Emporia State University Reviews

I love how Emporia State University loves their sports. I am a sporty girl and I love sports as well, and being able to be myself in the stands along with everyone else, is so cool. I love how small it is, because it is super easy to make lifelong friends in just a short amount of time.
The art program is my home! I love all of my professors except maybe one. I feel like I've learned so much and I still have two years to go!
Taking online courses - instructors are very good at creating a virtual classroom environment. The scheduling is done in a fair manner and course offerings are relevant to my major
Start Your Review of Emporia State University
I love the small student to professor ratio and the awesome school population. There is always something going on at Emporia State and it is by far one of the best colleges in the Midwest
I haven't worked with ESU for very long, but I recommend familiarizing yourself with the admissions and financial aid process. I have had to call several times to ensure that my files move forward in the process. The people with whom I've spoken have been very helpful, but if I had never been through college before, I would be completely unaware of how to handle this.
The flat rate tuition is so great, the location is cool because there is a lot of nature, and less than 2 hours away from Wichita and Kansas City! I am continually impressed by the professors and GAs, I love the school spirit :)
I love the support from all of the professors at ESU. There is a family feel among all of the students and everyone wats you to succeed.
Currently a distance-education student. The program has been wonderful in obtaining my master's degree. Professors are proficient and have experience in the industry. Would recommend their distance-education program to others.
The university is amazing! The campus is very welcoming and makes you feel at home. The class sizes are not to big, and not to small. The professors are there for you to make sure you get the best education you deserve. Overall, Emporia State University was the best fit for me and my career choice as a teacher.
I have only been at Emporia State University for 2 years but I have loved every minute of it! The campus is beautiful and just small enough that it is easy to walk to all of your classes. All of my professors have been super helpful and will work with you on whatever you need. I highly recommend this school!
It is a beautiful campus. The advisors and teachers, financial aid, Library, and bookstore are all very accommodating and nice. Even during hectic times they never lose their niceness and that says a lot!
Emporia State is very diverse as well as accepting. The campus and over-all environment is friendly and full of life. The professors really seem to harness the one on one student relationships and make you seen as an individual. The only major downside is the food in the cafeteria. I lived in the Towers Residence Hall my freshman year and then came back as an RA the next year. It is a very open and safe environment. The dorms and campus provide many program opportunities varying from speakers to performers. As for the town life, it is on the more boring side. There is not a lot to do here other than local restaurants. This makes it easier to focus on academics though!
The campus is absolutely beautiful and the atmosphere is amazing! The town itself is fabulous and there is a lot of fun places to go and things to do in Emporia. I love the overall feeling of everything there and it's such an amazing place to be.
Emporia State is a great small town school, even though they are D2. Everything on campus is a convienent walk (15-20 minutes from front to back). The Teacher's College is nationally rank and the school of business is AACSB accredited. The campus has flat rate tuition and fees within that such as printing, laundry, and campus wifi. There will also be a new residential hall opening fall of 2019. Overall, I love going to school here and would not want to go anywhere else.
Everyone was really nice and the teachers sat down and talked to me about different ways I could go with the career I wanted
The small class size is great, your professors get to know you and you get to know your professors. Sometimes the class selection is limited depending on your major, just because it is a smaller university. It is a great place to get your undergrad though. And the cost is ver affordable.
Emporia State's environment is one to remember. The college is an average sized Division 2 school, but has the environment and student involvement as a Division 1 University. One can tell that everyone on campus is there for a reason and it is to succeed farther in their education and meet their career goals. The faculty is excellent when it comes to making sure students are there and engaged in order to keep them motivated as well. Emporia State is an excellent campus and an excellent place to get one's degree.
Start Your Review of Emporia State University
Emporia is exactly a place to be for students who is pursuing a teaching degree. I have found the campus is where I have met several friendly students. I have meet professors who were willing to help and support you.
This university is great!! The teachers are very helpful and nice. You won't be disappointed. I am from Emporia and the town is very nice but it can get boring. Not much variety for shopping. The bars are a lot of fun. Emporia State will give you a great education and the sport events are a tradition. Watching the Lady Hornets and Hornets play basketball are so much fun!! Football is starting to make a comeback and tailgating is amazing!!
I love the home town atmosphere that Emporia State has to offer. As a student you don't get lost in the crowd like other universities. You have endless opportunities to get involved and have fun.