Emerson College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.61 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.60 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.60 responses
Most Popular Majors
Cinematography and Video Production202 Graduates
Radio, Television, and Digital Communication175 Graduates
Creative Writing132 Graduates
Drama and Theatre Production90 Graduates
Communication Disorders23 Graduates
Theatre Design18 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.71 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.93 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.38 responses
Emerson College Reviews
My four years at Emerson gave me great friends, helped shape my worldview, and greatly contributed to my career trajectory. The amount of opportunity there, both in and out of classes, is endless. The Emerson connections aren't a myth and the name is recognized outside the film/TV industry as well. I was a marketing communications major and I can't count how many times people in the marketing/advertising industry called out, recognized, and asked me about my school during internship interviews and networking events. After participating in an internship for credit at a Boston agency during my senior year, I received a job offer right before graduation, and I've been very happy there since!
When I visited, I knew immediately that it was where I wanted to spend the next 4 years of my life! The students there were so diverse and it seemed like such a tight-nit community. I attended a public relations class and it was extremely interactive and educational. Their athletics are not the best, but they made it clear that it was something that they were constantly trying to improve!
I'm a second-year student at Emerson with a Communication Sciences and Disorders major. While major-specific classes are well-taught, our tuition is overly high since only 60% of what we pay for tuition is actually used for classes. The other 40% is for fun stuff and clubs for only 3 of all the majors at Emerson - film, theatre, and journalism. It's resources are only given to students in these majors, all other students have little-to-no resources other than classes themselves. There are very few clubs or opportunities for other students, and with an extreme lack of a real campus the school has no real place for students not involved in the three top majors. Also, while accepting of LBGQT students, Emerson has no diversity regarding people of color. In addition, it's food is terrible - several students have gotten food poisoning, sometimes having to be hospitalized - and other than spending millions of dollars on a new dining facility, nothing has been done to improve the food.