Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Prescott Reviews

Just started ERAU. Professors are very happy to be there, want to teach. Classes are hard, but tutoring available (included in tuition). Dorms are cramped (in a 3 person room), they are building a new dorm.
Great university. Small classes. Professors are knowledgeable and professional. - And always teach classes. No TAs teaching. Lots of hiking/outdoor recreation around campus.
I love attending Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. I have achieved a higher level of knowledge from the specialized courses that I've taken so far. Most professors are really organized and helpful. All professors are required to have a minimum set of office hours per week. Most professors have a passion for the subject that they teach, which make the classes more enjoyable. The school is very academically focused. My experiences at Embry-Riddle will help me stand out from other job applicants in the field of my study. The school is very well-known to the aviation and engineering fields, so it may be easier to find a job after graduating. My degree, Forensic Psychology, is fairly new, so it has not developed as well as other degree programs. When we have a career fair every semester, where companies come to the school to meet the students, there are not many networking opportunities for Forensic Psychology majors. That will most likely improve over time, however.
Start Your Review of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Prescott
Embry-Riddle is an excellent and outstanding university to experience. The entire campus is academically driven and faculty and staff invests heavily into the students. The abundant resources and opportunities offered is unique and diverse. The professors are more than qualified and have excellent work history, career experience, and dedication in the students. It is completely a hidden gem in Arizona as I personally consider it to be at the same level as any and all ivy league institutions across the nation.
Great school that professors teach at. Wish the pricing was less and allowed for better student engagement. The school gets all four seasons and allows for great times. There is not much partying at the school and more on the academic side. The school is great at helping students get a job.
Best school in the United States! I fell in love with this school the second I got in. All the students and staff are brilliant and very polite, the classes are excellent with amazing student-teacher one on one. The campus is really nice as well as the dorms, the dorm neighbors are always polite and everyone is respectful. The level of the academics is outstanding and all teachers always make you do your best. Very international student friendly, national students treat us kindly and with great respect. Teachers pay close attention to all their students and help them out in every way possible. The campus is very safe and the studying environment is outstanding.
Embry has excellent teachers and is overall a great experience. However, it is absurdly expensive, the flying program is lacking instructors, and the food have gotten my friends food poisoning many times last semester. Once you make it through though, you will have the massive debt paid in a decently short amount of time.
For my first year at attending this school I really enjoyed how welcoming the people were. Most people are easy to talk to and will answer any question you have. The campus may be a bit small but it makes it easier to get from class to class. Teachers are great at making time available for their students' education. The dinning hall was great at the beginning of the school year but overtime students get tired of the same food and there became less food options.
I transferred to Embry-Riddle from a big state school and I'm so happy I made the choice to switch. The classes are tiny and you can actually get the help you need compared to 400+ student lecture rooms. The professors actually get to know you and learn your name, which comes in useful later. There's a lot of organizations and clubs to join despite the small student size, too.
However, the dorming isn't the best, there's not enough social activities, and some of the staff clearly isn't happy teaching. The campus is very tiny, too, with not a lot a students who aren't always the most social.
I love Embry Riddle because the professors are great at their jobs and teach the specific subject perfectly. I love how open the campus is and everyone there is nice and respectful. One thing I would like to change is for the school to provide teachers who have experience teacher the specific subject that they are trying to teach their students.
I'm trans. That always makes life difficult, but surprisingly, ERAU handles it well. You're allowed to put a preferred name in the system and that's what will show up on the attendance.
You can also room with people of your gender identity.
Fair warning: ERAU is a pretty conservative campus, so there's a number of people who are against us. But I assure you that there are plenty of allies in the faculty and staff who are here to help us. Also there are a lot more LGBT students than I expected and we essentially act as a family. You won't feel out of place here.
So if you're a trans student looking into ERAU, know that you'll be safe here and still have a great experience. I agree for the most part with other reviews on here, so take a look at those as well. I just wanna help any possible incoming trans students because I know I wish I could have seen a review like this.
Very professional setting, where the institution puts its money where its mouth is. Programs are goal focused and there is no messing around.
So Far the oportunities that Embrr gives to the stundetns pursuing a undergrad program are limitless, the expirence given in the lab by professors is unique and really goes into a hand-to-hand teaching rather than sticking to following procedures. Overall, I feel like embry is the right place to be.
Embry Riddle is a great school, however I do not believe that the tuition is very justifiable. The faculty-student ratio is fantastic and each professors' enthusiasm to their subject is electrifying. I would love to see the tuition drop to at least $30,000.
I rate this college 100% in the rating. It is the 1st Aeronautical College rated by US News, and is guaranteed to get you a job after you graduate. If I were you, apply to this school, and the benefits you will get.
The staff at Embry Riddle is very welcoming and they keep the campus clean, there are great people that attend the school and the school has a high GPA average which pushes others to work hard as well.
It is a smaller campus, but very easy to connect with others. Professors know you on a personal level and are always willing to go out of their way to help. If you like all things planes, this is the place for you!
Start Your Review of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Prescott
The school is amazing but I felt as though I had to give it a low score simply for the housing department. I had chosen my room and roommate and signed a contract for the room. My roommate and I were separated because they changed our room to an RAs room and we were never informed we spent a month calling every day to get back in the same room but were to call back the next day only to be told a week before the start of the year that they could do nothing and we should have called ahead of time.
ERAU-Prescott is known as a piloting school, but in recent years has fixated on STEM education; particularly aerospace engineering. Their engineering programs rival those of MIT, Georgia Tech, and CalPoly, boasting a blend of a traditional 4 year degree with a trade school environment. Students learn in small classroom settings (1:20) that cater to kinesthetic learners, some of whom have ADD, ADHD, or fall on the Autism spectrum. Freshmen are given invaluable opportunities building robots, satellites, and rockets in their first semester attending, and with the rigorous course load, offers students a 99% job place rate within one year after graduation. While ERAU has extensive educational prospects, this University is not for everyone. Students struggle feeling connected to the town, which is a retirement community. Even so, many ERAU employees are working with the city to build community bridges and bring more engineering businesses to Prescott for internship and job opportunities.
A great school if you are academic focused and career oriented. Also if you know what you want to do in life. If you are unsure of major this is not the school for you. Professors have great real life experience and class size is small. Lots of resources to help you focus on school. Parties and other fun activities are very limited especially compared to bigger schools, so don't come here of you are going to college to party.