Eastern Kentucky University is ...
NCAA Division I-FCS
Ohio Valley Conference
Eastern Kentucky University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.80 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.90 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.90 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities292 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration223 Graduates
Hazardous Materials and Industrial Safety Technician97 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services78 Graduates
Police and Criminal Science72 Graduates
Homeland Security68 Graduates
Elementary Education60 Graduates
Occupational Therapy59 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.113 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.137 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.55 responses
Eastern Kentucky University Reviews
I have only been here one full semester, but I already love this college. It's affordability is amazing, the college has its own police department, as well as a state police building on campus, the local area is nice, however rather small, but that's great for people who aren't a fan of large cities! There are parties going on somewhere every weekend for people looking to have fun. The food is pretty good at the kitchen, and there's plenty of restaurants scattered about campus.
In my time here at EKU, home of the Colonols, I have really enjoyed being a student here on campus. EKU isn’t too big or too small. It is perfect in size. Classroom sizes are usually around 30 students per class some smaller and some bigger. The professors here are great! They really care about you and want to make sure you do your best in their class. They are willing to stay after class or hold study sessions or talk to you during office ours. Overall EKU is probably the best or at least one of the best colleges someone can attend.
EKU is known in Kentucky as a "suitcase" college. It's perfect for students/parents who are looking for just a little bit of freedom and impendence, but who want to be close to home for personal reasons or in case of emergencies. The price, while still too high (as all colleges are), is low in comparison to nearby state colleges. EKU is experiencing a dip in athletic achievement, but is fairly sound academically. Some departments are better than others. I'm in music education and, in my experience, the education professors are good, but the administration is a mess. They have trouble communicating. The music department is doing quite well, but it's important that you get to know the professor you'll be studying with so you know what you're committing to. The campus is undergoing some major changes and administrative shuffling (like outsourcing to Aramark), some for the better, some for the worse. Time will tell.