Elon University Reviews

1,418 reviews
I played football at Elon and had every scholarship and grant I could and it still was financially not worth the year I spent at the school.
The business department is littered with professors that have no clue what their talking about and it's obvious that Elon just hired many of them because they are outspoken liberals or minorities. All of my other classes tended to have the same biases especially philosophy where my teacher neglected to read my papers which forced me to go to the school board.
Student life is full of fraternities and sororities, most of these kids have known each other before coming to Elon!
Unless all of your best friends in the world are going to Elon there is no reason to apply to this school. There are many other great schools to give your money to that are much better value for education. And if you are prospective athlete, unless you are being offered a full ride, I would look somewhere else.
Pros: Beautiful campus, great academics, dorms are pretty great, big social scene, tons of study abroad opportunities, many great professors, decent food, quaint town with big chain stores and restaurants a few miles away, “big” cities farther away (a pro and a con)

Cons: lacks diversity!, too many east coast, snobby kids, expensive, Greek life kids can get pretty nasty, can feel isolated without own transportation as big stores and restaurants are too far away to walk
I am a transfer and non-traditional student at Elon and I feel very much out of place. There are some really dedicated professors (and faculty) who do know their stuff and there are some solid academic programs. The campus is absolutely gorgeous. Other than that, there's not really much else to praise. There is hardly any diversity in any sense -- age, race, religion, socioeconomic background. If you don't fit into a certain mold, you will not likely not have an easy time here. People are pretentious, entitled and obnoxious. About half of girls and a third of boys are Greek. Greek life is VERY VERY prominent. For guys, it isn't as tough to be non-Greek but girls seem to have a harder time.

If I didn't love the academic program I'm in and some of my professors, I think I definitely would have transferred (again). It was not what I expected when I first enrolled.
Start Your Review of Elon University
Elon University is a terrific institution. The professors want you to succeed and grow as individuals, and their is an immense amount of support for students. The university offers many paths of support, such as job opportunities, financial aid, internship applications, and so much more.
I am a minority student in a not very diverse school and town. While most people are very nice and welcoming, I have weekly experiences that remind me that I am not a traditional white student, specially at parties after people had a few drinks and the occasional administrator. The campus and facilities are very nice and modern, but it is not a very challenging institution. I think I used to work a lot harder in high school.
I've really enjoyed my first year at Elon. It's a very supportive environment in many ways with lots of things to do on campus. I've had good experiences with the dining halls, excellent classes and professors, and good interactions with other students. I can see where some aspects of the school are not as focused on academics as others, and that, along with the level of diversity in the student body and in the faculty would be something I would like to see change.
I really like Elon. It a small school with small class sizes, which is my favorite part because you really get an opportunity to get to know your professors. They offer a good variety of classes but it can be kind of difficult to get the class times that you want. The campus is beautiful and it's not too difficult to navigate. The food is average and the diversity is poor. Although the diversity isn't good, there are still a good amount of programs and resources available to minority students.
I'm a freshman at Elon University and I love it! I definitely feel like I picked the right college, you can't go wrong with Elon. The academics are incredible and the campus is gorgeous.
The layout of the campus allows you have a life outside of your classes that includes relaxing by the lake, eating with friends in downtown Elon, or catching up on homework in one of Elon's many study spaces. Many of the professors here have gone above and beyond to accommodate for any questions and concerns that I may have. Going to an out-of-state school is very nerve wracking at first, but I am glad that I picked Elon. Elon has become my home away from home in more ways than one and I often find myself counting down the days till I am back on campus. Elon's curriculum can be very intense at times; however, I am getting an education based on the work that I put in. One complaint that I have about Elon is paying for laundry. The cost adds up very quickly and is often frustrating that I have to pay so that I am able to wear clean clothes to class. However, that is the only negative that I have so it doesn't outweigh all of the positive things that Elon has to offer me.
Overall, this school is great! If you are interested in a smaller school with more focus on the student, this is the one for you! The social scene is pretty great and there is always a way to get involved on campus.
Elon's campus when I visited was beautiful! It was raining the day I visited and I still loved the campus and felt at home. It made my college decision easy feeling so safe and welcome on the campus.
Elon University is an amazing place that is so welcoming to all students. I love their global emphasis on everything they do. There are so many students from so many different backgrounds and so many different countries. The school and professors really care about that students and want them to succeed. I wouldn't want to go to school anywhere else.
ELON IS A BRIDGE TO NO WHERE, IT IS A DIPLOMA MILL IN AN ARMANI SUIT. UNLESS YOU INTEND TO BE THE TOWN DRUNK. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. GREEKS MAKE YOU FEEL UNWANTED
Everyone knows the campus is beautiful and the study abroad options are endless. However, the options to find your group of people is rather difficult if you aren't starting your education at Elon from semester 1. The professors however are great which is what truly matters.
Elon is essentially a country club full of rich, privileged, white kids. Located in the middle of no where with nothing to do but drink!
Elon is not as diverse as advertised, though they are making an effort to change that!

Beautiful. I don't know where else I would be!
I just finished my first semester at Elon. I love the school and think they do a great job trying to get students involved on campus and the people/professors are all very nice. Some of the freshman residential neighborhoods are better than others about having everybody get to know each other in those first few weeks. Overall I have really liked it here!
Start Your Review of Elon University
Elon is a very "perfect on paper" school. I loved the gorgeous campus and being surrounded by Oak trees. The professors were great and the school had many opportunities. However, the school is located in a very rural suburb with absolutely nothing to do. The "school spirit" is not that great and there is zero diversity at the school.
Tight night community with lots of opportunities. The career services department is very helpful and responsive. Overall, excellent experience.
Elon is a great university with a large offering of courses. There are a lot of opportunities available as well.