COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Following Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s “stay-at-home” order for the entire state, the campus is closed to all but essential personnel and remaining students. Most employees have transitioned to working from home, and any essential employees on campus are adhering to social distancing and other safe practices. Learn More
- Academicsgrade B
- Valuegrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Campusgrade B
- Athleticsgrade B minus
- Party Scenegrade C+
- Professorsgrade C+
- Locationgrade A minus
- Dormsgrade C+
- Campus Foodgrade B
- Student Lifegrade B
- Safetygrade B+
Our Mission: Elmhurst University inspires intellectual and personal growth in our students, preparing them for meaningful and ethical contributions to a diverse, global society.
Our Vision: Elmhurst University aspires to be a national leader in undergraduate and graduate education, recognized for the success of our students and alumni, our innovative faculty and staff, and our local, national, and international partnerships.
Our Values: Intellectual Excellence, Professional Preparation, Community, Social Responsibility, Stewardship, and Faith, Meaning and Purpose.
Elmhurst University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 41 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 56 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 56 responses
- Psychology103 Graduates
- Business75 Graduates
- Nursing68 Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science50 Graduates
- Finance39 Graduates
- Communication Disorders37 Graduates
- Marketing33 Graduates
- Communications32 Graduates
- Biology29 Graduates
- Sociology26 Graduates
Major in Cybersecurity
Elmhurst College’s undergraduate major in cybersecurity, which launches in the fall of 2020, combines coursework from computer science, information systems and mathematics into a dynamic program that addresses the urgent challenges of today. Equip yourself with the skills to obtain a career in government, law enforcement or the private sector.
- Extremely Busy15%
- Amicable, accepting, and helpful6%
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join. 66 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 70 responses
- It really is the Elmhurst Experience..24%
- It's the Elmhurst Experience.24%
- There are good parts and bad parts24%
- Very White Bread.14%
- Home away from home5%
- Home away from home3%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 25 responses