COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Our COVID FAQ page includes questions about safely returning home for winter break. It still includes answers to your commonly asked questions about health and safety, residence life, athletics and more. There are also sections related to our Lancaster site and the Washington Community Scholars' Center. Learn More
- Party SceneC+
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB
EMU offers rigorous academic study at the undergraduate, graduate, and seminary levels. More than 2000 students study at our main campus in Harrisonburg, Virginia, at our Lancaster, Pennsylvania site, and online. EMU encourages students, faculty, and staff to live their faith and values through service to others, peacemaking, cross-cultural engagement, and sustainability. Students, faculty, and staff collaborate, learn, and lead together.
Professors know their students by name and provide lifelong networks and support. You can choose from 50+ programs of study designed to prepare you for a career. Experience hands-on learning and mentoring from faculty as you develop marketable skills and confidence in teamwork, leadership, and intercultural communication.
Eastern Mennonite University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.22 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.26 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.26 responses
Liberal Arts and Humanities27 Graduates
Divinity, Ministry, and Pre-Theology24 Graduates
Organizational Behavior Studies18 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services11 Graduates
Digital Communication and Media/Multimedia8 Graduates
STEM at EMU
At EMU, STEM students receive hands-on lab experiences, personal career advice, and guidance from faculty, as well as resume-building internships and research experiences, customized for your field. We offer valuable opportunities such as in-depth cadaver labs, participation in innovative environmental conservation efforts, and national-level competition in programming and cryptanalysis contests.
- Willingness to work hard85%
- of students say they don't have Greek life.26 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.34 responses
- Like no other30%
- Only great if you are Mennonite15%
- Flexible and accomodating10%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.15 responses