Eckerd College Reviews

NOT SURE AT THIS TIME, AS THIS WILL BE MY FRESHMAN YEAR AFTER GRADUATING FROM HIGH SCHOOL, PPHS. I PLAN TO ENJOY MY FRESHMAN YEAR, I PLAN TO REMAIN POSITIVE AND FOCUSED. I PLAN TO LEAD AND NOT FOLLOW, I PLAN TO ENJOY THE EXPERIENCES OF COLLEGE LIFE IN A SAFE AND HAPPY MANNER. I PLAN TO STUDY, BE ON-TIME, GET THE REST THAT I NEED IN ORDER TO PAY ATTENTION IN CLASS. I PLAN TO BE RESPONSIBLE, I PLAN TO BECOME A RESIDENT ASSISTANT, I PLAN TO BE IN ORDER, BE SAFE, ASK QUESTIONS, LEARN MY CRAFT, SHOW RESPECT AND BE RESPECTFUL OF MYSELF AND OTHERS. THANK YOU.
Eckerd is such a great environment. I have learned so much personally about myself and academically in my study field!
I love it here. The student body is so diverse and accepting of everyone. The professors truly care about each student and want them to succeed. Anyone who wants a small, liberal arts school should look into Eckerd College.
Review Eckerd College
I like how engaged the professors are. Making use of their office times is very important and wise, and it helps a lot for one-on-one discussion with the professors.
Welcome to the best college in the entire country. It's literally like living in paradise with classes. The professors are incredibly intelligent and understanding. The students are beond open minded and so much fun. There's always really lit parties on campus that never get shut down by cops, it's crazy how relaxed Eckerd is. Coming to Eckerd was the best choice i've ever made. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER.
As an incoming freshman, I was very terrified being so far from home. The people of Eckerd made me feel super comfortable right away. I made friends immediately and see them as life long friends. The professors are extremely helpful and the academics are very challenging. Although many of these classes are extremely challenging their are many things that Eckerd offers to help students improve their skills. I love this school an cannot see myself anywhere else.
I attended the PEL program starting in the year of 2006. I always wanted to complete my education and with The PEL program it was in the setting of older adults seeking the same.
I was very grateful the have that experience. The PEL program will be ending May 2017 and I am attempting to complete the final two classes needed for my Bachelor's degree.
After my first semester at Eckerd College, I realized I chose the right institution to further my education. Not only does the school provide the courses I need to achieve my major, but the professors and student body offer dozens of internship and outreach opportunities that allow me to get involved in community. In addition, the campus and student life just fits perfectly to my lifestyle.
Love it here. Beautiful school. Great academics. Very liberal student body. However, excessive partying and alcohol-drug abuse that is largely ignored by everyone.
Eckerd invites all persons to enjoy college while also challenging them on their academics and worldly views. Making them a more viable person for jobs in their future and readying them for the life ahead.
Eckerd is an absolutely amazing place where dreams come true. Everyone is super friendly, and we have an amazing time. Academics are strong and all of the teachers want to see you succeed. Eckerd provides you with so many job and internship opportunities it is amazing.
It has a wonderful campus, I love the small school feel and being so close to the ocean is always warm and inviting.
Being a student at Eckerd comes with a lot of preconceptions, like everyone walks around barefoot or if a marine science major, but in reality that isn't the case. Eckerd is filled with people unlike any other that see the world differently than most people do. The professors are amazing; they strive to educate young people so that they may be well rounded as to be able to critically think in their own way. Although Eckerd has some people from different countries, there are not that many. There are however people from all over the United States and not just solely from Florida. The atmosphere is conducive for learning in the environment is calm,peaceful, and always full of smiling faces eager to solve the next problem in the word.
Personally I love it here. I have never been so socially excepted before and have never have had so many opportunities be open to me. It is amazing to make so many friends that are so open to who you are. Many of the professors here are amazing people as well, some even doing their own projects and research projects. Not only does the smaller classes help with learning but it also creates a more interactive environment that it is especially beneficial to the students and professors. With Eckerd being so excepting and so wildly diverse, it creates the best atmosphere to anyone who truly wants to be here and excel in college.
I absolutely love the college! It has such a diverse choice of clubs in which to get involved, there is always help when you need it, the courses are stimulating but not too difficult, and the people are great. The food however could be better.
The careers office is supposed to be incredibly helpful, and it definitely seems like there is a lot of alumni support. However, it isn't a big name school anywhere outside of Florida.
This is a total party school where everyone gets wasted on the weekends and there isn't much else to do. Unless you have a car, there isn't any way to get off campus to go downtown, and there's nothing to do in the surrounding area. The classrooms are incredibly out of date and many professors still use over-head projectors. There are no smart boards or any use of electronic sources for teaching. The beach is nice, but if you don't drink and party, it's really difficult to make friends.
Review Eckerd College
RA's don't care about anything
The gym is super small and out of date
Everyone is always drunk or high