Elgin Community College Reviews

Elgin Community College opens its doors to people of all kinds. They are truly open-minded and focus on diversity and moving forward with education tools.
I have visited the campus and it was quite nice, I have talked to some people and they were helping me out with what I needed.
i love that this school makes you feel so accept with the friendly students and staff. How they help you get to class help you study and pass and achieve your class grade goals.
Start Your Review of Elgin Community College
I loved how I was able to start taking classes that specifically dealt with my major. The professors were always willing to help and cared about their students. Counseling and tutoring was always available. Since I am a science major there were many opportunities to engage in science fairs and special elective classes. ECC has an up to date campus and a beautiful library. If you wish to receive a social life, ECC is not the best college for that. To be social and make friends you really must join a club or some event that pushes you to engage with others.
This is my second semester at ECC. The campus appears to have been fully renovated. Building A is the healthcare professions building, and there are all-new labs and classrooms. I have been impressed with the quality of teaching among my instructors, and thus far all have seemed interested in seeing their students succeed. There are free tutoring centers if you need help with your classes. There's a variety of extracurricular activities too, if you are interested in those. ECC offers excellent value for the money.
I’m currently enrolled at Ecc, it is my second year there. So far my experience at Ecc has been great, the atmosphere is calming and but busy in a way that there is just a lot of students. I’m working towards my Associates in Arts. The teachers and staff are very friendly and helpful. Class sizes are roughly about 25 students which makes it easier to ask questions during lecture, the teachers are willing to work with you if you need the extra help. It’s also great to start off at a community college to save money!
I feel safe when I'm at Ecc. It's a peaceful environment and staff are always happy to help. The campus is not as big so, don't worry about getting lost.
Elgin Community College has been a great experience and has exceeded all of my expectations. It has a fantastic atmosphere and student body. The staff is friendly and always willing to help.
ECC is a good place to start, especially if you don't know what you want to study. You can get your general educations classes out of the way, then once you transfer, you can focus on your major.
It was great school to start my college. It was an easy commute to and from school and the variety of course schedules help me to be able to work full time and be a full student. Great experience
Administration really wants to see you succeed. TRIO helped me a lot in trying to find the right path. Overall, my experience in ECC was outstanding.
ECC is a perfect place to get started with after high school education. It makes students feel welcomed and helps them along the way.
ECC was probably the best choice I've made thus far. It was affordable, and allowed me to save for a university while being at home. It's also just a beautiful campus with amazing people.
As spring-2018 was my first semester at Elgin community College, I don't know much about the campus. But I like how they offer classes which are really affordable, and how they have achieved to make the financial aid process much more convenient. I used library and it's really great place, and I enrolled in Trio. other than that I really didn't use other resources it has to offer. But I felt like ECC have room for improvement and I am so looking for them to improve so I can rate them higher than I did Right now.
The professors are intelligent, but shouldn't write tests. The level of rigor on exams is ridiculous. You will see questions that are not covered during the semester, riddled with errors that the professor will take finite exam time to correct. This happened almost every exam in every class, including finals- and a final for one class may take several days.

Most classes are harder than their equivalents at a uni or similar community college. Being challenged is a positive, and you WILL learn a lot, but grades should reflect students' work and at ECC, they simply do not. There are classes no one will get an A in, classes where 3/4 of the students will drop by spring break. It is an extremely disheartening environment, even for the most academically minded.

Someone who graduated in 2000 told me they even had this reputation back then. I don't know why this is the case, but if you do not have serious time to devote to your classes, you WILL waste your money here.
ECC is a great place to start your college education. The classes are small so that there is a lot of one on one with the professors. The professors are great and very understanding!
Great school, it's an amazing but affordable place to start your education, wether it's just for a technical degree or planning to transfer,ECC is a great college.
Start Your Review of Elgin Community College
The campus is nice and pretty up to date. The students and teachers are really nice. It’s an easy school to adjust too. I enjoy attending this college.
Attending Elgin Community College was the best two years of college I've had so far. The campus was not only beautiful but open to many opportunities. The professors were all incredibly enthusiastic about what they taught which made for a better learning environment. I was lost in my first semester regarding my degree and with the aid of one of my professors, I found something I am really passionate for.
I like ECC a lot! I found a lot of friends here, and I love all my instructors. Besides, it has a lot of helpful sources to make studying easier.