Eastern Oregon University Reviews

This is my first time attending a college or a school in the U.S. I love the weather, I'm getting used to the cold. There is always something to do here. There is a library, gym, football field, and theater. If I want to study or just want to have a quiet time, I will go to the library. If I have free time, I go to the gym and workout or play basketball or volleyball. There are always games every week in the gym or the football field. Every semester there are shows or play that happen in the theater and they are really great shows. The professors, faculty, and staffs are always there for their students. When I need help, they reach out and help me in any way possible. It is a small campus so almost everyone knows everyone. The environment around this campus is so clean and it makes me feel good walking to class. I like everything about this campus and the people in it.
Eastern Oregon University has fantastic professors, inspiring academic pursuits, and an administration that tries to make everyone's experience better. Whether they actually pull it off has yet to be seen. You come here for the academics. The culture on campus is very accepting, despite being located in rural America.
This university is all about the profits that they will make off the students. It is a very important part of staying open as a college; however, I think the advisors and employees abuse their authority to get students to take unnecessary classes and spend unnecessary money.
Moreover, I think the education I have received so far has proven to be excellent in my continuing of education.
Start Your Review of Eastern Oregon University
Online programs are good. Professors are typically great. I had one horrible, one borderline horrible, and one really pompous professors in 4 years, not bad.
I have been at Eastern Oregon University for over a year now and I absolutely love it! From the staff to the teachers, everyone has been extremely helpful. All of my issues have been resolved quickly. I am doing the online program because I prefer a self paced environment. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.
Attending Eastern was one of the best decisions I've made. The atmosphere is unlike any other and the professors genuinely care about the success of their students. The buildings are clean and well kept and the classes are not over packed.
Eastern Oregon is a beautiful campus that has a close-knit community. They have many different programs and also have a superior outdoor program that really helps students be part of the environment. The classes are small, and you are able to connect with the professors. Additionally, this college provides affordable accommodations. All in all, EOU is a perfect option for those who want to find a smaller reasonable college, bustling with activities and clubs.
I've been taking college classes part time online while working full time for years. Eastern Oregon U is the first 4 year institution that offered an online English program for continuing education students like me. I know they're one of the few, I've done the leg work. The classes offered are unique, the administration and advisors are quick to respond, and overall it is one of the friendliest and most welcoming institutions I've been a part of.
Great experience at this school so far. I love the weather during Spring and there is so much outdoor activity to do.
I like Eastern Oregon University because the class sizes are smaller than they would be at larger universities like Oregon State University. There is a lot of great staff who are willing to help when you need it and if you just ask.
So far i have loved my experience. There are faculty who are set knowledgable in their field, and I have learnt a lot from them. A negative is that there isn’t many scholarship opportunities.
As I have almost come to an end of my first year at EOU, I have enjoyed it. I have enjoyed all of my professors and have met some awesome people. There are great opportunities on campus and in La Grande.
The small campus is great for being able to interact with instructors more. The classes offered aren't varied as well because of its size, but they are quality classes.
Eastern Oregon is located in La Grande Oregon. This university offers online classes for a reasonable price. It's classes are small where professors are able to help you more.
I am an incoming freshman this coming fall. I have toured twice around the campus and really like the location and the dorm rooms. I haven’t tried the food yet but I have heard great things.
It is a small, quaint college. The access to food and drinks is available breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The faculty members are extremely helpful and patient. They are also very nice. The online facets of the school are set up well so we students do not have trouble accessing course materials and submitting due assignments. The bookstore has several versions of required reading materials along with leisurely reading materials. Clothing and snacks are available there as well. Purchases can be made with cash or credit, or digital money on any one student's account. Diversity is also a large concern with the school. Many students from many backgrounds attend Eastern Oregon University because of the school's persistent work in recruitment.
There are many great students that attend the college and there are also many great professors there that care about your education and success. However, I think a student could do better with their education somewhere else. A student would find the tuition somewhere else worth it for the value of the education that they would receive. The faculty, such as the financial aid office, is not the best at helping the students afford to go to the college and can even be frustrating at times. It's a great community but I think any student could find a better option of a college to attend to rather than this one.
Start Your Review of Eastern Oregon University
I like how EOU is very diversed, I see a lot of Pacific Islanders at the school, Latinos, Asians, Americans, and others. The teachers, staff, and faculty members are very welcoming and nice towards me in terms if academics and social life. EOU is a peaceful school and I feel like I'm at home.
It is really sad that they saw an opportunity and started charging people more money. Now i have to change my degree again because I am desperate to get my bachelors degree and then now I want to be a teacher. So at first I was set up to take two classes I need to finish a bachelors so I can attempt for a mat....teaching in elementary school. I looked it up 1900 dollars two classes for business administration ,I can't afford that. I now have my counselor searching for another avenue for my bachelors degree and classes are coming up and I am not even sure what to do. I think it is extremely unfair that eou charges extra money for being online and extra money for business econ.
Eastern Oregon University has an on-site location in Ontario, Oregon where I am continuing my education. I have great instructors, and I have been provided an opportunity to continue my education because of this school.