Eckerd College is ...
Private not-for-profit, Presbyterian
NCAA Division II (without football)
Sunshine State Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.57 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.61 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.61 responses
Most Popular Majors
Environmental Studies68 Graduates
Marine Biology and Oceanography54 Graduates
Business Administration and Management48 Graduates
Developmental and Child Psychology35 Graduates
International Business22 Graduates
Computer Science15 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.55 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.88 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.32 responses
Eckerd College Reviews
Choosing Eckerd was one of the best decisions I've ever made! Eckerd has changed my life tremendously, in a way I could never have imagined. I have made incredible friends and been exposed to amazing opportunities. Eckerd truly lives up to its reputation of one the top 40 colleges that change lives.
I came and still go to Eckerd for two reasons. The academics are strong and personal with great professors, and the study abroad programs are well done and easily accessible. As a double major, the workload is very manageable. The mentoring program is excellent and I am very close with my professor mentor, but it is what you make of it. I also plan on studying abroad multiple times, which is only possible at Eckerd compared to regular institutions. Otherwise, the students who attend are self-proclaimed hippies with too much money and weed. There are gems within the community, I love my friends that I have, but the majority of the student population are as described above. The food and housing are mediocre at best, and the party scene is insane and not at all fun. St. Pete kinda sucks and is extremely segregated, and the downtown is just expensive. For the amount of money I am spending, I'm disappointed that the campus life is not up to par with the academics.
The atmosphere, socially and academically, is amazing at Eckerd. I wouldn't change a thing! Longboarding to class barefoot and spending the afternoon tanning on the field or jumping off the pier are some of the things that make Camp Eckerd truly amazing.