Emmanuel College - Massachusetts Reviews

Emmanuel’s campus is very pretty but small at the same time. The teachers are nice and really caring.
I like the small campus with smaller classes. The food is pretty good and there is plenty of opportunities for learning new things and exploring the city. I am not a big fan of the number of class options. There are many different classes available, but some are only available during certain semesters, which makes it hard to fully plan out your schedule for the upcoming 4 years. I also wish the quality of the dorms were a little higher. There is also not many options for housing on campus.
Emmanuel College is a very small college in the heart of Boston, MA. Being such a small college comes with a number of benefits and drawbacks. Some things I love about Emmanuel are the location, the sense of community, and the convenience of a small campus. You could not ask for a better location for this school with only a short walk to Fenway park, Newbury street, and a short T ride away from downtown Boston. Also Boston is a huge college town, especially in the area Emmanuel is located with Boston University, Simmons, Wentworth, Northeastern and many more just walking distance from campus it really does feel like this area is just one big college campus. Some drawbacks of a small college however are that it can be hard socially to find your group of people, as small colleges tend to form cliques and feel a little like high school. Also, for some people it could be a drawback that you don't get the typical large university experiences like football games and greek life.
Start Your Review of Emmanuel College - Massachusetts
I love the small number of students, which allows for a wonderful student/teacher ratio. almost every professor has their PhD, which I find challenging.
It is what you make of it, being in the city is great but if you are looking to be pushed mentally this may not be the right fit. The close vicinity to the best Boston has to offer is the biggest selling point for this college, although it is primarily made up of groups surrounding the underperforming men's sports team(s)
I like the tight knit community that Emmanuel has. The professors are incredibly nice. Though, there aren't as many opportunities given as if you went to a bigger school, and you have to search and sort of beg for opportunities. I would also like to see if Emmanuel could implement a scaling system much like other colleges. I am afraid that my grad school applications will look worse than others because other schools scale, even if we had the same performance, but their grades were scaled up. The area of Emmanuel is also amazing, especially for students who are interested in the sciences.
I love Emmanuel! I think there are always plenty of things to do on campus or in the great city of Boston! Also, the faculty and staff really care about the students and because it is such a small school, it is easy to form close bonds with each other.
The education is phenomenal. The classes are very informative, detailed as well as push you to do put in a lot of time and effort. Yet, I believe the school lacks diversity. I think the change in the population of the student body would truly make Emmanuel College an even better overall community.
Class sizes are small which allows for teachers and students to connect on a personal level. The ARC which is the tutoring center offers a variety of help for any student that is struggling in a subject or needs clarification on a particular topic. They also offer many study sessions.
Emmanuel College is a 4 year Liberal Arts school in the Fenway area of Boston. It is a small school, which makes it very easy to get to know your classmates well and develop a relationship with professors that wouldn't be possible in a large university.
I love the small school feel right in the heart of a big vibrant city. It loses a star because the dinning plan is very much lacking.
Overall, I've really enjoyed my experience at Emmanuel College. It has a great, small campus placed in such as nice area in Fenway. With a smaller campus, it's easier to connect with and seek the help of professors. The other students are also very friendly. Another aspect of Emmanuel that I like is that it is accessible for disabled students. Not only are there elevators in every building, but there are services provided to aid those that need accommodations. As a commuter, I also feel as though there are many attempts made to include commuter into campus life and on campus activities. While Emmanuel does have many diverse clubs, I still feel as though there is a lack diversity. I'm very use to living in diverse areas and going to diverse schools. Emmanuel definitely makes an effort to be inclusive, but sometimes it can be tough when you are often the only person of color in the classroom. That being said, I've had a great experience at Emmanuel so far.
Overall, my experience at Emmanuel College has been great. The college has a lot to offer for students that enjoy being involved around campus. Even though it is a small school, there are various clubs and organizations to join, and there are many events planned for students to participate in during their time at Emmanuel. Also, by being located in the city, students get the opportunity to explore Boston and spend time off-campus.
Emmanuel College is a small campus in a big city which gives it the advantage of being a small knitted community with the connections a huge, but distant community college would have. However, I will say that it is not as diverse as they try to advertise. However, despite this fact, the friends that I do find are worth it.
I loved orientation and am thus far very excited to be attending the school in the fall. Everyone seems very open and welcoming.
I am a parent whose daughter attended. If your child wants to be challenged academically by his/her peers this is probably not the right school. Our daughter transferred after her second year to another college and she is very happy now. Most of the students are there to party not to study. The administration is good but not great. New administration is needed at the top - been there for a long time. The campus is in a wonderful location and more spiritual based volunteer opportunities need to be explored. This campus has the potential to be incredible but the location was the only stellar feature we experienced. The food was good - that was another plus.
Emmanuel it as close community based liberal arts school in the heart of Boston. It's focus on so many different career paths and majors allows students to experiment and explore all of their possible interests. Being a part of Colleges of the Fenway also allows students to take classes at many other institutions all over Boston.
Start Your Review of Emmanuel College - Massachusetts
I love the location of Emmanuel. Its amazing to be surrounded by all the hospitals. Its inspiring especially because I want to have a career in the medical field. I love the small classroom sizes. It makes getting help from professors very easy and they are able to get to know you. What I don't like is that there isn't enough handicap parking and there are a lot of stairs.
I absolutely love this school. The campus setting is small, but you get to know people from a lot of different majors and grades. The different clubs and organizations are very welcoming and positive. Being so close to the center of Boston there are so many opportunities to explore the city with friends and to find internships and off-campus jobs.
Even though I am just halfway through my first semester here at Emmanuel College, I knew from the moment I stepped onto the campus, I would want to spend the rest of my time here and earn my degree(s) from here. There is a such of community, but also leadership.