Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Daytona Beach Reviews

1,258 reviews
From the minute I stepped on campus I knew I had fallen in love. Everyone I talked to wanted to help in any way they could. The campus is very large and beautifully put together. The way the professors teach at Embry is amazing. First, you receive a lecture then after the lecture you go to your lab class and apply what you have just learned in a hands-on enviroment.
Embry-Riddle is a university that is devoted to seeing that each and every student is given multiple opportunities to succeed.
Really nice school. The Campus is very clean and everything is within walking distance from the Student Village. Lots of meal options. School is five minutes away from the beach. new dorms built in 2017!
Start Your Review of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Daytona Beach
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in a Daytona beach is a great place surround my very kind friendly people.
I visited Embry-Riddle two times before finally deciding that that is where I want to receive my bachelor's degree from. As soon as I stepped on campus and the cool breeze hit my face and the warm sun embraced me with its rays, I knew that school was for me. Aside from its spectacular outward appearance, the students I encountered were very friendly and always willing to help. No matter how many confusing questions I asked, they always answered with a smile. Embry-Riddle is not just a University, but its a place for new beginnings. The rigorous classes combined with the cool flow of the Florida environment will soothe anyone's anxiety.
The food is terrible and needs to be updated and be changed the foods are the same for preview day and family week. It suck I went there for 8 years and now I am going there as a freshman.
Embry-Riddle offers a plethora of diverse opportunities such as clubs, intramural sports, and many other organizations that feature quality students and educational staff members! The students, from my encounters, are very friendly and typically in a state of happiness. You can't be surprised given the location of the school itself; a gorgeous campus with state of the art buildings and especially technology enveloped within a great town, within a pleasing state to add!
Your going to get top notch academics in any of the aviation related degrees! Great teachers and classrooms. Not your prototypical college experience with girls, booze and partying. Expensive tutiton doesn’t include flying, so if you come from a low/medium income family you will have a hard time making it. The wealthy kids are usually the ones finishing up the certificates quickly and getting the flight instructor jobs while the non wealthy kids are still working on their first few ratings. Skill and knowledge will not get you where money will here.
Currently attending student and I have never had any issues with any of the staff or professors. I have to continually miss classes due to military responsibilities and they are very accommodating and helpful. Great school for any types of degree
Embry-Riddle is the place to be if you love aviation! It is very focused, and everyone here has a common goal of being in the aviation industry. It is a small campus, which allows you to become close with your peers and professors. There are many opportunities for you to get internships and jobs out of college.
The University is excellent because of the hands on environment. The lecture matches well with the flight courses they offer.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University has been a very good college for me. The college has a lot of companies they're connected to and they help their students be connect to companies in order for their graduates to have a possible and proper job according to their major. Their Flight Program is excellent as well, making sure their students learn the proper knowledge and safety needed to pilot their aircraft.
daughter attending here, a bit costly, and the commute is a bit long from brevard county, but she is liking it more than FSU where she first attended (too large)
Embry-Riddle is the place to go if you are pursuing a degree in aerospace engineering or aeronautics. They offer a plethora of courses for different interests and degrees. If I could change one thing about Embry-Riddle, it would be the teaching structure for the department of science. The science courses are difficult to pass if you do not dedicate plenty of time to memorizing equations throughout the week. If Embry-Riddle was to institute a new teaching program for the science courses that focuses more on understanding concepts and less on memorizing equations, I would have very few other complaints about the university. Overall, my experience at Embry-Riddle has been a very good one thus far. Embry-Riddle has become my home away from home, with many free events throughout the week, clubs that enjoy and encourage taking in new members, and a network of people who enjoy learning and have common interests.
Embry Riddle Aeronautical University is an amazing school for students interested in STEM fields. I am currently studying Astronomy and Astrophysics, and I really enjoy it. However, the current administration is trying to expand without the proper resources. Students are the ones who suffer in that instance as we may not have access to the professors or the air crafts when we need to. Other than that, the experience at Embry Riddle has been invaluable thus far.
Embry-Riddle is a great school. I'm studying aerospace engineering with a concentration in astronautical engineering. We have two job fairs a year, and we get really good companies looking for engineers. Daytona Beach can be fun at first but after a while, it gets a little boring. During the winter not much to do because the beach is not fun during the winter. However, you are an hour away from Disney. The food is ok, but we have chick-fila which is nice. The people in the buffet are really good people, me being a vegan is hard to eat on college campuses but here it is not a problem. The housing and dorm life is good. We have a new dorm built and are having a new student union being built roight now.
What I love about ERAU is their resources. They have everything any student coming here would want. The campus is beautiful and there are people from literally all around the world. Plus, there's alot of activities outside of the classroom that you can go to. The dorms on-campus could be improved with how they manage their residents .But other than that I think this university is great for people trying to pursue a career!
Start Your Review of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Daytona Beach
I like ERAU's spirit in getting their students involved and having events all throughout the week to get the interest of students and parents. For example, when ERAU brought ERAU alumni who came to the campus to show their planes and talk with students about future opportunities. The classes are interesting depending if it's the right professor. If you are lucky, you can have the funniest and most helpful professors who are professionals in their fields and are always there to help you if you have any questions. The school could improve on their food quality and dorm life. The internet is different depending if you need to buy a router or not because of how slow and unbearable the internet is. The school gym could use some extra space and extra equipment. The small things do add up to have a big issue. When you live on or off campus, there is a huge difference. But apart from that, it is a great school to be in.
Very good school for anything aerospace, aeronautics, flight, and engineering related. Campus is nice, and you’re sure to meet people from all over who have similar interests to you. Professors are pretty good and some are outstanding. The AFROTC detatchment is one of the best in the country and truly pushes you to suceed. You just have to survive eating Sodexo food for four years ....
Great school for engineering as well as other sciences. Lots of flight and engineering students, but also lots of other great degrees and opportunities.