Eastern Illinois University Reviews

1,173 reviews
Eastern was amazing! It taught me so much on reality, importance of grades, social life, and family. We were truly all a one big happy family.
Eastern has one of the most positive environments out of any school that I've visited and attended. The location is great, with many stores, activities, and resources within walking distance of campus, and there is always something fun to do. Eastern offers a wide variety of majors, so there is sure to be something there that you'll like, and the majority of the professors are very knowledgeable and willing to help their students to succeed. It's also a very safe campus with a very supportive student body as well as blue emergency polls that alert people to trouble and let you call the campus police. I couldn't imagine attending any other school. In some ways, Eastern feels more like home to me than my own house does!
Decent school to get an affordable education. Campus is sub-par. 99% of students are involved in Greek fraternities/sororities; not surprising to see drunk people at 10am.
Review Eastern Illinois University
I choose Eastern, because my mom went to school here a long time ago and when I came to visit I feel in love just like she did. I think they could change how they advertise the school and where they put their money towards and asking students what they want to see change at Eastern and let the students be involved in that choice.
Eastern Illinois University is an amazing university. With only 10,000 students, it is very easy to find your place on campus. Eastern has a very welcoming and inviting atmosphere, as well as excellent academics.
My expectations of this school was very high because it was my top choice. This school has met and exceeded some of my expectations. the professors are very knowledgable about the course they teach and the course material, they always make themselves available to help. The campus is very safe and welcoming. The student social life at Eastern could be better, more students need to participate in the programs and clubs that are offered. Overall i love this school and i am enjoying my college experience.
I really loved the atmosphere. The vibe of the school is really cool and overall i just feel safe. The food was amazing and it never failed to have what i enjoyed the most.
Student to teacher ratio is great have great professors here also the school is in a very quite city (Charleston, IL) and have lots on campus events that you can attend.
I love the campus! Its not too big and not too small. The people on campus are very friendly and welcoming. I plan to swim at Eastern Illinois University and the swim team is just what I have been looking for. The coach is great and the team is awesome. I really like all of the athletic facilities. And on top of all of that, Eastern Illinois University has the major I want. Charleston is a great city and I can't wait to attend there in the fall of 2017.
Eastern has very good academics and a beautiful campus. After only spending a semester in Charleston I absolutely love it!
A close-knit community with a great student to teacher ratio that will encourage one's education.

Academically, it really varies in each department, but everything is really straight forward.

It isn't too diverse, but are taking steps to be. There is an emergence of more international students as time goes on.
Eastern Illinois University is a wonderful school. I love that it is a very close and small community. Everyone you meet at Eastern helps you out in the long run of being there. Down from the professors to the janitors, no one there wants to see you doing bad. Another thing I love about Eastern is the small classrooms. I feel like I can connect with my classmates better and also the professors. All in all Eastern is one of the top colleges in my opinion in the state of Illinois, it's safe, fun, and enjoyable.
My experience at EIU has been very good so far. I have made some new friends and I have learned a lot about my self. The environment is really good and I have had some pretty good professors. I have learn a lot in just a short amount of time. I learned that you are responsible for your own success. If you are not willing to put the time and effort into your success then you are not going to make it. This school has shown me that hard work and dedication will help you to succeed. You are in control of your own future and you have to want to be successful.
I'm in my freshmen year and so far it is really fun being here. My professors are great and the classes are challenging. I would change the food, but other than that everything is great.
I have been honored to be able to call Eastern Illinois University my home. The small campus is friendly and inviting. My teachers have a passion for their jobs that makes learning from them all the more worth while. The food on campus is amazing, the best food can be found at Stevenson Dining hall. Booth library is an oasis of learning on the campus. Students on campus show their panther pride wherever they go. I love this University and would not change a thing about it.
Small class sizes. Big university education with a small school feel. The community is very safe. On Wednesdays, we eat grilled cheese.
I like how connected the students are and how friendly students are around campus. Everyone around campus just naturally gives off good vibes, and the students are always willing to help one another. The days when the weather can be hazardous, there always people on campus to assist with us students getting to class and making the commute as safe as possible. The one thing I would like to see improve is the library hours. I feel the place should be open 24hra because the library is the place that all students can get their work done at a very high rate.
Review Eastern Illinois University
This is a great university. There is a lot of diversity, the facility are great, and the teachers really sit down and get to know each student. Class room sizes are small so it's better because you can really interact with the teacher.
I like how the college looked, I also really like how the college have a lot of majors. At Eastern Illinois University their are also a lot of opportunities for jobs and internships in the college. The financial aid office is amazing. The atmosphere is amazing. The school spirit is uplifting. The teachers are great, the College also have many creative people.
EIU is a great school. Professors are good teachers and provide great help. Not only that, Eastern is resourceful and has great people and organizations to fall back on.