Eckerd College Reviews

Great party school here! It’s it’s chill and classes are serious. And south beach is beautiful! #knowyourlimits
Best decision to attend. Opened so many career doors for me! Loved being encouraged to travel and to "think outside"!
Eckerd College changed my life. The community is such a unique and positive place. I’ve never been happier with my life and I owe it all to this school. :)
Start Your Review of Eckerd College
Whenever I contact Eckerd College (EC), the staff has a warm and welcoming spirit. This not only applies to the staff but the students as well. everyone on campus is friendly and connected. This college feels like a home away from home. the palm trees and lakes that cover the campus give a feeling of being one with nature while also being at school.
Great experiences, and great location! It is very expensive but definitely worth the money. You’ll meet great people and really get a chance to experience different kinds of people from all over the world.
It has a very welcoming atmosphere, pet friendly policy, and is an overall unique place. Professors are generally quite helpful and friendly. Academica are rigorous in the sciences.
I would like to see more students of color, be treated more fairly and not judged by my color. The professors are pretty and if you luck up and get one that really cares you learn a lot. The coaches for sports are good but are not really open minded for changes. Some are but some are not.
Eckerd is truly pure magic. You will have amazing experiences and friends. Everyone at this school wants to save the world or have a dream that they are really pursuing. The professors will get to know you and administration is generally very nice. The biggest piece of advice I can give is that you will get from Eckerd what you put in. I know everyone says that, but that's because it's true. The one complaint I have is that Eckerd is definitely a bubble and you can lose sight of the real world (oh and the food... meh). Make sure Eckerd is for you, but if it is you won't even believe what's in store for you.
The department I was in was gutted my senior year. The social scene is toxic, you're either in or out, that's it. Even your friends will probably ditch you at a Kappa party without a second thought. The dorms are ok. Professors blatantly play favorites. Career resources is worthless. I received no advice on what to do as graduation came closer and was told I would be good for a masters program... A month after applications closed and almost a year after I should have started. All of my current earnings are from self learning I did after graduation (a skill I possessed before college). A complete waste of time and money
The campus is stunning. It is abundantly green and surrounded by water almost everywhere you look. The buildings are all relatively new and very well kept. There is even a student beach area where students can do homework in hammocks on the sand. The waterfront rents boats and gives wakebkarding lessons. It is truly incredible.
Eckerd College is a small, private university with a close-knit atmosphere. I like that the class sizes are small and each professor knows and cares about each student individually. Although the campus encourages an open-minded, liberal environment, I do feel that the school lacks representation and diversity of opinions at times. All in all though, the campus, academics, and student life are amazing.
I came and still go to Eckerd for two reasons. The academics are strong and personal with great professors, and the study abroad programs are well done and easily accessible. As a double major, the workload is very manageable. The mentoring program is excellent and I am very close with my professor mentor, but it is what you make of it. I also plan on studying abroad multiple times, which is only possible at Eckerd compared to regular institutions. Otherwise, the students who attend are self-proclaimed hippies with too much money and weed. There are gems within the community, I love my friends that I have, but the majority of the student population are as described above. The food and housing are mediocre at best, and the party scene is insane and not at all fun. St. Pete kinda sucks and is extremely segregated, and the downtown is just expensive. For the amount of money I am spending, I'm disappointed that the campus life is not up to par with the academics.
Take full advantage of the waterfront activities - paddle boarding, wakeboarding, etc. Participate in the campus activities, however also remember to STUDY!!!!
A very good liberal arts school with a focus on understanding different perspectives. However, too expensive (tuition) for what is offered to you as a student. The campus itself is very taken care of and the landscaping is always worked on. Besides, a good education and a nice landscape, the buildings need to be updated and students should receive more amenities for the tuition paid.
Visiting is like a vacation, gorgeous campus and amazing diverse food. Extremely expensive though. Although you get a lot of bang for your buck, it's still hard to fathom how much debt you'll have after you graduate.
Eckerd is a very small, but great liberal arts college in Saint Petersburg. Everything is great here like the small class sizes so you can really interact with your professors and are not just a number. Everyone here is so driven and hard working. Not to mention everyone is super nice and accepting. The small classes really give me a chance to excel while still living in paradise with my friends from all over the country. I could not picture myself being part of any other college community, this is where I belong.
There is no diversity but it looks like it might be changing. Depending on the class makes you feel if you are gaining anything. Campus is pretty.
Start Your Review of Eckerd College
Eckerd is a medium sized college located right on the waterfront in beautiful St. Petersburg Florida. Their admissions counselors and professors are very supportive in creating a program that best suits your career goals. They assign you a mentor who works closely with you to fine tune your program. They have a strong international travel program. There a wide diversity of clubs to get involved with and activities on campus every day.
Choosing Eckerd was one of the best decisions I've ever made! Eckerd has changed my life tremendously, in a way I could never have imagined. I have made incredible friends and been exposed to amazing opportunities. Eckerd truly lives up to its reputation of one the top 40 colleges that change lives.
It's a great school. Everyone is very nice and welcoming, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. It's right on the water, which means you always have a beautiful view. The campus is great, it's so nice to be able to hang out outside and study.