Elmhurst University Reviews

I like the academic environment and supportive professor at Elmhurst. I also like how they encourage student to expand themselves.
I takes few online classes. I hard to catch up at the beginning but the professors were very supportive and help us to get through the course without any difficulties.
A lot of the students are cliquey and rude, so if you want to experience a overly-priced high school, then this is the place for you. Education quality isn’t great especially for the price of tuition. Food is terrible and often gets people sick. Some of the professors are great, but others look down up students and act like they’re gods because they’re employed by a private Christian college in white suburbia. Overall, not worth coming here.
Start Your Review of Elmhurst University
This is currently my second year at Elmhurst University and I enjoy the environment I have been in. The sports are excellent and so is the diversity. I enjoy the options there are for activities and clubs since there is always something to look forwards to! The professors are there to help you and they really care about your performance in your classes!
For this time of the COVID virus, I did not struggle taking classes online. My professors were emailing to update us about certain questions other students had regarding the class. Overall, I had a good experience with online classes.
I took a hybrid Psychology course. It meet once a week in the evenings and every other week was online. My experience went well with the class but I am not super familiar with other online classes/formats.
I attended Elmhurst for my undergrad, back when it was a college. Now, I hope to go back for graduate school. I really enjoyed my 4 years and anticipate that these next 2 are even more formative, for not only my career by my future as well.
It has been very easy to contact my counselor via email as well as other departments. I have always gotten an email back and everyone I've contacted has always been open to talk or give me more information in any question I may have.
So far, I find everyone at Elmhurst to be very helpful and welcoming. I love how they address first generation students and offer academic scholarships.
Over all I had a great time at Elmhurst for my Junior year. I transferred there from a Community college and though it would be hard to fit in and make friends. But the school and the students are very welcoming and will make you right at home!
Online learning was not a problem for this school the teachers are very understanding for deadlines for homework and papers and the due dates are flexible if you ask them.
The online courses that I have taken were the ones the college had to switch over to because of COVID-19. Although the professor's did try their best to make online classes as similar to online classes as they could, it still was not the same. I found myself having to constantly re-teach myself the material learned in the online classes, because the online classes moves faster than online classes and seemed to cover more material than if we were to attend in person classes.
For the most part, Elmhurst College has provided me with a great college experience. The professors possess great knowledge on the subject they are teaching. And for the most part, the professors do a great job at teaching in ways that accommodate to the different learning styles their students may have.
Elmhurst College gave me a welcoming, community that helped me embrace change and growth. I ran cross country and track and found my home in my team. My professors guided and me and continue to offer advice and mentorship even after graduating in 2016. Now as I look to return to school at Loyola or Chamberlain for nursing, I can say Elmhurst College has prepared me to succeed as I advance my career.
The professors never failed to provide guidance in online assignments. I felt they were always available to answer questions and further explain anything if needed. They organized information in a clear and concise manner that allowed for us to easily pull key topics and absorb information.
I liked the diversity and resources provided by the school for academic help and job searching. Professors were very understanding and supportive.
Start Your Review of Elmhurst University
Many of the professors were understanding but we all struggled with the transition even until the end.
Classes shifted to online classes during this past semester. The professors were very understanding and would record the lectures just in case a student had to watch the lecture later on in the day. They also held several study sessions if students needed the extra help and they had very flexible schedules.
I really like Elmhurst because of its size. The classes are small, which allows you to make relationships with your professors. It is also very easy to make friendships with other students, since you will most likely have them in several classes. This is also great because it is easier to form study groups.