Emporia State University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Assoc
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.64 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.63 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.63 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.55 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.69 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.46 responses
Emporia State University Reviews
Emporia State is very diverse as well as accepting. The campus and over-all environment is friendly and full of life. The professors really seem to harness the one on one student relationships and make you seen as an individual. The only major downside is the food in the cafeteria. I lived in the Towers Residence Hall my freshman year and then came back as an RA the next year. It is a very open and safe environment. The dorms and campus provide many program opportunities varying from speakers to performers. As for the town life, it is on the more boring side. There is not a lot to do here other than local restaurants. This makes it easier to focus on academics though!
I love Emporia State and I'm not saying that just because I've lived here all my life. Emporia is so charming and lively. We always have something going on and the overall ESU campus is beautiful and inviting as well. You could walk outside and there would be a squirrel 5 feet away, it's awesome. If I were to have lived somewhere else and I had the choice to pick any university, I would still choose Emporia State. I like it because it's not too big and not too small, it's the perfect size so you can still get the help you need. It has a great nursing program and many sports and clubs you can get involved in. I also like how there are people from different backgrounds. I've only been at ESU for about half a year now and I honestly can't wait for the years ahead of me!
The university is amazing! The campus is very welcoming and makes you feel at home. The class sizes are not to big, and not to small. The professors are there for you to make sure you get the best education you deserve. Overall, Emporia State University was the best fit for me and my career choice as a teacher.