Eckerd College Reviews

Very fun and engaging. Eckerd University has a beautiful campus and a quite pleasant social scene. Beyond the sandy beaches and sunny faces the academic and club potential is quite sufficient. Also if you like to party, that does go on.
Eckerd is a beautiful "summer camp". I love how small all of my classes are and I love the environment here. This is a very inclusive, liberal arts school where students are given a lot more freedom than most universities. Eckerd will change your life.
The atmosphere, socially and academically, is amazing at Eckerd. I wouldn't change a thing! Longboarding to class barefoot and spending the afternoon tanning on the field or jumping off the pier are some of the things that make Camp Eckerd truly amazing.
Start Your Review of Eckerd College
I love Eckerd. It is a tight-knit community that has proven to able to cater to each individual student. While tuition and fees can be a steep financial burden, and the administration's sometimes lax attitude to actually helping you, the all around experience definitely makes up for it. My professors are great people, who really want to see me succeed. The community, though clique-ish at times because of Eckerd's size (<1800 students), is unique and fun-loving once you find your crowd.
Eckerd College has such a beautiful campus and the fact that the campus has its own beach puts the cherry on top. Not only that, the academics are rigorous and really challenge your intellect to learn as much as possible.
Eckerd College more amazing people working there than you'd ever expect when first looking at the school. Having professors who really want to work with you and see you succeed seriously does make all the difference. The rowdy party scene also doesn't hurt my rating of the school, though the amount of sexual assaults which occur on-campus and are covered up by the school heavily encouraging men and women to not report to the police is....heavily concerning. The food also has a tendency to roll the stomachs of anyone who doesn't have iron organs, and what's worse, there's no 24/7 place to eat on campus. There are very strict meal times in the cafeteria, and the meal plan is absolutely enforced (if you look in the handbook, it says the only way to get off it is a medical note from the Dr.!) which extremely cost-inefficient when there are free weekly shuttles to Wal-Mart. Other than that, Eckerd's a great place, would highly recommend.
NOT SURE AT THIS TIME, AS THIS WILL BE MY FRESHMAN YEAR AFTER GRADUATING FROM HIGH SCHOOL, PPHS. I PLAN TO ENJOY MY FRESHMAN YEAR, I PLAN TO REMAIN POSITIVE AND FOCUSED. I PLAN TO LEAD AND NOT FOLLOW, I PLAN TO ENJOY THE EXPERIENCES OF COLLEGE LIFE IN A SAFE AND HAPPY MANNER. I PLAN TO STUDY, BE ON-TIME, GET THE REST THAT I NEED IN ORDER TO PAY ATTENTION IN CLASS. I PLAN TO BE RESPONSIBLE, I PLAN TO BECOME A RESIDENT ASSISTANT, I PLAN TO BE IN ORDER, BE SAFE, ASK QUESTIONS, LEARN MY CRAFT, SHOW RESPECT AND BE RESPECTFUL OF MYSELF AND OTHERS. THANK YOU.
Eckerd is such a great environment. I have learned so much personally about myself and academically in my study field!
I love it here. The student body is so diverse and accepting of everyone. The professors truly care about each student and want them to succeed. Anyone who wants a small, liberal arts school should look into Eckerd College.
I like how engaged the professors are. Making use of their office times is very important and wise, and it helps a lot for one-on-one discussion with the professors.
Welcome to the best college in the entire country. It's literally like living in paradise with classes. The professors are incredibly intelligent and understanding. The students are beond open minded and so much fun. There's always really lit parties on campus that never get shut down by cops, it's crazy how relaxed Eckerd is. Coming to Eckerd was the best choice i've ever made. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER.
As an incoming freshman, I was very terrified being so far from home. The people of Eckerd made me feel super comfortable right away. I made friends immediately and see them as life long friends. The professors are extremely helpful and the academics are very challenging. Although many of these classes are extremely challenging their are many things that Eckerd offers to help students improve their skills. I love this school an cannot see myself anywhere else.
I attended the PEL program starting in the year of 2006. I always wanted to complete my education and with The PEL program it was in the setting of older adults seeking the same.
I was very grateful the have that experience. The PEL program will be ending May 2017 and I am attempting to complete the final two classes needed for my Bachelor's degree.
After my first semester at Eckerd College, I realized I chose the right institution to further my education. Not only does the school provide the courses I need to achieve my major, but the professors and student body offer dozens of internship and outreach opportunities that allow me to get involved in community. In addition, the campus and student life just fits perfectly to my lifestyle.
Love it here. Beautiful school. Great academics. Very liberal student body. However, excessive partying and alcohol-drug abuse that is largely ignored by everyone.
Eckerd invites all persons to enjoy college while also challenging them on their academics and worldly views. Making them a more viable person for jobs in their future and readying them for the life ahead.
Eckerd is an absolutely amazing place where dreams come true. Everyone is super friendly, and we have an amazing time. Academics are strong and all of the teachers want to see you succeed. Eckerd provides you with so many job and internship opportunities it is amazing.
Start Your Review of Eckerd College
It has a wonderful campus, I love the small school feel and being so close to the ocean is always warm and inviting.
Being a student at Eckerd comes with a lot of preconceptions, like everyone walks around barefoot or if a marine science major, but in reality that isn't the case. Eckerd is filled with people unlike any other that see the world differently than most people do. The professors are amazing; they strive to educate young people so that they may be well rounded as to be able to critically think in their own way. Although Eckerd has some people from different countries, there are not that many. There are however people from all over the United States and not just solely from Florida. The atmosphere is conducive for learning in the environment is calm,peaceful, and always full of smiling faces eager to solve the next problem in the word.
Personally I love it here. I have never been so socially excepted before and have never have had so many opportunities be open to me. It is amazing to make so many friends that are so open to who you are. Many of the professors here are amazing people as well, some even doing their own projects and research projects. Not only does the smaller classes help with learning but it also creates a more interactive environment that it is especially beneficial to the students and professors. With Eckerd being so excepting and so wildly diverse, it creates the best atmosphere to anyone who truly wants to be here and excel in college.