El Camino College Reviews

1,188 reviews
I like how flexible the programs are, and how you can alter your ed plans to fit your needs. It is also much less expensive to fulfill your lower level GEs and then transfer, as opposed to going straight into a 4 year. Their Honors Transfer Program is also fantastic!
I sincerely enjoy el camino college. The academics standard here is fantastic. The only complaint I could possibly have is an online degree program. Anything of that nature would be amazing. Their diversity in online courses is the next best thing, however; so not really a complaint I can make. Security here is pretty great too. Quick response. Lots of diversity, lots of friends to be made, beautiful campus, lots of great restaurants in all their diversity, bad parking. Take early classes or get a motorcycle, or, take afternoon courses.
Excellent falcuty and helpful staff. A lot of classes which are transferable to most Universities. Multiple cultures
Review El Camino College
El Camino College is a great community college to attend! They have so many degree and certificate programs. The staff there are really helpful and the professors are really great! Community college is an affordable way to start your college experience and El Camino is one of the best!
I like how the campus looks and feels like a college/college environment. The campus bookstore is awesome and doesn't run out of books and is affordable for the most part.
When i was at El Camino i had a very pleasant experience.The staff and students there are very helpful,nice,and friendly.
El Camino Community College has been one of the best decisions I have made about my higher education. It has been far more affordable to attend this school than it would have been to attend a four-year university. The professors that I have had the pleasure of knowing are encouraging of students and although counselors are under-employed, they usually find time for you any way.
Have I mentioned the buildings? Quite a few areas of the campus have been remodeled during my time as a student at El Camino, and the results are impressive. New technology for classrooms, more classrooms, and nice bathrooms! The changes on campus have definitely made me feel good about where some of my money must be going.
I love this campus I wouldn't want to go to any other school. Food can be quite overpriced depending on where you. Just need to go to the right places. And most of the time there's always something going on, whether it be a college day or some club having a fundraiser outside the library lawn. I recommend
I've been allowed to find myself through this school. I ve spent some time finding out that my Spanish is so terrible, I failed it twice. I got up to advanced Ceramics, and intermediate sign language. I took welding and decided , although I've executed a "perfect pill" that it wasn't for me. I joined a health club that met in the center of campus under a tree. I've been able to experience a "Deaf Night" at a Shakey's for an assignment, and it was so fun ; welcoming. I have come back to pursue the foundation of my career as a therapist. I'm going to transfer eventually, but I'm so glad its from this place. It really is a world within a world of California.
El Camino is a good school. We are so diverse and so friendly. The professors are willing to work with you and really want you to succeed. They have a wide variety of career choices.
While the campus is nice and the wide array of classes is great for all kinds of students, I feel like it's necessary to address the fact that most of my professors have been teaching the same way for quite some time. They need some kind of change to their routines of yesteryear so students in this day and age get a more modern look at subjects that have been taught since before they were born.
My experience here has been amazing the staff truly helps students here. The professors care about students and their success. They provide sufficient amounts of office hours per professor. Teachers there are there for students unlike universities where teachers are there for research. The campus always has clubs and resources for help. They have math building that provides tutoring up to any math everyday from morning until late evening. We also have a writing center that helps with preparing our essays to revising them. Our additional support is the library where we have additional tutors in almost every subject. No appointments are needed for any of our resources. Parking at el camino I would rate it as great compared to other schools. I always find parking even if it is a mile from campus. They are building another new parking structure.
El camino truly cares about their students. They help their students grow and guide them through their educational and career path.
El camino college is great start for freshmas. It very diverse in many aspects, such as students and clases
El Camino College was a decent community college in comparison to the only other local option. The campus was well maintained and campus police was abundant especially at nighttime. The courses offered were diverse and sounded interesting, but a majority of the professors seemed uninterested in teaching their subjects or disregarded the student learning outcomes and just taught whatever they felt like. The weakest professors I experienced were in the math department. A statistics professor taught us how to use Excel and would test us on statistics, without ever teaching it.
As a student I have certain expectations to abide by. The counseling and financial aid system for students needs some work. However, many professors at this campus truly care about teaching, enabling students, and making the world a better place.
There are a lot of campus advisories about robberies and sexual assults. Some teachers love their jobs and some simply do not care. You get what you pay for since the classes are not as expensive as Universities. I loved learning from each teacher I had since all of them took pride in teaching their subject.
Review El Camino College
After coming out from high school, I was surprised at how amazing the professors were! They are more strict, but a lot more informative. I could tell that they come to teach, help, and leave. There are usually about 30-40 students per class. I think that is a good number, because we are all able to communicate and participate.
The professors usually understand if people are juggling work and school. Some try their best for us not to be too stressful, but sometimes it becomes too much.
I have been taking online college courses since I was a senior in high school. At first, I was confused on how to use some of the technology, but I have gotten used to it. After getting used to it, I could say that it is very easy to use. It is very straight forward.