Eastern Kentucky University Reviews

1,377 reviews
My experience at EKU is beyond word....I entered EKU in Fall of 2017 and I have not regretted one day. The professors,students management is awesome. Its a home away from home. The environment is very safe, police patrol very often and every member of the staff at EKU are very polite always willing to assist even when its off time after classes and even the RSA are very helpful in taking you shopping for anything that you may need outdside of the school environment. I am very happy I choose EKU cause my family do not have to worry about safety, food infact they dont have to worry about anything other than getting my tutition paid and even to that the financial officers are very helpful in recommending scholarships opportunities for me.
I am very thankful for my friend in recommending EKU to me and I have no hesitation recommending EKU to any one who is interesting in achieving a great experience in College.
I like the small community and how class sized we not too big. All staff is super friendly and helpful. Student life is not the greatest, it takes time to get to know people and get involved.
It is a friendly environment and the professors are extremely eager to help you learn. The campus has recently had many renovations and is continuously expanding to meet the needs of all students.
Start Your Review of Eastern Kentucky University
I would to see a larger amount of minorities (not in percentage points, but real numbers. I like the quality of education I am receiving. There is plenty on time for studying. Very good resources, etc. studying, financial aid. The school is close to my grandma who has had several strokes and open heart surgery. There are a various food sources on ground plus the cafeteria which has pretty good food choices. Financial aid for instate students is very good.
I have only been here one full semester, but I already love this college. It's affordability is amazing, the college has its own police department, as well as a state police building on campus, the local area is nice, however rather small, but that's great for people who aren't a fan of large cities! There are parties going on somewhere every weekend for people looking to have fun. The food is pretty good at the kitchen, and there's plenty of restaurants scattered about campus.
In my time here at EKU, home of the Colonols, I have really enjoyed being a student here on campus. EKU isn’t too big or too small. It is perfect in size. Classroom sizes are usually around 30 students per class some smaller and some bigger. The professors here are great! They really care about you and want to make sure you do your best in their class. They are willing to stay after class or hold study sessions or talk to you during office ours. Overall EKU is probably the best or at least one of the best colleges someone can attend.
As I went on a tour there once, all teachers ad students were all so friendly with each other and the tourist. The campus was so beautiful and so maintained; it was fantastic!
Eastern is a friendly and cost efficient school. The campus is walkable, and the scenery is beautiful. Student life is pretty good and friendly. The university has froze their tuition, so the cost to go here isn't too much. Scholarships they offer are very good, and obtaining them isn't too difficult if you apply yourself. Overall, the school is very caring in students finical needs and help their students out whenever they can.
My experience so far at Eastern Kentucky University has been wonderful. The professors, staff, and others apart of EKU are very welcoming. There is something on campus for everyone to do and be apart of. Eastern is located in the perfect college town, lots of food, shopping and hang out places. The staff at EKU is so helpful and polite.
It’s a great college. Lots to do on campus and people are very friendly. My professors have been very helpful with my coursework and I have made a lot of good friends here. The campus is very large and beautiful and it is in a nice city where there is a lot to do at night
It is a very open community and offers a lot of programs for diverse groups. They are understanding with academics and strive to see students succeed. There is currently a lot of construction taking place so it has inhibited some routes through campus. However, the new buildings and renovations are improving the campus. The construction has also caused tuition to raise.
I've enjoyed my time at EKU. It's a public school with a small town feel and the professors really get to know you on a more personal level. Most of my professors encourage visiting during office hours to catch up on missed work, answer questions, or just chat.
EKU has given me an opportunity to further my education while I still care for my family. It has been amazing.
EKU has been an affordable state college for a long time. It is wonderful that they offer free tuition to the dependents of their employees. However, EKU is striving too much to compete with UK and U of L. They continue to increase tuition to the point where their previous students will no longer be able to attend.
I love this college campus. They have a great cafeteria and classrooms. The only thing i see that i don’t like is the parking. There should be a place for students to park near their dorm.
I love this school. The environment is very important to me and I am very excited about this opportunity for the future of my family and I.
I am currently attending Eastern Kentucky University. I am a sophomore who is involved with one of the Greek organizations on campus. One of the main things I like about Eastern Kentucky is the student life, which is quite active and gets people involved on campus. They have many events which can be attended. I also think the Professors at EKU are excellent and really know how to get classes involved.
Start Your Review of Eastern Kentucky University
The school is not too small, and its not too big. The professors care a lot, and the class sizes are never too big. There's plenty of great food options, and the campus in it's self is amazing to explore. Welcome to a great variety of people with various different backgrounds and multiple organizations to join this college allows students to have a great experience.
I really enjoy this university. It is not as large and confusing as its neighbor UK but it is large enough to have lots to do but contained enough to understand the layout easily. It is a very comfortable feeling. The town of richmond although small is really homey and comfortable. And with lexington only a short drive away it is really easy to do about anything you want. I really recommend this school to anyone considering it. The professors are great in the psych department and they all really care about their students.
I am a part of EKUs Upward Bound program. As an Upward Bound student we spend 6 weeks in the summer living on campus, traveling, and taking classes. I love EKU and the vibe it gives off. I feel very safe at EKU.