Emory University Reviews

1,407 reviews
i like writing reviews because its cool and this is my first on niche i think reviews can end world hunger and bring world peace hindustan i am topper in my maths and english
Emory University is a great place if you are looking for community, no matter your background. Everyone is welcome here. There is a club for anything you might be interested in. Most of all, the surrounding area is loaded with numerous activities and opportunities for students when exploring off campus.
I did like that it was close to my home and the school was very close as well as i felt that the teachers were connected to me more than other collages with up to 200 students in one class.
Start Your Review of Emory University
Emory is a great school for the academics and its beautiful campus. However, the student body is not that diverse, there is not much school spirit, and sometimes hard to integrate.
Emory is a very large campus with some very good aspects to it (professor availability, student involvement, etc), but it also has some drawbacks. You can definitely feel the "Ivy-wannabe" vibe from a lot of the students here, and there aren't a lot of opportunities to actually do research. The vast majority of research is conducted by graduate students and some professors, which is understandable, but they don't really give any opportunities for undergraduate students to engage in research other than being a research participant.
It is a great experience for four years. I enjoyed my classes, the campus, and the people that I came in contact with. I can't wait to experience the rest of my college years!
Emory University is a well-renown college with high rate academic excellence and leading healthcare initiatives. I would like to see more diversity initiatives.
It has a very nice campus, and does not seem like it is located the middle of Atlanta. Emory offers many opportunities to its students and believes in putting the students first.
I visited multiple universities during interviews for the Physician Assistant program. Emory University was hands down the most impressive program I visited. The facilities are top-notch, but honestly it was the faculty and staff that sold me. I could tell that they genuinely cared about selecting the best overall "person" for their program. What I mean by this, is that may places I visited only saw me as numbers and figures of GPA's and test scores, they didn't really look past that. Emory wanted to really get to know what type of a human being I was, and asked questions that indicated what type of character I possessed.
The main complaint I hear around campus is that the food just isn't good. OF course there are alternative dining options to the main hall, but if you have to use your meal swipes, you're kind of stuck.
Professors are hit or miss in that a good one is really really good and a bad one...yikes. Most students here are pre-med and struggle through many large and sometimes not at well taught classes in chemistry and math. Outside of the great resources for pre med students in the area, I don't think the actual education they get is all that different from one you could get at a much more affordable state school.
If you're like me and you stick to smaller programs like psychology and creative writing, the professors tend to be much better.
I attended Emory University from Fall 2013 to Spring 2017. My major was Neuroscience & Behavioral Biology, and I was very involved on and off campus during my time there in various extracurricular activities and student organizations. The school is great and filled with students who are pursuing graduate school degrees, whether that be in medicine or law, and the business school also has great connections and job placements after graduation.

My experience at Emory was very positive; the academic environment is challenging, but fair, and you always feel like you have the resources to do well. The one aspect of Emory that I would like to see improved is the student body and school spirit. There are great benefits of interracial dialogue and activism on campus, but students can tend to form groups and 'bubbles' on campus because of this as well. It doesn't help that Emory doesn't have a football team or prominent sports team either, but overall, Emory was a great academic experience.
The academics are very good, all the professors I've had have been easy to understand, communicate with, and incredibly insightful. The food is definitely below par, but the campus overall is good.
Overall, my experience at Emory University has been a positive one. The academic rigor exceeded my expectations. Emory has Atlanta for a background neighborhood. I have had incredible conversations with people across the world. As a university, it is one of the best in the US.
Oxford College of Emory University has professors that are engaging and compassionate. However, Oxford College is very small and secluded. There are not a lot of activities at or around Oxford, so it can be pretty mundane and lonely. Moving to the main campus in Atlanta will be very refreshing to have more access to restaurants, people, activities, etc.
I like the professors at Emory because I feel that they are dedicated to ensuring that the students learn the materials versus a bigger state school where there is not as much focus on every student. I also like the campus when it isn't under so much construction, and I think having access to Atlanta is a bonus. I think the campus food could be improved, as well as some of the older dorms.
Being in Emory University, I've enjoyed the close yet large community this school has to offer. As it is a medium sized school, there is the closeness you can have within a community but also enough space to choose what type of community you want to place yourself in.
I'm on the Oxford campus right now, and while it is very small, it is beautiful. The academics are rigorous. I feel very safe and comfortable. The dining options are mediocre, as Oxford is rather isolated, but this isn't such a problem at the main campus. However, Emory is not the place to be if your parents make a lot of money but won't help you pay for college; I'm in a financial rut, and I know others who are also going to have trouble affording Emory in the coming years.
Start Your Review of Emory University
Love the area and professors are very knowledgeable in their fields. Academically challenging but great choice for school!
Emory has a wonderful learning environment, perfect for students who want to study and go on to better opportunities. The Atlanta area has many companies that come frequently to find talent, so there are few reasons for not making use of Emory's reputation and location. The professors are wonderful, and the curriculum adequately prepares you for success, no matter where you end up.
Its one of the best schools to go to. I want to go here because of the BSN program they have but, my cousin goes there .