Eastern Mennonite University Reviews

While only being there for a couple of weeks; I can't get over how helpful and friendly all of the staffers are. I mean any college will say they'll help or are glad to see you. The staff here at EMU really mean it. They make you feel so welcome and that you are truly wanted.
I love the place. I grew up in Harrisonburg, and am now attending school here too. The Shenandoah Valley is a beautiful place for any college campus. The first name basis with the professors makes me feel right at home and wanted in the classroom. There's lots to get involved in on campus, but life kind of dies on the weekends.
Eastern Mennonite University is a quality school. The professors and administrators very much have a heart for all of the students.
Start Your Review of Eastern Mennonite University
It was great to see how a community cares about serving and reaching out to others. They always had some projects going on to help others out in many different situations.
EMU has a very strong community feel. The professors are very invested in the students and they always want to make sure their students succeed.
Very nice campus with very nice professors. The science programs are very good and the facilities are wonderful. Overall it is a good school but it could work on food service and residence life.
I'm pursuing a Bachelor's degree through the Adult Degree Completion Program. This program is organized, well-structured, and meets my needs in earning a Business degree in Leadership and Organizational Management
The athletic facilities are adequate for athletes and students. The school focuses on academics and interpersonal exchanges. Sports such as soccer, volleyball, baseball and basketball are included as a component for health and mind/body development.
I earned an Associate's degree from a community college. As a non-traditional student, I wanted to be associated with a school that was not a diploma mill, that allowed me to transfer the most number of my earned college credits, and also enable me to earn a Bachelor's degree in the shortest amount of time as a part-time student. My persona preference was to be in an environment that fostered an active, real-time discussion of ideas instead of an exchange of emails. I chose EMU's ADCP because it met all of these factors.
I attend evening/night classes, and there is always a security guard present and seen in the building by the entrances to ensure the safety of all students. I never have been worried about the lack of security or protections on campus.
Since I attend the Lancaster, PA campus, I believe that this program is one of the best ones out there. So many of my fellow co-workers previously went through the program and I never heard anything negative about it. It was absolutely wonderful! As I continue on in the program with my cohort, I believe that the quality of the employers at EMU strive for excellence and ensure all the students are happy and well taken care of.
Overall, I really enjoy working with the professors, because they are willing to work for me. I feel very supported and constantly motivated towards success. It is so welcoming to be a part of a university who doesn't just feel like they are taking my money or pushing me out the door. There are so many professors who are willing to meet one on one to make sure I understand the course content and I am successful. My experience at Eastern Mennonite University has been much better than when I attended another college for my ASN in nursing.
I am pursuing a career as a high school math teacher. I know that in the local area EMU graduates are known for their quality of work. I know that this will be helpful when I look for a local job after graduation.
I have enjoyed getting to know my professors. If at any point I need help, I merely stop by their offices and ask. They are always kind and willing to give advice and help.
I feel safe on campus.
EMU is a small campus and all of my classes are within a ten minute walk (from my dorm room to my desk in class).
I have enjoyed participating in the new Pep Band. We attended many home basketball games and cheered on our Royals! It was a lot of fun and allowed me to get involved in and support the sports activities at EMU.
Start Your Review of Eastern Mennonite University
I am a rising sophomore at EMU. I chose EMU for several reasons (small class sizes, small campus, Christian atmosphere, cross cultural program, honors program, and proximity to home) and I am very glad I did. It is truly like no other!
It's great if you're living with your friends - and if not, all the dorms are near each other so it's not too far to walk to another dorm to be with your friends.
Our teams win about half to 3/4 of the time but we have good school spirit and it's a lot of fun to watch the games.