Eastern Washington University Reviews

1,497 reviews
eastern is such an amazing school, you get such a great atmosphere and vibes from everyone. the diversity and the different kinds of culture around is great, you feel like your at home everyone gets together with others and meet with one another. this is going to be your second home and second family. I would tell everyone to come here they have such great academic, financial, and health support around the campus. always having different activities around if your trying to have a little fun, a stress relief, or just meeting new people. i have had some much help from tutors here and study groups around, helping me with improving my grades and seeing a big difference. especially when I'm leaving in the dorms, i get to my classes faster it's so much easier and you get to interact with different people with different backgrounds which is such a beautiful and great experience to have. so i would love for people to join the eastern family. :)
I am very unimpressed and I am extremely suprised that it is the top 1000 anything. This place is disappointing; a joke, as are some of the people. I am sure people are very much capable of succeeding here, however the students I have met either need a serious attitude change, or some mental health support. Safety here, too is poor. You get what you pay for here.
I visited Eastern Washington University in January 2018. It was a beautiful campus that was full of student life and there were many buildings that said there was diversity among the students. I was welcomed very kindly while visiting the school.
Start Your Review of Eastern Washington University
This campus has such a good environment. The professors and staff are very friendly and are always here to help with anything. there's so many resources around campus and theirs always so much to do here!
This is the best school in the area, the campus is wonderful, I love my dorm and my neighbors. The air smells fresh, the professors are professional and most importantly, it feels like home to me.
All of the classes I have taken were great. The only thing I would like to see change is the architecture; most of the buildings look as if they are from the 70's or 80's.
Enjoyed my time at Eastern. I like that it is located in a small town, but students can always drive or take the bus 15 minutes to the much larger city of Spokane. The professors are great and are very personable with students. The campus is easy to navigate and students are nice and friendly.
I really enjoy the atmosphere of EWU because the professors truly care about their students well-being and they do all that they can to create a safe and welcoming environment for the students that attend Eastern Washington University.
Small, welcoming campus. Easy to navigate, nice staff. I am in the Visual Communications Design program and all of my professor so far have loved their jobs and are very helpful.
I'd like to see more curriculum emphasis on applying to internships and increasing the network between local and regional companies and the school within the science majors. I found this a bit lacking in the Biology Department, especially those seeking opportunities in the biotech sector. I felt very underprepared and underqualified for these positions upon graduation when competing against students who graduated from other state schools, like UW and Pacific Lutheran.
Eastern Washington is a very safe university. A small town and a very close-knit community. There are a lot of things under construction at the moment, but it will only make for an even more beautiful school.
I have been at Eastern Washington University for 4 years. I have come across amazing professors who have gone above and beyond to provide great knowledge to the students they teach. One thing I would like to see a change on campus is the diversity. Often times racism is presented often and it can impact others academic skills.
Eastern Washington university is a great school for those who don't like small schools but feel overwhelmed with big schools its the perfect size and the teachers put an effort to learn your name they really want the best for you and give you many opportunities to get the best grade possible. Eastern had a very beautiful campus and its one you won't get lost in.
The students at Eastern Washington University are nice and professors care about helping students succeed. Students are encouraged to utilize professors and study groups and programs to succeed in their classes. The faculty is focused on helping students achieve their college and career goals and graduation requirements. People on campus are trustworthy and campus police can easily be contacted throughout the campus. The small knit community of EWU/Cheney Washington makes EWU a good place to go to college.
This school is a very average school, the buildings are alright but it's a little outdated. Some of the dorms are good but others are not very good. It's a very affordable school which is why a lot of people go there. The greek life is very minimal but it's still good, there's very limited places to get food, but they're working very hard to improve the overall experience at the university.
Eastern Washington University is an best choice for any student to attend too. They help out a lot with most students by making sure you’re on track for graduating and never to fall behind. They helped me seek strategies for studying that I never thought I could’ve came up with in high school. The resources provided to us is actually helpful and I see myself and others use it a lot to help through assignments and projects that are due. This is one dependent schools anyone should attend, the academics here are on top and every student here succeeds everytime. One thing I would want to change would having more students use to resources provided to us, because they actually do help and benefit me a lot. And If I was a high school student looking for somewhere to apply I would definitely suggest this school to help you get to where you want to go later in life.
My experience at Eastern Washington University has been generally positive. The professors, both adjunct and tenured are passioned and knowledgeable. I also have found the campus lovely if not demure.
Start Your Review of Eastern Washington University
I love that Eastern is such a diverse school and that I am able to find many career options here. I love that there are many career fairs and I can take courses that will help me choose my career. I find all of the professors want to help me succeed here and help me reach my goal of becoming a teacher. I also love that I am able to get free transportation to Eastern Washington University via the city bus. This school is definitely so much better than I thought it was even going to be.
The environment is very diverse, which is what I love most about Eastern. They have a variety of cultural appropriate classes as well and have teachers who are educated or are from the same culture as they are teaching. The only thing I dislike is the snow because Eastern students and snow do not mix.
Eastern Washington University is a wonderful university. It is located in Cheney Washington so it has that college town vibe, but is close enough to Spokane to still have everything you need. Eastern offers plenty of resources to help envery student succeed.