Ellsworth Community College Reviews

I'm a freshman at Ellsworth. I chose to go to Ellsworth because it is a smaller campus and it has a homey atmosphere. The professors here are really great and are always willing to help you. You will love it here at Ellsworth Community College.
Things that I like about Ellsworth. Is that they are a small town,small class sizes, and everyone is very helpful, and mostly all the classes are in walking distances.
This school is awful the dorms are absolute trash unless you have an extra 1-2k laying around to live in the apartments. They cater to the baseball and softball players by putting them into the nicest dorms everyone else has to fight over the apartments or the garbage Thompson and Wall hall. If you’re an athlete and African American and want to shop I would avoid Walmart as you’ll be constantly followed and watch by cameras and towns folk waiting for you to look like you’re stealing so they can toot their horn. Teachers are nice people and overall do a great job. But the food is terrible and very similar daily there is no variety. This school has no budget for anything and should honestly just close down. I pray for anyone who has to endure the Ellsworth community college punishment. Hope this helps.
Start Your Review of Ellsworth Community College
My experience at Ellsworth Community College was a great one. I wouldn't change it for the world. I learned so much and I am proud to say that I graduated with my Associate's Degree in Athletic Training. Overall Ellsworth was a great chance for me to get out of my comfort zone and explore all of my possibilities. I also played softball there and could not have asked for a better experience there. The only thing that I would change about Ellsworth is the food, which I know is difficult to control but I was on the Food Committee and they are making major changes in the future. I'm excited to hear about the changes and the new things that will be occurring at Ellsworth as I will still have friends that will go there next year. Overall Ellsworth was the best choice for me and I'm glad I went there for my first 2 years of college.
I came theUS to study and transfer to Iowa State University.
I gave four stars because here is nothing to enjoy.
but professor are very good. They are so kind
and students are very good
I love the campus and everyone there! When I went on my visit everyone was very helpful and kind. I can't wait to become a Panther in 2019!
Very low student and staff involvement, many classes seem very easy and not challenging at all. I do not feel like this prepares me for a four year university. The tuition and housing is rather cheap, but still decent. The food is absolutely terrible.
Ellsworth is a very small campus and you tend to know a majority of the people. The food at Ellsworth is not very good at all. But, the professors are very nice and genuinely care about your success as a student and as a person.
I'm currently enrolled in their Criminal Justice degree program, and the teacher is also a current cop of the local area and has been for 20 plus years so the knowledge is very good and up to date. Also has a small community vibe to it, and most teachers care and want to see you succeed. I would strongly recommend this school!
If you like small classes and easy classes with great teachers then ECC is the place for you. It has a sort of a high school atmosphere, but with enough population that it's still a college.
It has a great living area and overall pretty friendly people, but the cafeteria and most of the professors minus a handful are not very good.
I liked the apartments and the suites. They're sports teams are fun to watch and they have a very nice library. The student body is pretty diverse but there are plenty of groups to bring people together. No matter what your interests are, there is probably a group there for you.
Small campus in a great community! Professor are amazing. Decent size classes so no needing to worry about being in a class with over 200 students. Professors are always there to sit down one on one and help you out. Great facilities and a great education. Very affordable and helpful in getting used to college before jumping in to a 4 year college. Glad I attended this junior college before transferring to a 4 year.
Recent graduate, they treated me well enough that I will be going back to complete my Pre-Vet classes before applying to Iowa State for vet school. My advisor actually cared and was a professor of mine. So he actually wanted me to succeed. That's always nice to have. Decent pricing, small class numbers, easy going.
The teachers and classes are great, however the administration needs some work. If you are a military veteran I don't recommend this college if you need help accessing your military benefits. They don't know what they're doing and will try to blame you for their mistakes. Administration is rude and won't listen to you. Teachers are AMAZING and care about their students tremendously.
Many of times to choose for most classes so you can work your classes around your schedules.
LOVE the online courses. They work great when you can't get the personal classes to fit in or for when you need to work and not be in classes and you are able to get the work done by end of each week and not due the day of class.
Start Your Review of Ellsworth Community College
Not sure what to say about this.
The class sizes are perfect size. You get to know your whole class before the end of the semester. Everyone works together and studies together. The professors are always helpful and know you really well. Most courses will transfer too so lots of opportunities.
The Ag program that I am in is VERY good about getting you a summer internship. Lots of opportunities. We also have many companies come and talk to us and a lot of the student turn around and get internships and jobs with them later on.