Emory University Reviews

1,425 reviews
The education is phenomenal and the students here are very interesting and exciting to be around. The party scene and athletics however, are not good. It is in a great location and is a beautiful area.
Emory University has a beautiful campus full of amazing professors and friendly students. The food options are a bit limited and there is heavy construction going on so the dining hall is a temporary one. It is not a party school but there are parties on weekends and places to go to in nearby Midtown Atlanta. The school is heavily diverse, which I love, and there is always some event to go to either on campus, or through a campus shuttle in the city.
Amazing professors. The school of nursing provides excellent clinical experiences for students. The food on campus is delicious and caters to many specialized diets.
Start Your Review of Emory University
I enjoy the extensive diversity of the student body and the determination of the faculty to make the students successful. Especially the financial aid is very useful when they can offer $60K+ to allow people to attend their university.
I was delightfully surprised by the diversity at Emory, especially coming from NYC to the South. The campus is gorgeous and the students are very active in many of the activities on campus; I was happy to find a strong student activism scene as well. I'm disappointed by how the student organizations work at the school, though, as most clubs don't have regularly scheduled meetings. It's difficult to find a community in the beginning of the year because of this, but as the year goes on, it becomes easier to befriend others, especially the ones in the residence halls.
I didn't visit the campus until move-in day, but the first day felt like home. I love the conversations I can have with anyone. Emory is an elite school, but it is not competitive; everyone is willing to help each other grow. I cannot imagine myself anywhere else.
Emory has been a fun and challenging school to attend. I have learned a lot from my professors and have made meaningful relationships with my faculty. The campus administration works hard to create an educational environment that suits all students. The campus life is great for a DIII school. There are SO MANY student organizations and clubs to join, and Greek Life is vibrant on campus. Almost every student is involved in 2-3 activities. Overall, Emory has been a wonderful school where I have been challenged academically and socially, and have had fun along the way.
A great school with lots of faculty support, student resources, and friendly staff! This is the place to be if you value healthy, long-lasting friendships and a fair beginning to a new chapter in your life.
I found Emory University to be rigorous in terms of academics. The professors are readily available, supportive, and they encouraged meetings during office hours. I like the fact that there are a lot of student-run organizations. There are also a lot of on-campus events that make weekends and even finals week more enjoyable.
Emory's atmosphere is very welcoming and uplifting. I have never felt unsafe at campus and have always been able to find help or someone to talk to. I'm glad to have chosen to come here and the professors and academic life is definitely worth it.
If I could go back to undergrad and decide again where to go to college, I would absolutely choose Emory again. I was very fortunate to learn from great professors who clearly were very interested both in the subjects they taught as well as their students.
During my time at Emory University, I enjoyed the diversity in the student population, relatively small class size with helpful professor office hours, and significant financial aid coverage throughout my four years. A major drawback at this institution was that some professors were unable to clearly explain concepts in upper level chemistry courses.
Emory offers a challenging environment to help students learn and grow. There are many fun and interesting classes to take such as a theater class with Mr. Adam Fristoe from vampire diaries! Being in such a fun city as Atlanta also offers a fun environment.
Emory University has great professors and the school itself is amazing. Two things that Emory could definitely work on would be teaching students how to use the shuttles and providing better food to the students.
Very accessible professors with a lot of research opportunities, especially for those interested in medicine and public health. Atlanta is a great place to live and to learn with a lot of local history and close access to nature
I am so gracious to have the opportunity to attend Emory University. With the amazing faculty and staff, research opportunities, and course variety, I have been throughly pleased with my choice to attend. Emory is a great balance between being a research institution and providing a liberal arts education. If you want a primarily liberal arts education, this is not the place to be. I do think that you can make a schedule that explores education and fulfills your general education requirements.
I've found that Emory has a lot of great resources to offer in terms of classes as well as business connections, but I was underwhelmed by it diversity and culture. Though it strives to be inclusive, I have often found myself disillusioned by the lack of variety of different types of people I meet.
Start Your Review of Emory University
Such a great community on campus including students, professors and the other staff around campus. Wouldn't want to spend my four years any where else.
Because of the campus, people, and opportunities, Emory is truly an incredible university! The campus is definitely one of the most beautiful and safest campuses I have seen. New buildings are constantly being built and old buildings are being remolded. The people are truly the heart of the institution. Students and faculty provide a welcoming and intellectually stimulating environment.
Emory University provides excellent academics to its diverse student body. Being part of Emory, it is both competitive and rewarding. It provides great resources and benefits to all its students, faculty, and staff members.