Eastern Gateway Community College Reviews

It’s a ok average community college in Steubenville Ohio. The food is way over priced for poor community college students... you get treated ok here by staff members, the professors are all nice. Like I said the school is average didn’t expect much coming here
I am supposed to start school this month and already is having second thoughts. I am already having the problems others have mentioned. No phone calls back with multiple messages, last minute telling me im missing documents which prevented me starting 2017 and now going through the same thing! Classes start this month and I cant even get a phone call back to even register for classes!! I have never attended a school that is soo unprofessional with student service. But I guess since its free with my job you get what you pay for! I will definetly be letting my Ascme union know about how they treat there students...
I attend this college online through a program provided by my union. When you attend, be sure to never have an issue or you'll be calling every day for months to have it resolved. A professor input my grade wrong and it literally took 11 calls to have it corrected. I am not changing my major and different people call me every day referring me to someone else to do it. Your frustration level with the school will be ridiculously high if you expect any kind of professionalism.
Start Your Review of Eastern Gateway Community College
Took for ever to enroll into this place dealing with financial aid. Terrible. Almost missed deadline since they kept telling me they had everything then say i was missing something. Once i enroll they switched to loud cloud. Terrible mistake canvas is better. They decided to let the students test it out with all the bugs included. I had the privilege to take the final exam online a week before the semester ends and the next day be told loud cloud deleted it and i have to take it over!!!!! I spent over 2 hours on it. plus i have to get started on other finals. Get rid of loud cloud this is ridiculous. After this semester if things can't be fixed I'm done with doing online classes and I'm changing schools.
Eastern Gateway Community College Valley Center- Youngstown, Ohio. This 2 year college is perfect for someone who wants to stay close to home and not go broke while attending. The professors care about their students and their success. However, things such as the parking garage,which could use some major renovation especially after spending $65 a semester to park in. There were giant pot holes, dim lighting and no security, so the safety of this facilities parking garage was not up to par. The academic advising could be more organized. Though they are there to help, I felt I was doing all the work and often times felt discouraged with this department. The students were very friendly but the student activities set up by the campus' student activities director were a bit childish in an adult learning environment. Overall, this school gets the job done in a short amount of time.
The things that I like about eastern gateway is that its in Youngstown and this is where i was born i love the people and the school itself. The community is surrounded by good people and the teachers that will help you succeed in every way. The campus isn't big which which isn't a problem for me because i like a small college where i can focus and keep my mind on school. The area is great because my home isn't far so i don't have to walk very far or drive.
Eastern Gateway Community College is a joke. The online degree program employs instructors who don't update the syllabus or bother to grade assignments. You get an email telling you to do something and a contradictory email the very next day. I have never witnessed such unprofessional and unorganized instructors. If you contact the college to ask a question you will get transfered to four different individuals and no one even knows the policies of the college they work for. It's similar to a diploma mill. Very poor education. One instructor repeatedly asks students to "site your work". A college professor does not realize the correct term is cite your work!
I have enjoyed attending eastern gateway community college for the last two years. The main reasons being is the small class sizes and one on one attention provided from professor to student. Also another reason i choose to further my education at this institution is the affordable price of each credit hour. I am currently an LPN going to school to become an RN at this institute.
When I first started this program, I was worried about not being able to work as well. But as time passed, I began to realize I had nothing to worry about! You have many different options to attend classes within the morning, evening, or even weekends. It helps a lot especially for someone who has a family or job.
I have actually been involved with online courses through this school since my junior year in high school! This has helped me tremendously to apply for the program and get in right out of high school. It's a great opportunity.
I feel that it is the best because you're pushed to pursue your degree. No one is left behind. You will always have someone to talk to, to make sure you succeed.
I was actually shocked when I seen how much this school is involved in helping you get a career, having alumni services, and etc... You're treated as an individual like everyone else, and not just another number for their scores.
I can't say that I've ever been let down by my professors at this school. They tell great stories to help us learn from their experiences, they push us to our best to become the best, and will help in any way they possibly can.
Not only do you have a classroom experience, such as power points, notes, book work, and etc... But you get a lot of hands on experiences that'll help you to remember a certain thing to succeed!
I enjoy that when you go and seek help through the admission department, they go above and beyond!
I've managed for two years
I thought online classes were okay. I might not had enough time to complete them because of only having one day a week in that class.
Start Your Review of Eastern Gateway Community College
I don't understand the question
I don't see a lot of recruiters, only from some universities on various occasions. As for the internships I am currently interning at this time. It didn't take long for me to get a job through the school.
I love the professors at my college. They make sure that you learn what is needed. If not they advise you to get that extra help.