Elon University Reviews

1,397 reviews
ELON FLAT OUT SUCKS IT IS A BRIDGE TO NOWHERE. EPIC LOSS ELON IS A GREAT PLACE TO PARTY AND SPEND YOUR PARENTS MONEY. ELON OFFERS NOTHING TO GET YOU PREPARED FOR THE REAL WORLD. UNLESS YOU PLAN TO BE THE VILLAGE DRUNK...STAY CLEAR OF THIS DIPLOMA MILL. 57% ACCEPTANCE RATE...ELON IS A CHECK CLEARING BUISNESS.
My older sister attends Elon and she tells me nothing but good things about the atmosphere and academics.
I really like the School. I think it is a great place for young people to come and grow. I think the environment is conducive to a lot of good conversations about race, sexuality, social class and has a a good mix of people willing to have these conversations in a safe and open place.

Like any environment, it has it's bad apples but the majority want to understand each other and work together.
Start Your Review of Elon University
really strong athletics, greek life and academics. lots of student run organizations and clubs. large selection of food. lots of different living spaces. great classes and strong faculty.
The reason why I chose Elon University is the people. They helped me understand what kind of education I would be gaining at the University, and helped me step by step with the process. My professors all reached out and communicated with me about what to except and if I have questions. It's also a beautiful college and theres a lot of financial help that can be offered. Very lively campus community and a lot of room for diverse lifestyles.
The professors are the best in the state, which makes the academics amazing. The campus is beautiful. The dorms and food are well above average compared to other schools. However, Elon lacks in two aspects. The first is racial diversity, as Elon is almost entirely white. The second aspect is tuition. Elon is incredibly expensive to attend and the school has few scholarships.
Elon is an incredibly student-centered university and it's all about hands-on, experiential learning. Global engagement is central to the curriculum and Elon has the #1 ranked study abroad program. Two-thirds of the campus has been built since 2000, and it's an outstanding environment for learning. Once you see Elon, you'll never want to leave.
If you are a religious, conservative, and kind individual, you will have a hard time fitting in with the party, liberal culture of Elon University. I strongly suggest doing an overnight visit to get a feel of the campus and asking the tough questions to see if its a fit for you.
I wouldn't change my time at Elon for anything. For the first time in my academic career, I've been enrolled in classes that truly challenge me and teachers that make me apply course concepts to the broader world. The majority of students here are upper East Coasters which was a surprise to me once I arrived here. I've learned things both in the classroom and out. Elon does a good job hosting speakers, holding a variety of fun events, and incorporating international food in the cafeterias.
I am so happy that I gave Elon a chance because the school has been a very positive experience so far. We all know the campus is amazing, greek life is active and the people are beautiful but there is so much more. I have found engaged professors, a well rounded workload and a supportive student body. The administration is working on the weak points by pursuing more diversity among applicants and pouring money into the sports teams. The reason I think Elon is exceptional is because the curriculum focuses on getting job in the real world. Internships, meaningful study abroad, alum network and engaging classes are all focused on the next step. I am not rushing college but I am going to have a a good amount of debt and need a real exit plan and the administration seems to get it. There is a good number of rich kids here and many partiers but overall people want a real plan and I appreciate that mind set.
Great School - Love the class sizes and most of my professors so far. Professors really care about your learning.
Elon's engaged learning curriculum translates well into the small classroom atmosphere. The opportunities to get involved on campus combined with the study abroad programs allows for a well-rounded college experience.
I had a great experience. It's def a work hard play hard school. Students are dedicated to their work, extracurricular activities but still def know how to have a good school. I met amazing people during my time there. There is a big greek life presence on campus though and it's in a small town so don't expect much to do outside of campus life. You have to drive 30min to get to a big city.
So far, my experience at Elon University have been great. Not only have I met great friends here, but the faculty has been excellent in supporting my needs for learning. I am a Music Production and Recording Arts major, and the music community is close knit and supportive. I have access to a lot of professional equipment as well as professors who are willing to facilitate my learning. Similarly, there are many ways to get involved on campus with any kind of interest.
Elon is a warm, friendly environment. The strongest majors it offers are Communications and Finance. Sports Management is also a popular one. A majority of students are out of state, however many are from the East Coast. As a student from the West Coast, I felt a bit out of place. It also has a large Greek system so if you are not interested in joining, Elon might not be the place for you.
Absolutely awful first semester. None of my professors cared about my actual learning and were more concerned with grades. Quite frankly I'm surprised they even learned everyone's names. As far as the students, they are all carbon copies of each other. Everyone is rich, white, and preppy. If you're looking for a challenging and stimulating academic environment with diverse peers this is NOT THE PLACE.
Great School for most majors, lots of oppurtunities, there is definitely an Elon Bubble, that dictates social life and campus involvement. It can often feel like people are competing to be more involved than the others.
Start Your Review of Elon University
Elon University is a very open and welcoming school. From time to time I forget that I am a minority on campus because we are all given equal opportunities and viewed the same. The faculty and staff work their hardest to help every student reach their full potential, pushing us to becoming future leaders. I am in love with the school, I truly feel like I bELONg.
Love the feel of Elon...very welcoming and everyone is friendly. Professors know you personally which is great.
ELon is a wonderful place. It has the most beautiful campus you were ever see. Many people on this website bash Elon because they would probably end up not fitting in anywhere. Everyone I know LOVES ELON. The professors are so helpful, the food is good, the campus is georgous and it's just such a friendly, engaged, and social atmosphere. The only way you will not like this place is if you sit in your dorm on your computer and do nothing. Overall this school is an amazing place. Talk to someone in person about it and they will tell you. Don't let these reviews fool you.