Elon University Reviews

1,410 reviews
The layout of the campus allows you have a life outside of your classes that includes relaxing by the lake, eating with friends in downtown Elon, or catching up on homework in one of Elon's many study spaces. Many of the professors here have gone above and beyond to accommodate for any questions and concerns that I may have. Going to an out-of-state school is very nerve wracking at first, but I am glad that I picked Elon. Elon has become my home away from home in more ways than one and I often find myself counting down the days till I am back on campus. Elon's curriculum can be very intense at times; however, I am getting an education based on the work that I put in. One complaint that I have about Elon is paying for laundry. The cost adds up very quickly and is often frustrating that I have to pay so that I am able to wear clean clothes to class. However, that is the only negative that I have so it doesn't outweigh all of the positive things that Elon has to offer me.
Overall, this school is great! If you are interested in a smaller school with more focus on the student, this is the one for you! The social scene is pretty great and there is always a way to get involved on campus.
Elon's campus when I visited was beautiful! It was raining the day I visited and I still loved the campus and felt at home. It made my college decision easy feeling so safe and welcome on the campus.
Start Your Review of Elon University
Elon University is an amazing place that is so welcoming to all students. I love their global emphasis on everything they do. There are so many students from so many different backgrounds and so many different countries. The school and professors really care about that students and want them to succeed. I wouldn't want to go to school anywhere else.
ELON IS A BRIDGE TO NO WHERE, IT IS A DIPLOMA MILL IN AN ARMANI SUIT. UNLESS YOU INTEND TO BE THE TOWN DRUNK. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. GREEKS MAKE YOU FEEL UNWANTED
Everyone knows the campus is beautiful and the study abroad options are endless. However, the options to find your group of people is rather difficult if you aren't starting your education at Elon from semester 1. The professors however are great which is what truly matters.
Elon is essentially a country club full of rich, privileged, white kids. Located in the middle of no where with nothing to do but drink!
Elon is not as diverse as advertised, though they are making an effort to change that!

Beautiful. I don't know where else I would be!
I just finished my first semester at Elon. I love the school and think they do a great job trying to get students involved on campus and the people/professors are all very nice. Some of the freshman residential neighborhoods are better than others about having everybody get to know each other in those first few weeks. Overall I have really liked it here!
Elon is a very "perfect on paper" school. I loved the gorgeous campus and being surrounded by Oak trees. The professors were great and the school had many opportunities. However, the school is located in a very rural suburb with absolutely nothing to do. The "school spirit" is not that great and there is zero diversity at the school.
Tight night community with lots of opportunities. The career services department is very helpful and responsive. Overall, excellent experience.
Elon is a great university with a large offering of courses. There are a lot of opportunities available as well.
Elon University has provided a great education, opportunity and experience so far. I wish they had more to offer their music majors in the way of interns and hope to be surprised in the coming year with new opportunities.
Elon is the perfect size where you can see familiar faces around campus but still meet new people every day. Class sizes are all small so you really get to know your professors and their subjects in depth. There is a real focus on the individual student at Elon, students often research alongside professors or conduct research on their own worthy of publication. There are many resources to help students succeed around campus, including the Student professional development center (SPDC) and the writing center.
I like the student involvement and how invested the faculty and staff are.

Better way to improve would be more diversity in class and race
ELON FLAT OUT SUCKS IT IS A BRIDGE TO NOWHERE. EPIC LOSS ELON IS A GREAT PLACE TO PARTY AND SPEND YOUR PARENTS MONEY. ELON OFFERS NOTHING TO GET YOU PREPARED FOR THE REAL WORLD. UNLESS YOU PLAN TO BE THE VILLAGE DRUNK...STAY CLEAR OF THIS DIPLOMA MILL. 57% ACCEPTANCE RATE...ELON IS A CHECK CLEARING BUISNESS.
My older sister attends Elon and she tells me nothing but good things about the atmosphere and academics.
Start Your Review of Elon University
I really like the School. I think it is a great place for young people to come and grow. I think the environment is conducive to a lot of good conversations about race, sexuality, social class and has a a good mix of people willing to have these conversations in a safe and open place.

Like any environment, it has it's bad apples but the majority want to understand each other and work together.
really strong athletics, greek life and academics. lots of student run organizations and clubs. large selection of food. lots of different living spaces. great classes and strong faculty.
The reason why I chose Elon University is the people. They helped me understand what kind of education I would be gaining at the University, and helped me step by step with the process. My professors all reached out and communicated with me about what to except and if I have questions. It's also a beautiful college and theres a lot of financial help that can be offered. Very lively campus community and a lot of room for diverse lifestyles.