Elon University Reviews

1,401 reviews
Elon is a great university with a large offering of courses. There are a lot of opportunities available as well.
Elon University has provided a great education, opportunity and experience so far. I wish they had more to offer their music majors in the way of interns and hope to be surprised in the coming year with new opportunities.
Elon is the perfect size where you can see familiar faces around campus but still meet new people every day. Class sizes are all small so you really get to know your professors and their subjects in depth. There is a real focus on the individual student at Elon, students often research alongside professors or conduct research on their own worthy of publication. There are many resources to help students succeed around campus, including the Student professional development center (SPDC) and the writing center.
Start Your Review of Elon University
I like the student involvement and how invested the faculty and staff are.

Better way to improve would be more diversity in class and race
ELON FLAT OUT SUCKS IT IS A BRIDGE TO NOWHERE. EPIC LOSS ELON IS A GREAT PLACE TO PARTY AND SPEND YOUR PARENTS MONEY. ELON OFFERS NOTHING TO GET YOU PREPARED FOR THE REAL WORLD. UNLESS YOU PLAN TO BE THE VILLAGE DRUNK...STAY CLEAR OF THIS DIPLOMA MILL. 57% ACCEPTANCE RATE...ELON IS A CHECK CLEARING BUISNESS.
My older sister attends Elon and she tells me nothing but good things about the atmosphere and academics.
I really like the School. I think it is a great place for young people to come and grow. I think the environment is conducive to a lot of good conversations about race, sexuality, social class and has a a good mix of people willing to have these conversations in a safe and open place.

Like any environment, it has it's bad apples but the majority want to understand each other and work together.
really strong athletics, greek life and academics. lots of student run organizations and clubs. large selection of food. lots of different living spaces. great classes and strong faculty.
The reason why I chose Elon University is the people. They helped me understand what kind of education I would be gaining at the University, and helped me step by step with the process. My professors all reached out and communicated with me about what to except and if I have questions. It's also a beautiful college and theres a lot of financial help that can be offered. Very lively campus community and a lot of room for diverse lifestyles.
The professors are the best in the state, which makes the academics amazing. The campus is beautiful. The dorms and food are well above average compared to other schools. However, Elon lacks in two aspects. The first is racial diversity, as Elon is almost entirely white. The second aspect is tuition. Elon is incredibly expensive to attend and the school has few scholarships.
Elon is an incredibly student-centered university and it's all about hands-on, experiential learning. Global engagement is central to the curriculum and Elon has the #1 ranked study abroad program. Two-thirds of the campus has been built since 2000, and it's an outstanding environment for learning. Once you see Elon, you'll never want to leave.
If you are a religious, conservative, and kind individual, you will have a hard time fitting in with the party, liberal culture of Elon University. I strongly suggest doing an overnight visit to get a feel of the campus and asking the tough questions to see if its a fit for you.
I wouldn't change my time at Elon for anything. For the first time in my academic career, I've been enrolled in classes that truly challenge me and teachers that make me apply course concepts to the broader world. The majority of students here are upper East Coasters which was a surprise to me once I arrived here. I've learned things both in the classroom and out. Elon does a good job hosting speakers, holding a variety of fun events, and incorporating international food in the cafeterias.
I am so happy that I gave Elon a chance because the school has been a very positive experience so far. We all know the campus is amazing, greek life is active and the people are beautiful but there is so much more. I have found engaged professors, a well rounded workload and a supportive student body. The administration is working on the weak points by pursuing more diversity among applicants and pouring money into the sports teams. The reason I think Elon is exceptional is because the curriculum focuses on getting job in the real world. Internships, meaningful study abroad, alum network and engaging classes are all focused on the next step. I am not rushing college but I am going to have a a good amount of debt and need a real exit plan and the administration seems to get it. There is a good number of rich kids here and many partiers but overall people want a real plan and I appreciate that mind set.
Great School - Love the class sizes and most of my professors so far. Professors really care about your learning.
Elon's engaged learning curriculum translates well into the small classroom atmosphere. The opportunities to get involved on campus combined with the study abroad programs allows for a well-rounded college experience.
I had a great experience. It's def a work hard play hard school. Students are dedicated to their work, extracurricular activities but still def know how to have a good school. I met amazing people during my time there. There is a big greek life presence on campus though and it's in a small town so don't expect much to do outside of campus life. You have to drive 30min to get to a big city.
Start Your Review of Elon University
So far, my experience at Elon University have been great. Not only have I met great friends here, but the faculty has been excellent in supporting my needs for learning. I am a Music Production and Recording Arts major, and the music community is close knit and supportive. I have access to a lot of professional equipment as well as professors who are willing to facilitate my learning. Similarly, there are many ways to get involved on campus with any kind of interest.
Elon is a warm, friendly environment. The strongest majors it offers are Communications and Finance. Sports Management is also a popular one. A majority of students are out of state, however many are from the East Coast. As a student from the West Coast, I felt a bit out of place. It also has a large Greek system so if you are not interested in joining, Elon might not be the place for you.
Absolutely awful first semester. None of my professors cared about my actual learning and were more concerned with grades. Quite frankly I'm surprised they even learned everyone's names. As far as the students, they are all carbon copies of each other. Everyone is rich, white, and preppy. If you're looking for a challenging and stimulating academic environment with diverse peers this is NOT THE PLACE.