Eastern Maine Community College Reviews

Great school!! Classes are small and the teacher's do all they can to help students succeed. There is a very diverse student ethnicity, giving more opportunity to learn how other countries handle education and just what's is different between where they are from to the United States. Great for people who want to return to school after a long absence. The faculty really helps each student with thier own specific needs to make rreturning very easy and a smooth transition.
The reason I choose Surgical Technology at Eastern Maine Community College is because it’s close to my home and community, its affordability and also provides outstanding education with a small class size. This program will continue to strengthen my skills, abilities, qualifications and assertiveness in high stress environments, and I can remain caring for patients in a well-balanced and thinking manner.
Great campus, fun clubs, fantastic faculty. Lots of available resources, everyone is super friendly, and they really prepare you for the job market. No competitive sports, but there are physical clubs.
Start Your Review of Eastern Maine Community College
While the teachers themselves are amazing for the most part, I would only recommend you come here if you're a commuting student who lives in the area or a high school student looking for college credits. I hate living on campus, especially in the 'nicer' dorm (Kineo), because there's no one around and nothing to do. The gym has nothing in it except broken down equipment, the dining hall is hit or miss (mostly miss when you get to the end of the semester), there's no community, and no higher ups have any idea what they're doing or why they barely retain students. There's no organization here at all, and with the exception of the resident director in Acadia Hall, the resident halls are the worst place to be. Good luck trying to find something to do on the weekends, the bus that's supposed to stop EVERY DAY at a certain time hardly shows up, and the Bangor Mall is shutting everything down one by one.
I am currently a student at EMCC. I enjoy this school because I am a mother of 2 children and I am able to stay at home and receive over 50% of my degree without having to sit in a classroom daily. Also, being a new student I couldn't not ask for a better school. I have had nothing but help from my professors, financial aid office, and other students.
So far the experience has been great. I feel I'm receiving a good education at a great price. The instructors are thorough and the environment is positive. It's been a long time since I've been in school and Eastern Maine Community College made the transition very easy for me.
Its a good school with a lot of good people. Its always a fun time on campus with good food and interesting peoppe. You really in a way become friends with a lot of people that you see every day with it being a small campus. All and all I think it is a good school for eveeyone to look into
Eastern Maine is a great school and very affordable. The environment there is amazing. The staff members are very helpful always willing to help without any judgment. The only think I dislike there is the food
Eastern Maine Community College is wonderful. The classes are small and it is easy to set up meetings with professors or get free tutoring at the Student Success Center. I love my program, Secondary Education, and I feel like my teachers are very supportive and they work with me when I have scheduling conflicts. I would recommend EMCC to anyone that: wants an associate degree, wants to transfer to a four year university, or needs smaller class sizes.
Eastern Maine Community College is the perfect small, transition school for anyone who has either been out of the game for awhile, or just isn't ready or wanting to take a big University leap. My experience here was pleasant, but it never really fit for me. Not because it was bad or anything along those lines, but because I always had a traveling side to me, I wanted to see the world. College in state was never for me, but if you're looking for a small, stepping stone education on your way to bigger things, this is the perfect school for you.
The teachers at this school are amazing and actually make sure you understand what they are teaching, which makes the class more enjoyable.
What a great school. Small classes mean I get a lot of one on one attention. I'm currently in the Electrical and Automation Technology program. My teachers go above and beyond preparing me to work in the industry. Those students that want to learn more are able to transfer to the University of Maine and earn a 4 year degree in their EET program. It's so nice to have options and knowing I'll be getting a great job after graduation.
You get what you pay for. After getting by the underfunded staff, this school is still a good option for those who shouldn't accept the burden of $80,000 in student loan debt from other surrounding universities.
Nice school with lots of majors, doesn't cost much but the overall experience is a positive one. Great professors and is close to other things to do for college students
I live in the dorms and classes are pretty easy and lots of support from the college/ teachers.
They are hard but they get easier.
They show allot of support towards the community .
Start Your Review of Eastern Maine Community College
The instructors spend allot of time helping their students.
in the Computer Science degree. i like the friendly community, everyones willing to help each other.
I really like the college.