Emporia State is one of the best colleges in Kansas. If you are looking for a great college experience, a lot of extra-curricular opportunities, excellent education, and significantly cheap tuition, Emporia State will be the place for you. This school has such a great learning environment, the people here are so nice and so embracing to one another. I have never thought that my experience in college would be that great.
Love the School, very safe and friendly environment. Teachers care about how youre doing in the class and outside the class. Food takes a lot better than most any other college food tastes, dorms are super nice and brand new.
Start Your Review of Emporia State University
I am from a small town and went to a tiny high school. I went to ESU and felt at home. The campus is absolutely spectacular and the class rooms are very nice also the food in cafeteria is great too!
I love the campus atmosphere, though I wish the food provider was different. The closeness of the buildings helps me to get to classes on time. The small class size allows me to have a better relationship with my professors, and feel more comfortable asking for help.
I thoroughly am enjoying Emporia State. Academics are great despite being a Division 2 school. Diversity and inclusion is phenomenal and progressive. There is not so much visual diversity, but there is a wave of understanding of diversity equity and inclusivity and an entire department dedicated to it. Athletics are great. There is a lot of money invested into Athletics and many of the teams reach state competitions. There is quite the variety of professors at Emporia State. There are some that are only interested in their career, but an equal amount are also dedicated to their students. Dorms are great. There is currently construction for a new upperclassmen dorm. Campus is beautiful and has an abundance of squirrels. The party scene is about average in Emporia with a 18+ club/bar and multiple 21+ bars. House parties are not a thing. The local area is very friendly, especially to students. The town has some big town/city amenities with a small town vibe.
Emporia State is a tremendous university and has benefited me in ways that I couldn't have imagined. The community itself is filled with friendly faces and generous people.
They have your best interest and want you to succeed. My adviser and Resident Assistants are amazing and help me step by step until I get what I needed. When I first applied I wouldn't have thought of such a great college. Students become family and staff becomes mentors. The professors are awesome, they don't want you to fail and are willing to give you extra chances if you are willing to try harder.
I love emporia state. campus is so pretty and I love the community on campus. It's small enough where I know quite a bit of people but still big enough that I don't feel well known.
I enjoyed Emporia State University for many reasons. One of them is that they have a great campus and it is very well put together. It seems that everything is in the right location for efficiency. The diversity of the students and staff is just fantastic. Everyone is very friendly and I look forward to attending Emporia State.
I love Emporia State and I'm not saying that just because I've lived here all my life. Emporia is so charming and lively. We always have something going on and the overall ESU campus is beautiful and inviting as well. You could walk outside and there would be a squirrel 5 feet away, it's awesome. If I were to have lived somewhere else and I had the choice to pick any university, I would still choose Emporia State. I like it because it's not too big and not too small, it's the perfect size so you can still get the help you need. It has a great nursing program and many sports and clubs you can get involved in. I also like how there are people from different backgrounds. I've only been at ESU for about half a year now and I honestly can't wait for the years ahead of me!
I like the environment and people. It is a very small town and has a very quite comfortable atmosphere.
Emporia State is a fantastic school! With smaller class sizes you get to connect with your professors and are not just a number. The flat rate tuition makes it easier to pursue your dreams quicker or learn something that you wouldn't consider taking if you were paying per credit hour. There are plenty of things to be a part of on campus. Undergraduate research is also supported which would rarely happen at a large campus.
I love this school. I was a residential assistant one year, president of a club the next, there are so many ways to get involved. Not to mention the learning environment is amazing. You get one on one attention with all of your professors if you take the effort to reach out and make the connection. everyone I have come in contact with in the community is excited to meet you and it is a really good atmosphere.
Emporia State University is a small, friendly campus with excellent professors that are willing to work with you one-on-one. Small class sizes mean more individualized time with your professors to ensure success. The campus is small but beautiful and well-maintained. It is easy to get from one building to another.
I like the small town atmosphere, while still being able to enjoy the conveniences of Walmart. It's nice to know most of your classmates, while also being able to drive a short distance to get necessities and random impulse buys. Living about an hour away from any major store is kind of a bummer.
Emporia State is a small college with friendly and helpful individuals. It has a very good football team and education system
Start Your Review of Emporia State University
This university is amazing and beautiful. There is a lot of diversity and an organization for everyone. The teachers are amazing and willing to help.
Emporia State University really transformed me. The friendly environment and wide range of student activities made it easy to meet people and make friends.
Life at Emporia State University has been a great experience for me. At Emporia, I didn't just get accepted into the school, but also got accepted into the community. The security rate at Emporia and the university to me is one of the best in America. The school is very safe for living that parents won't need to be worried about the children especially those from other countries like me. At Emporia, one can be rest assured to get the best quality education, learn from multiple cultures and traditions, get help when needed even from peer or community at large. Talk about funding, Emporia has also been rated among the top hundred most affordable schools and also of those that award the best funding. Low class size at Emporia also ensures that teachers know there students one on one and can always be there to help out when in need.