COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
We are happy to begin welcoming prospective students and families to visit campus beginning June 22. Appointments must be made in advance at eckerd.edu/visit. For those who prefer to continue their college searches virtually, we invite you to learn more about the Eckerd experience at eckerd.edu/visit. Learn More
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeA-
Eckerd College is located on 188 acres of waterfront property in St. Petersburg, Florida. A private, coeducational, liberal arts college, Eckerd offers students with every background, belief and personality type a close and friendly community that values volunteer service, environmental activism, international learning, creative self-expression and academic excellence. Eckerd’s 1,970 students from 47 states and territories and 40 countries choose among 41 majors leading to a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Science degree. With outdoor laboratories in biology, marine science and environmental studies as well as an impressive array of intramural, club and intercollegiate sports and water recreation, Eckerd College teaches students to ThinkOutside.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.57 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.69 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.69 responses
Marine Science at Eckerd College
Our Marine Science program gives you one-on-one attention from Ph.D. professors from day one. Studying on Tampa Bay means you’ll be out on the water for four years doing the work that professionals do – and end up taking your pick of jobs and grad schools once you graduate with a marine science degree.
- of students say they don't have Greek life.63 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.96 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.32 responses