El Camino College Reviews

1,251 reviews
I liked the fact that El Camino College was a great place for me to figure out what I wanted to do with my life without having to break the bank. Meaning, I didn't have to go into financial debt over switching my major multiple times, or taking more than the necessary amount of classes. I believe there is nothing that currently needs to be changed drastically at El Camino. Only improvements I can suggest are actually currently being improved therefore, I really don't have complaints, excellent community college.
The school is great but it really lacks when it comes to places to eat or sit at. The area around is is not as agreat but its ok. Sure there are places to eat around campus but all the choices inside are average at best. Theres also no coffee place or condaments to put on your food if you'd like. Even more annoying the option to use your credit card instead of cash is not always avaiable
Amazing jc to get your pre-reqs done.Campus is big and has lots of diversity. There are some amazing professors who really do want you to succed. Great tutoring and writing center!
Start Your Review of El Camino College
El Camino College is a great chose for anyone how is trying to advance in their education and a great school that helps you though out your educational goals.
El Camino College gave me the tools I needed to achieve my goals and challenge myself. Without the support faculty and staff I would not have been able to transfer to my dream school!
El Camino College offers science classes that help transfer students. They provide resources and are very supportive.
The teachers really care about your success and are available for assistance whenever you have difficulties.
Community colleges are a great place to figure out who you are and what you really want, without breaking the bank on GE's. El Camino College is a good place to do that. The college offers a wide variety of majors and programs, but I think if you're willing to explore a few classes you've never considered it might make your experience all the more awesome. I initially went to school with the intention of one degree, took a journalism class and then decided to become a journalism major because I loved it so much. Writing for El Camino's newspaper and magazine was very rewarding, opened a lot of doors, and provided me with experiences that I don't think I would have received if I had gone to a 4-year first. A community college shouldn't be looked down on, it should be seen as a stepping stone in ones education.
Good place to take required courses for transfer to a four year program. Numerous courses to choose from for electives. Some studio art classes that meet requirements for transfer to a four year art college.
My El Camino College experience was great. I have to be honest, the first year I found myself completely disoriented. I didn't set my heart on a specific major which resulted into taking a couple of unnecessary courses. It was hard for me to juggle two jobs and school at the same time but luckily, my counselor assisted me in getting a schedule together to "make it work" for my busy schedule. The counselors really want you to succeed and be the best you can be. I also really liked all my professors, they were always available during their office hours and encouraged student to see them whenever they had a question. Students were also a friendly bunch and readily available to help you if you were “lost” in campus. The only thing that was a little frustrating was the ongoing construction that never ends! This would be the only thing I would like to see change in the future, they really need to just finish.
I had initially made a transfer from Los Angeles Harbor College to El Camino and I must say, it was one of the best decisions for me. El Camino's facilities along with its academic and educational system is far greater than any community college that I have encountered
What I liked about El Camino College was that how diverse the campus was. There are people from all around the world, so you get a chance to meet new people and learn about them and their culture. Also I loved how helpful the counselors were. They were always there to help solve any problem. I would like to see alittle more ways for students to get involved in school and get opportunities to grow.
El Camino College has truly been an incredible experience for me thus far. I can say that I am a completely different student compare to how I was throughout my K-12 years. It has made me different in the sense that I am more hard working as a student and much more active when it comes to homework, projects, essays, exams, etc. Yes, I have downs and some failures throughout my time at El Camino College. But through those failures, it has made me a better student and has motivated me tremendously to be more responsible with my academic career. Overall, El Camino College is a great college and one that I would recommend to any student who is looking for a fair and very good College to attend.
El Camino is the gateway to getting into a college from transferring! Definitely the way to go if you are unsure of your major or didn’t get into the college of interest as a freshman. Going to community college also helps save a ton of money in the long run!
I really love it here. I have lived in Torrance for about 6 years now and the community plus the help and resources available to students at El Camino college is really great. I always find myself wanting to learn more. The professors are great here too, as long as you know who to have as a teacher.
I have been at El Camino College for one year. The campus is nice and most of the professors are helpful and want to see their students succeed. The only annoying thing is currently there is construction going on making it hard to get around on campus. Asides from academics El Camino's sports teams are decent and a great place to make new friends. Overall I would give El Camino a 7/0 rating
You feel like you are in a safe environment because there is police and security patrolling the campus. Also the staff at El Camino are helpful and seem like they enjoy what they do.
Start Your Review of El Camino College
Over the years that I have attended El Camino, I've experienced nothing but good education and good teachers, including tutor. The campus has excellent resources along with great counselors more than willing to help
El Camino college is a great place for relatively easy classes at a low cost! I would defiantly recommend that everyone attend community college before transferring to a four year.
It is a nice area for a campus to be placed on. The school is clean and the staff is really supportive. Classes are not impacted and usually easy to make your own schedule if you are able to register early. The parking lots are somewhat enough for the capacity of students but sometimes there is a rush hour when finding a parking. You could find really good professors that actually care for your education.