ECPI University Reviews

1,179 reviews
So far my experience with ECPI University has been okay. I had no complications with my enrollment and getting my classes together. My career counselor was very helpful. I did have a few issues when it came to the school's financial aid department. I found out that I may be eligible for financial aid, so I applied. My career counselor and financial aid counselor advised that I go ahead and start my classes early so I wouldn't be behind. I started my freshman orientation class, but little did I know my financial aid was not secure. Three weeks into a five week course, I find out that I'm not eligible for financial aid and that I will have to pay for the course out of pocket. I did not appreciate my counselors allowing me to start the class without financial security. Now I'm in a situation where I have to find funding soon so that I can pay for this course. Besides this situation ECPI is a great school.
It is a great school that has many helpful advisers and great tools for learning. I just wish there was more for students that have to take courses online.
I am a ECPI/MCI student and so far have enjoyed my experience here. We do need better food options and prices. We also need an ATM so many need cash for fees and other things and have to leave campus to find an ATM. Other than that the Newport News campus has been great. Amazing staff and faculty. It is very easy to find help here for any question. People are always willing to help or find someone who can help you. The classes although fast pace are very informative. The professors are very big advocates for the students and want to help them in succeeding.
Start Your Review of ECPI University
So far ecpi has been a great experience with advisors that really care about your success at the university. I am looking forward to a fantastic experience.
Great atmosphere professional staff from recruitment to registration staff. Everyone assist where they can, had the most memorable interview with admission advisor. She was pleasant, calm, patient & caring.
I am a veteran and when I saw this school and how military friendly they are I decided to check them out. I am absolutely shocked how they have been there for me and followed up on everything and anything I have inquired about. Two amazing individuals who I have dealt with are Charles Chestang and Irwin Silver. It has been a pleasure knowing that anything I need explained or taken care of they have both been right there. I am so excited to start this new chapter in life with this school. Thank you ECPI University
I went to ECPI University for Dental Assisting. I knew I wanted something fast and a career that I would enjoy going to everyday. The Professors and advisers made my time there fast and enjoyable. They provided me with tutoring whenever I needed it. Maintaining a great GPA granted me the chance to be a part of the National Technical Honors Society. ECPI also gave me the opportunity to give back and volunteer in many events. I graduated there with a great GPA and an outstanding resume.
I enjoy ECPI because it gives me the ability to go to school and work full time while in the military service.
I like the small class settings and the teacher to student ratio. I like how ECPI encourages continued education. I wish I could change the cost.
I am currently enrolled in the HealthCare Administrator program, receiving my Bachelor's degree and will be complete by May 2018. The staff is great, and helps out in any way possible. They go above and beyond to help their students succeed. The school is very diverse in the people that attend, they have military and people from very different backgrounds.
ECPI is great for working adults. Accelerated courses make earning a degree possible. However, there are times that classes aren't available for students to take, causing a student to 'sit out for a term", postponing the path to graduation, and interfering with financial aid.
My overall experience at ECPI University was wonderful. I immediately felt welcomed when I sat down with an advisor. My advisor gave me assurance on my classes and the program I was interested in. It was very beneficial for me to be able to do a walk through on the campus. I think ECPI University was a great choice for me because of it being so close to my home and it being a hands-on school, this will allow me to get real world experience for my future career in the health field. If there were anything I had to change about ECPI, I would not change anything.
Starting at ECPI I never had a doubt that this school wouldn't be the right fit for me. I have not met one staff member that didn't say hello to me in the hallway , all faculty were very welcoming. I am satified with my decision to go right into this medical program out of high school while I find it a bit challenging because the nursing area is a very competitive field ,you have to be wise and on ur game. Many of the people I go to school with are older than me also more experienced so I feel lower but in a way it causes me to push myself harder. My teacher has the ability to incorporate humor while still getting the point across and I find this helpful because it keeps me interested and helps remembering the subject better
I love this school because the classes are small and you get a lot of hands on experience! The school is very easy to locate. The staff are all very friendly and will help you in any way possible! I overall have had a great experience at ECPI.
I love the accelerated programs and that my books and uniforms are all included in tuition. However, the books provided are all e-books so I ended up spending money on books anyway to have a paper copy.
It was an amazing experience. The teachers are helpful and kind. The resources were plentiful and helpful.
It is the best decision I ever made. The facility and professors are outstandable and great. They give you great information during the short time your in the class
Start Your Review of ECPI University
I have only been there for three days but so far it's going really well. The teachers are very nice and seem to be dedicated to your sucess. It is a very fast paced school and there is a lot of work to do in a little amount of time but there is a lot of help there for you of you need it. I was misinformed about some of the information when I first signed up so just be sure to clarify everything and make sure it is all correct. Talk with your advisors in detail about the program that you will be taking and make sure you ask a lot of questions before you sign up. Other than that small thing I have no complaints so far.
I love the way the school it's structure I really please with the office people very nice and helpful personal I really grateful of the installations in my town Newport News, Va.
They are very friendly and very helpful when it comes to getting you the information you need. I feel like once I become a student I will be part of the family.