Emerson College Reviews

1,024 reviews
Emerson is an amazing liberal arts school that offers a unique and competitive academic atmosphere for students.
As a journalism major, I love Emerson College for all the opportunities it gives me. The only downside to the school is the overwhelming price, but with financial aid it can be manageable. I highly recommend Emerson College.
The college is very welcoming to everyone and the people are wonderful. The only this I think they should have is dorms for all four years of college.
Start Your Review of Emerson College
As a gender minority, it has been very easy for me to spend my time in Emerson College. I just wish that they give better accesses to filming equipment for all students.
I've only gone to visit the school and it was amazing, the students there are really nice and helped my way around the city.
It's an amazing school for academics. I'm a broadcast journalism major, and the material I learn each and every class makes me confident in not only what I want to be but reminds me how lucky I am to go to a school that is ranked #1 for journalism. The social scene is the biggest con for me, it's not a party school- at all.
Emerson is what you make of it. You either love it or hate it depending on your attitude. there is a lot of stuff to do outside of the campus physically and mentally. I've met a lot of cool people and grown as a person by going to Emerson. Everyone is very creative, independent, and driven. Sometimes people are fake and annoying but whatever just don't talk to them. Also, having on your resume that you went to Emerson is a huge bonus, people will most likely hire you even if you're dumb. expensive, but worth it if you're able to afford it. try to join as many orgs as you can, because that will be the best part of college. don't stay confined to the emerson bubble, go out and meet new people around the city, try to get a job that isn't close to campus, you will meet a lot of new, older people that way. overall, I had a good time at emerson but that's because I didn't stress about the politics and drama at school and just did my own thing.
Emerson is my dream school and it’s an amazing expirience! It’s in an amazing part of Boston with a number of things to do at all
times. I don’t think anything needs to change except for trivial things that every college has small issues with such as the size of dorms but they’re not uncomfortable! There’s a world of opportunities to be had outside of the school and great job oppurtinities for graduates! The study abroad is out of this world! I wouldn’t do school any other way
The people at Emerson are so welcoming and are always there to help out. When I first visited I got endless amounts of smiles and I never felt out of place.
Lovely campus in the heart of the city. Helpful and knowledgeable faculty. Lots of opportunities for students!
Emerson is a beautiful campus in a great city, but the people here are awful. They are so liberal, most jokes are regarded as offensive, and this is nonsensical to me considering they are one of two schools in the country offering a Comedic Arts major. People here are just spoiled, stuck-up snobs. I went from being someone in high school who was popular to a loner. Clubs are competitive to get into (at least major-specific, like a capella groups and editing clubs.) If you are super liberal and easily offended, you'll fit in great here. But if you are an intelligent, creative individual who is open-minded and can take a joke, you'll be censored by the political correctness surrounding everything Emerson. Classes are fun. The food is pretty good and I'm a food snob. Dorms are pretty. I just wish I knew what I'm telling you before I came here because I wouldn't've come.
Emerson College is amazing if you want to expand your network. Essentially, you pay for your connections, not necessarily the education. While you do learn a lot her, it's not all academics. Much of our majors are trades and therefore we learn by doing. It's hard to sit in a classroom and learn about the history of journalism or the history of films and not create our own. We have a primitive location in downtown Boston that gives us access to so many opportunities as well as a great view from our dorm rooms. The faculty are very welcoming and want to help you succeed in your field.
Not bad but not great. This college was very expensive for so-so courses. I honestly had better teachers at my local community college (and those were all free).
I'm a second-year student at Emerson with a Communication Sciences and Disorders major. While major-specific classes are well-taught, our tuition is overly high since only 60% of what we pay for tuition is actually used for classes. The other 40% is for fun stuff and clubs for only 3 of all the majors at Emerson - film, theatre, and journalism. It's resources are only given to students in these majors, all other students have little-to-no resources other than classes themselves. There are very few clubs or opportunities for other students, and with an extreme lack of a real campus the school has no real place for students not involved in the three top majors. Also, while accepting of LBGQT students, Emerson has no diversity regarding people of color. In addition, it's food is terrible - several students have gotten food poisoning, sometimes having to be hospitalized - and other than spending millions of dollars on a new dining facility, nothing has been done to improve the food.
Emerson College provides great education for careers in communication and the arts. Students get hand-on experience in their respective fields that help to prepare them for the real world. Professors are often working professionals who help to add a real-world perspective to many classes.
When I visited, I knew immediately that it was where I wanted to spend the next 4 years of my life! The students there were so diverse and it seemed like such a tight-nit community. I attended a public relations class and it was extremely interactive and educational. Their athletics are not the best, but they made it clear that it was something that they were constantly trying to improve!
The staff are very eager to help with admission problems, and their website is very easy to navigate and shows exactly what you need to apply.
Start Your Review of Emerson College
Emerson focuses more on networking than standard academics , but only if you are interested in media arts is it effective. I chose to attend as journalism major, and did not get the necessary lessons or connects that the school emphasizes. The professors are kind and will do a lot to help you, but the administration and advisors not so much.
While it seems like everyone is doing fifteen clubs and going to parties all the time, once you find your people it becomes considerably less overwhelming and you can find your groove.
Because there's no actual campus and the population is very small, it's very difficult to find a community outside of your suite unless you're in a club or group. That was my serious struggle first semester. However, second semester of freshman year, I got into an a cappella group, and through them, was somehow connected to everyone else at school. Having this community makes everything feel better.