Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Prescott Reviews

Best school in the United States! I fell in love with this school the second I got in. All the students and staff are brilliant and very polite, the classes are excellent with amazing student-teacher one on one. The campus is really nice as well as the dorms, the dorm neighbors are always polite and everyone is respectful. The level of the academics is outstanding and all teachers always make you do your best. Very international student friendly, national students treat us kindly and with great respect. Teachers pay close attention to all their students and help them out in every way possible. The campus is very safe and the studying environment is outstanding.
Embry has excellent teachers and is overall a great experience. However, it is absurdly expensive, the flying program is lacking instructors, and the food have gotten my friends food poisoning many times last semester. Once you make it through though, you will have the massive debt paid in a decently short amount of time.
For my first year at attending this school I really enjoyed how welcoming the people were. Most people are easy to talk to and will answer any question you have. The campus may be a bit small but it makes it easier to get from class to class. Teachers are great at making time available for their students' education. The dinning hall was great at the beginning of the school year but overtime students get tired of the same food and there became less food options.
Start Your Review of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Prescott
I transferred to Embry-Riddle from a big state school and I'm so happy I made the choice to switch. The classes are tiny and you can actually get the help you need compared to 400+ student lecture rooms. The professors actually get to know you and learn your name, which comes in useful later. There's a lot of organizations and clubs to join despite the small student size, too.
However, the dorming isn't the best, there's not enough social activities, and some of the staff clearly isn't happy teaching. The campus is very tiny, too, with not a lot a students who aren't always the most social.
I love Embry Riddle because the professors are great at their jobs and teach the specific subject perfectly. I love how open the campus is and everyone there is nice and respectful. One thing I would like to change is for the school to provide teachers who have experience teacher the specific subject that they are trying to teach their students.
I'm trans. That always makes life difficult, but surprisingly, ERAU handles it well. You're allowed to put a preferred name in the system and that's what will show up on the attendance.
You can also room with people of your gender identity.
Fair warning: ERAU is a pretty conservative campus, so there's a number of people who are against us. But I assure you that there are plenty of allies in the faculty and staff who are here to help us. Also there are a lot more LGBT students than I expected and we essentially act as a family. You won't feel out of place here.
So if you're a trans student looking into ERAU, know that you'll be safe here and still have a great experience. I agree for the most part with other reviews on here, so take a look at those as well. I just wanna help any possible incoming trans students because I know I wish I could have seen a review like this.
Very professional setting, where the institution puts its money where its mouth is. Programs are goal focused and there is no messing around.
So Far the oportunities that Embrr gives to the stundetns pursuing a undergrad program are limitless, the expirence given in the lab by professors is unique and really goes into a hand-to-hand teaching rather than sticking to following procedures. Overall, I feel like embry is the right place to be.
Embry Riddle is a great school, however I do not believe that the tuition is very justifiable. The faculty-student ratio is fantastic and each professors' enthusiasm to their subject is electrifying. I would love to see the tuition drop to at least $30,000.
I rate this college 100% in the rating. It is the 1st Aeronautical College rated by US News, and is guaranteed to get you a job after you graduate. If I were you, apply to this school, and the benefits you will get.
The staff at Embry Riddle is very welcoming and they keep the campus clean, there are great people that attend the school and the school has a high GPA average which pushes others to work hard as well.
It is a smaller campus, but very easy to connect with others. Professors know you on a personal level and are always willing to go out of their way to help. If you like all things planes, this is the place for you!
The school is amazing but I felt as though I had to give it a low score simply for the housing department. I had chosen my room and roommate and signed a contract for the room. My roommate and I were separated because they changed our room to an RAs room and we were never informed we spent a month calling every day to get back in the same room but were to call back the next day only to be told a week before the start of the year that they could do nothing and we should have called ahead of time.
ERAU-Prescott is known as a piloting school, but in recent years has fixated on STEM education; particularly aerospace engineering. Their engineering programs rival those of MIT, Georgia Tech, and CalPoly, boasting a blend of a traditional 4 year degree with a trade school environment. Students learn in small classroom settings (1:20) that cater to kinesthetic learners, some of whom have ADD, ADHD, or fall on the Autism spectrum. Freshmen are given invaluable opportunities building robots, satellites, and rockets in their first semester attending, and with the rigorous course load, offers students a 99% job place rate within one year after graduation. While ERAU has extensive educational prospects, this University is not for everyone. Students struggle feeling connected to the town, which is a retirement community. Even so, many ERAU employees are working with the city to build community bridges and bring more engineering businesses to Prescott for internship and job opportunities.
A great school if you are academic focused and career oriented. Also if you know what you want to do in life. If you are unsure of major this is not the school for you. Professors have great real life experience and class size is small. Lots of resources to help you focus on school. Parties and other fun activities are very limited especially compared to bigger schools, so don't come here of you are going to college to party.
This university is super welcoming and comfortable. I have never not felt safe walking around campus (even late at night), and it overall pretty quiet. This is definitely not a party school. The students here are generally pretty focused on academics. The dining hall food is usually hit or miss; it can be pretty good, or unappetizing. However, downtown Prescott yields a ton of tasty and diverse restaurants.
Excellent and very highly specialized school. Faculty are excellent and the campus is located in a very nice town. Highly geared towards aviation and engineering.
Start Your Review of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Prescott
The location is beautiful. Teachers are well educated with field experience and are there to help; although some are hard to understand. The food is awful for people who eat healthy.
The school is a great school, however finances may be an issue because they do have hidden fees included in their tuition as well as a required All Access Meal Plan. They don't allow us to choose our own meal plan. I'm fine if they require us to be on one however give us the choice because I don't eat a lot. So I don't need all access. Also I feel like a brown crayon in a white crayon box. There's very little diversity here. I feel like Michael Oher in the Blind Side. I've never been so excited to see another Latino, or African American in my life. The dorms are not good, only a few professor's don't care for your education, campus food is only good when events are happening that people who don't attend the school yet arrive. Such as Preview Day, or Parent's weekend. Those are the only few days food is actually good. Otherwise food is just like high school, that I'd rather buy a snack instead of eat several days/nights.
Embry Riddle is a private University with a positive culture. Many people that attend Embry Riddle are very happy with their results of academic accomplishment. The people who attend ERAU are amazing and very helpful as well as the professors. It is a school for those who want a serious education and is perfect for those seeking engineering or aviation degrees. It is not a party school at all. Although we do have plenty of campus events to get the community together and have fun.