Eastern Washington University is ...
NCAA Division I-FCS
Big Sky Conference
Eastern Washington University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.109 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.121 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.120 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management174 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities152 Graduates
Exercise Physiology86 Graduates
Child Development73 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services71 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 71 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.136 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.168 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.86 responses
Eastern Washington University Reviews
Eastern Washington University is a great place to go to school. The atmosphere is great and there is always something to do around campus. The campus is absolutely stunning. Plus, everyone there is so nice and genuine. The professors are great and are always willing to work with the students. In addition, the facilities on the campus are top notch. Labs have new equipment and the interior of the buildings are always very clean and current. There are many activities to go do at EWU. Many students enjoy attending the football games that are played on red turf. I would recomend this school for anyone who is looking to make great memories!
As a student, my experience at Eastern has been like a dream. The dorms are comfortable and clean, food is a short walk from anywhere on campus, and the classrooms are state-of-the-art and incredibly clean. The average freshman scholarship is about $14,000! That's over half of the usual, in-state tuition. Many of my highschool teachers attended Eastern, and they ended up being incredible teachers. The campus is big enough to feel free, but small enough to feel safe when I am walking alone. Security is never more than a minute away. To add to all of this: the buffet is stellar.
Eastern Washington University was a fair priced school and very diverse. Although, it is a small town, I didn't fear for my life or felt as if there were bad neighborhoods or places to avoid. That being said, the places to eat or have tasty food isn't necessarily in Cheney, but Spokane isn't too far away and the bus system is wonderful!