Eastern Illinois University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.77 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.80 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.79 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities226 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science173 Graduates
Family Studies and Consumer Sciences133 Graduates
Elementary Education83 Graduates
Management Sciences and Information Systems69 Graduates
Special Education and Teaching62 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.106 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.102 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 66 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.62 responses
Eastern Illinois University Reviews
Eastern has one of the most positive environments out of any school that I've visited and attended. The location is great, with many stores, activities, and resources within walking distance of campus, and there is always something fun to do. Eastern offers a wide variety of majors, so there is sure to be something there that you'll like, and the majority of the professors are very knowledgeable and willing to help their students to succeed. It's also a very safe campus with a very supportive student body as well as blue emergency polls that alert people to trouble and let you call the campus police. I couldn't imagine attending any other school. In some ways, Eastern feels more like home to me than my own house does!
Eastern Illinois University has been a great help to me. They offer so many RSO's that an individual can get involved with and meet new people. The most important thing that I noticed about EIU right away, is that the faculty and staff treat you like family before you ever make a decision. EIU has done an awesome job at welcoming me, providing me with an awesome education, and making a difference in my life! Coming to EIU was one of the best decisions ever!
I am very happy with my experience at Eastern Illinois University so far. It has gave me many opportunities, and I think it is preparing me for my goals very well. It is a school that isn't too expensive, has amazing professors who teach very well, many fun things to get involved in, and is diverse. I love the school!